Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 05:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It would really break the wheel, eh? I think it would be a brilliant way to end the story.

I liked that aspect of the story. "Breaking the wheel" is what Westeros needs. There will never be peace otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 06:11 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,236,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This may be a book vs. TV question, but it seems that there is a difference between the white walkers and the dead that they call back to life to fight for them. Am I right about that? It appears that the reanimated dead can be defeated with regular weapons.
The White Walkers are "the bosses". We know almost nothing about them. We don't know where they come from, are they smart, do they think like humans, what is their motivation, how do you kill them, how long do they live, etc etc etc. We don't know how many there are, or can new ones be made. Nothing. The one with the horns, the one at the end raising his arms and mocking Jon Snow, is The Night King. But that's all we know.

The "zombies" are called both "the others" and "wights". They are the dead people brought back to life. We know the White Walkers bring them back, and control them, but that's all we know.

It appears obsidian can kill a WW, as can a Valyrian blade. As far as the Others, anything can kill them, like a giant shrugging them off his shoulders, or a stern look from Jon Snow.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:46 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
The White Walkers are "the bosses". We know almost nothing about them. We don't know where they come from, are they smart, do they think like humans, what is their motivation, how do you kill them, how long do they live, etc etc etc. We don't know how many there are, or can new ones be made. Nothing. The one with the horns, the one at the end raising his arms and mocking Jon Snow, is The Night King. But that's all we know.

The "zombies" are called both "the others" and "wights". They are the dead people brought back to life. We know the White Walkers bring them back, and control them, but that's all we know.

It appears obsidian can kill a WW, as can a Valyrian blade. As far as the Others, anything can kill them, like a giant shrugging them off his shoulders, or a stern look from Jon Snow.

White Walkers can be made, there was a previous episode near Crastors keep where they gave babies in the woods to the Walkers who then made the babies into White Walkers.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,736,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
White Walkers can be made, there was a previous episode near Crastors keep where they gave babies in the woods to the Walkers who then made the babies into White Walkers.
Oh yeah, that's right. IIRC, the WW just waved their hand over a baby's face and the baby's eyes turned into cataract like blue, just like the WW's.

Also, some of you who were wondering about Lady Stoneheart, it's not going to happen this season according to one interview I read somewhere. Not sure about next season though, but the actress who plays Cercei posted a spoiler / foreshadowing / whatever you want to call it through her instagram. The spoiler was a picture of heart made of stone, and she called it 'my stone heart'. Hmmmm..

From a non-reader perspective, I think the show should just ditch that storyline. It's distracting and it's not like they didn't have too many storylines to keep up already!

Old 06-02-2015, 08:47 AM

264 posts, read 272,625 times
I wish the whitewalkers would have brought some of their giant ice spiders along that the old maid was telling the Stark kids about at the start of series 1. But its budget constraints, I suppose.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:16 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonNI View Post
I wish the whitewalkers would have brought some of their giant ice spiders along that the old maid was telling the Stark kids about at the start of series 1. But its budget constraints, I suppose.
That reminds me of the giant scorpions that Perseus rode in "Clash of the Titans."

If Dany's Dragons fought the Ice Spider's that would be a "Clash of the Titans"
on the small screen. I could dig it.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:25 PM

212 posts, read 417,897 times
Remember, they still have a secret weapon in Bran and the Children of the Forest and the tree spirits. I think next season will be a lot of fun when they get back into the mix. Poor Rickon and Hodor - where are they?

Old 06-02-2015, 12:35 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortisha View Post
Remember, they still have a secret weapon in Bran and the Children of the Forest and the tree spirits. I think next season will be a lot of fun when they get back into the mix. Poor Rickon and Hodor - where are they?

Bram and Rickon aren't in this season unfortunately. Since the "undead" can only be dispatched permanently by fire, I was thinking Dany's dragons could come in handy.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:55 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonNI View Post
I loved the part where even the Wildlings have begun questioning the old stories. They have no problem believing in the White Walkers and wights or whatever they're called, having seen their own people rising from the dead, but old stories about giant spiders they have never seen are looked on with suspicion.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:58 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Bram and Rickon aren't in this season unfortunately. Since the "undead" can only be dispatched permanently by fire, I was thinking Dany's dragons could come in handy.
It looks like it will be a combination of dragon glass, Valyrian steel, and dragon fire. Having not read the books, I'm unclear how the first Targaryan came into power. From what I gather, he came with his dragons and killed the sitting king and many of the lords, but did he also save the people from the White Walkers? As far as I know, it hasn't been mentioned in the show at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV