Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 12:02 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No, Rodney's accent is not "way off" if you live in Southie, Shell. It's the typical "gangsta" accent boys (usually) adopt to sound "cool".

That's why impessionists are popular. They can drop their accents and do other people's. Remember Rich Little?

That's why I am amazed to hear actors turn out not to be American!
OK, I misunderstood...I thought you had said he was over the top...but I get it now!

Oh yes, I remember Rich Little very well...and I know many people can do accents, impressions and other fun stuff with their voices...it's actually always fascinated me. I just didn't know Rodney had that capability...and it was pretty darn good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 12:17 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,336,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
OK, I misunderstood...I thought you had said he was over the top...but I get it now!

Oh yes, I remember Rich Little very well...and I know many people can do accents, impressions and other fun stuff with their voices...it's actually always fascinated me. I just didn't know Rodney had that capability...and it was pretty darn good!
Rodney is good at accents, isn't he? Whoda' thunk it?

Old 04-16-2015, 12:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Rodney is good at accents, isn't he? Whoda' thunk it?
I may have said Rodney's accent was over the top for BOSTON, I don't remember now and it is even a VERY strong Southie accent but they do sound like that in Southie. I don't think even Boston Rob's accent was that heavy. Maybe I just haven't heard his in so long.

Yeah, Keta, I was impressed with Rodney. Maybe he missed his calling!?

Old 04-16-2015, 01:19 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,404,445 times
Hopefully, Jenn will be kicked into gear and start building more alliances. She should start with Sierra and then Rodney. She hopefully will keep her alliance with Shirin.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:42 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,535,732 times
Shirin's edit early on was that of an absolute flake. If she can keep her pants on, she has a fighting chance and is winning points with the Jury.

Jenn is too good to quit. I hope she has an about face in regards to the end-game.

Nice to see that Hali now understands that it was Will who flipped.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:50 PM

5,525 posts, read 7,116,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That's why I am amazed to hear actors turn out not to be American!
Exactly! I think of Andrew Lincoln. I don't know how they do that.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:22 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Exactly! I think of Andrew Lincoln. I don't know how they do that.
I KNOW! I'm always a little taken aback when he talks on the Talking Dead...

Old 04-16-2015, 03:38 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Rodney's impressions were very funny, I loved that. But I have to admit that this was the only time I liked anything about Rodney this entire season. I have yet to find anything about Dan appealing. If Rodney can somehow scheme up a blindside of Mike while he keeps his idol in his pocket, who knows? He could go all the way to the end. If he does, he will get as many jury votes as Russell Hantz is my guess.

Mike is surely the odds on favorite to win, and right now Rodney is the only one doing anything to stop that. The two wild cards who could derail everything are Carolyn and Tyler, and Carolyn has an idol that only she and Tyler know about. It's gonna get real interesting in the next week or two, because all the outliers will be gone by then. Will is the most useless player this season, and you can bet people would love to take him to the end.

Rodney was right about something else, when he called Joe "an all-American white boy who everyone would love to see win", and I wish they still awarded $100,000 dollars to the most popular player. He would win that easily.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:48 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,266,014 times
I didn't follow what Joe was trying to do with the fake idol. For sure they were going to split the vote between him and Jenn. If he had a real idol, he would have just played it. All this deal making with Mike to bribe him to vote for Jenn didn't make sense. That should have clued in Mike that Joe was lying. Besides that, Mike had a real idol and should have known this one was too primitive. And then, Mike played the idol, wasting it on Will, who wasn't going to get votes. If he really did think it was real, he should have held it for another time, or if he realized it was fake, use it himself for wheeling and dealing.

It looks like they've morphed into two alliances: Mike, Dan, Sierra, and Sherin vs. Rodney, Will, Tyler, and Carolyn, with Jenn as the tie breaker. If Jenn goes with Sherin, she could at least make final 5. Sierra hates Mike and Dan, but she probably is in a safer place with them for a while. Tyler's been too quiet. I'm waiting on him to make a move. I hope so. We need a shakeup. Predictability is boring.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:01 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,404,445 times
Is anyone else wondering if there will be a Ponderosa hookup? I'm thinking that Joe and Hali would make a good couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV