Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 11:46 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I loved the "How YOU doin" moment between Brienne and that hunky wildling.
haha 'Take me to your ladder!...I mean leader'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 12:15 PM

677 posts, read 653,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post

Also, which of the major houses are dead now?

-Tullys? Is Edmure still alive?
In the books Edmure is alive, as is the Blackfish, who is a wonderful character that the show so terribly misses out on. Also, the Stark kids could be seen as heirs of a sort if the male lines were killed off.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:17 PM

677 posts, read 653,261 times
I disagree that Dany ends on the throne in the end. I think hers will be the tragic line, as she has no way to pass along rulership to any heirs. I think that although a major player, in the books this is clearly the story of the Stark children, and one of them (most likely Jon) will wind up sitting the throne. Jon actually has the stronger claim than Dany given R+L=J, and has the ability to unite others, and to perpetuate heirs. I think Dany will help him win the throne.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:17 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Not just the Tyrells themselves, either dead or maybe in the High Sparrow's grasp/prison, but the Tyrells' wealth will be in their hands...

Jaime said to Oleena Tyrell, "You have the second largest army in Westeros". And he had a perfectly reasonable reason why the Lannister army needed to stand down when the Tyrells attack the Sparrows. I can see them letting the Tyrell army wipe out the Sparrows and then ambushing them by setting the largest army on them..... the Lannister army.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 05-17-2016 at 12:30 PM..

Old 05-17-2016, 12:21 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Jaime said to Oleena Tyrell, "You have the second largest army in Westros". And he had a perfectly reasonable reason why the Lannister army needed to stand down when the Tyrells attacks the Sparrows. I can see them letting the Tyrell army wipe out the Sparrows and then ambushing them by setting the largest army on them..... the Lannister army.

Now that Dany has a huge infantry division (The Unsullied) and a huge Cavalry division
(The Dothraki) I believe she has the largest army.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Now that Dany has a huge infantry division (The Unsullied) and a huge Cavalry division
(The Dothraki) I believe she has the largest army.

True. But, she's not in Westeros now is she?

Old 05-17-2016, 01:05 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I believe Daenerys always had the ability to tolerate intense heat. The first scene in which she appears, Daenerys is in a bath. Her maidservant comments on how the water is too hot and that she is surprised that Daenerys can withstand it. Daenerys replies that, to her, the water seems somewhat tepid.

Yeah, even though Martin has said that her surviving Drogo's funeral pyre was a one off due to magic, in the Dunk and Egg series ("Egg" being a young Aegon V, Maester Aemon's younger brother, while he was around 12 or so), it's mentioned how Egg never sweats no matter how hot it is and how he always seems cold even when no one else can move because of the heat and sits closer to the fire than any one else can.

Nerd switch off.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:20 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,823,842 times
Quote:
Jaime said to Oleena Tyrell, "You have the second largest army in Westeros". And he had a perfectly reasonable reason why the Lannister army needed to stand down when the Tyrells attack the Sparrows. I can see them letting the Tyrell army wipe out the Sparrows and then ambushing them by setting the largest army on them..... the Lannister army.
Naw I don't see it happening that way. And then what happens when the Reach turns against the crown? The families of the Reach are very loyal to the Tyrells. The Reach also controls the food for the kingdom, they would easily cut off King's Landing and the the rest of Westeros from it. And then they have to deal with Dorne.

While I do think Cersei is dumb, I think she has learned her lesson. In season 5 she got too smug and that's when she was going after the Tyrells. The Lannisters are too weak right now to take this all upon themselves.

Also there is the case of Tommen. If the Tyrells are attacked, Cersei can forget about having control over the king. I think in the last episode she realized that she cannot get Margaery off Tommen's mind. Therefore, for now she is going to have to ally with the Tyrells in order to get things moving. I think to her the Tyrells are a matter she will deal with down the road, but I don't think in the season.

I do think though in attack of the Tyrells against the High Sparrow, both Loras and Margaery are at risk at being killed, which could set of a Lannister vs. Tyrell war seeing as its Cersei's fault the Tyrell kids are in prison. I don't think though the Lannisters will ambush them. It would be a stupid move even for the Cersei.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:10 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
True. But, she's not in Westeros now is she?
yet

Old 05-17-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Naw I don't see it happening that way. And then what happens when the Reach turns against the crown? The families of the Reach are very loyal to the Tyrells. The Reach also controls the food for the kingdom, they would easily cut off King's Landing and the the rest of Westeros from it. And then they have to deal with Dorne.

While I do think Cersei is dumb, I think she has learned her lesson. In season 5 she got too smug and that's when she was going after the Tyrells. The Lannisters are too weak right now to take this all upon themselves.

Also there is the case of Tommen. If the Tyrells are attacked, Cersei can forget about having control over the king. I think in the last episode she realized that she cannot get Margaery off Tommen's mind. Therefore, for now she is going to have to ally with the Tyrells in order to get things moving. I think to her the Tyrells are a matter she will deal with down the road, but I don't think in the season.

I do think though in attack of the Tyrells against the High Sparrow, both Loras and Margaery are at risk at being killed, which could set of a Lannister vs. Tyrell war seeing as its Cersei's fault the Tyrell kids are in prison. I don't think though the Lannisters will ambush them. It would be a stupid move even for the Cersei.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I can still see Cersei planning the murders of Olenna, Loras and Margaery and putting the blame on the Sparrows. Then the Tyrell army wipes out the Sparrows. Two birds, one stone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV