Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 PM

7,387 posts, read 12,697,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Spoiler
This is not Sansa's story line in the book. They changed it. He should be marrying someone else while she stays at the eerie
Great spoiler conversation we're having! I won't use the spoiler function here, since that storyline in the book is obviously defunct: Nasty Bastard Bolton (can't remember his name) thinks he is going to marry Arya Stark (in the book). Arya is brought to him, and he doesn't know any better, but we know that she is just some poor girl who has been cast as Arya. (Right? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsjulie View Post
It was a dark epsiode. Reminded me of The Lord of the Rings a bit.

I didn't recognize Winterfell!
I thought the TV episode takes place at the Bolton estate, Moat Cailin (or something), which they're rebuilding. Sansa and Littlefinger view it from high above the castle, and then I thought they entered. I could be wrong, but in that case I didn't recognize Winterfell, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Even in the books Tyrion became very unlikeable after his escape. He seems to have no gratitude towards Varys for saving his life. Since he is my favorite character, I hope this doesn't continue.
So far I prefer "Tyrion in a box" to the book plot which also seems to be scrapped,
Spoiler
Tyrion joining a troop of circus dwarves. I mean, how silly can it get?

But regardless of the plot, I'm just amazed at all the new "locations." Seamless real-life footage and CGI! I love to travel with our GoT buds into new territory!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 06:51 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,971,192 times
Quote:

It's dark because the Boltons run the show there now and not the Starks.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Great spoiler conversation we're having! I won't use the spoiler function here, since that storyline in the book is obviously defunct: Nasty Bastard Bolton (can't remember his name) thinks he is going to marry Arya Stark (in the book). Arya is brought to him, and he doesn't know any better, but we know that she is just some poor girl who has been cast as Arya. (Right? )

I thought the TV episode takes place at the Bolton estate, Moat Cailin (or something), which they're rebuilding. Sansa and Littlefinger view it from high above the castle, and then I thought they entered. I could be wrong, but in that case I didn't recognize Winterfell, either.

So far I prefer "Tyrion in a box" to the book plot which also seems to be scrapped,
Spoiler

But regardless of the plot, I'm just amazed at all the new "locations." Seamless real-life footage and CGI! I love to travel with our GoT buds into new territory!
agree - Tyrion and Penny was a bit silly, but the best part of Tyrion in a box plot is that they cut out what was a much too long journey. (If Martin condensed the best parts of books 4 and 5 into one book it would have been awesome instead of interminable at times.)

Old 04-28-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post

Spoiler

I think the Boltons know Arya is fake in the book?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
I think the Boltons know Arya is fake in the book?
Can't remember. I think it'll have to be some years before I'm ready to read it again...

Anyway, Nasty Bastard's name is Ramsey, of course. And according to our infallible source of info, If Game of Thrones Took Place on Facebook, they really were at Winterfell. 3rd episode spoof has been posted:

If Game of Thrones took place entirely on Facebook

Old 04-28-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
It's dark because the Boltons run the show there now and not the Starks.
The night is dark and full of Boltons...

Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,552,545 times
Well as I pointed out above a couple days ago, Reek's (Theon's) notice of Sansa will result in him helping her in someway and perhaps they both escape.......

Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Well as I pointed out above a couple days ago, Reek's (Theon's) notice of Sansa will result in him helping her in someway and perhaps they both escape.......
I think you're right. After all, they grew up together.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:44 AM

28,969 posts, read 30,325,016 times
Quote:

thank you, but what I mean to say is, my screen was dark....after the show I actually went in and tried to make the picture brighter....but if it's the show, man oh man, you could hardly see the people.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:22 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,096,910 times
We had to turn off all the lights in our room to be able to view it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV