Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 02:40 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,831,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I can still see Cersei planning the murders of Olenna, Loras and Margaery and putting the blame on the Sparrows. Then the Tyrell army wipes out the Sparrows. Two birds, one stone.
I can see Margaery and Loras being killed in the fray of the attack perhaps by Lannister doing, but not Olenna or Mace. That's a little too ambitious especially when the Tyrells haven't done anything wrong to the Lannisters (we can't count Joffrey's death as the Lannisters are unaware it was the Tyrells). It's too ambitious to wipe out a powerful family like that that is your only ally. That requires more planning and maneuvering if you want to come out clean. It would be also suspicious that ALL the Tyrells get wiped out by the weak Sparrow fighters especially when the Tyrell army is present.

I don't think the Tyrells will be wiped out, but I definitely see A Tyrell dying this season. It's been 6 seasons and not on of them has died. Actually out of all the great houses the Tyrells are the only ones that have not suffered a death. I think it will be Loras first with possibly Margaery, but I really like Margaery and I think she is an interesting character so I hope not.

I really hope Olenna sticks around. Mace can die I don't care .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 02:52 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,831,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I can see Margaery and Loras being killed in the fray of the attack perhaps by Lannister doing, but not Olenna or Mace. That's a little too ambitious especially when the Tyrells haven't done anything wrong to the Lannisters (we can't count Joffrey's death as the Lannisters are unaware it was the Tyrells). It's too ambitious to wipe out a powerful family like that that is your only ally. That requires more planning and maneuvering if you want to come out clean. It would be also suspicious that ALL the Tyrells get wiped out by the weak Sparrow fighters especially when the Tyrell army is present.

I don't think the Tyrells will be wiped out, but I definitely see A Tyrell dying this season. It's been 6 seasons and not on of them has died. Actually out of all the great houses the Tyrells are the only ones that have not suffered a death. I think it will be Loras first with possibly Margaery, but I really like Margaery and I think she is an interesting character so I hope not.

I really hope Olenna sticks around. Mace can die I don't care .

If the death(s) can be blamed on the Sparrows, the alliance is still intact. If Margaery dies it removes her as a source of power behind the throne and that's what Cersei really wants. She believes (maybe incorrectly) that if she can remove the Sparrows and Margaery then she and Jaime can control Tommen completely and therefore the throne.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:04 PM

45,555 posts, read 60,795,283 times
In the books, Varys kills Pycelle and Kevan because Kevan is straightening things out from the botch Crsei has made. The point is to clear the way for a Targaryen restoration, either Aegon the Absent or Daenerys.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:08 PM

4,717 posts, read 5,975,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Now that Dany has a huge infantry division (The Unsullied) and a huge Cavalry division
(The Dothraki) I believe she has the largest army.
The Unsullied were 8,000 to 10,000 before all the attacks from the Sons of the Harpy. They've maybe lost several hundred so far? The Unsullied are very skilled fighters, but lightly armored.

The Dothraki had 100,000 people in Vaes Dothrak. Say about half are women, that makes 50,000 males. Of those, maybe 10,000 are too young to fight (children). So, that is 40,000 cavalry, none of whom are armored. Skilled individual fighters, though.

When the Tyrell & Baratheon army led by Renly marched on Storm's End vs Stannis, they had nearly 100,000 men under them, including thousands of heavily armored knights and armored men-at-arms.

The Lannisters had upwards of 40,000 to 50,000 men before they started the war, though they did have some pretty high casualties vs Robb Stark.

The Tyrells would annihilate the Dothraki and Unsullied army on the field in Westeros... unless Dany gets her dragons back.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:12 PM

4,717 posts, read 5,975,549 times
Quote:
Jaime said to Oleena Tyrell, "You have the second largest army in Westeros". And he had a perfectly reasonable reason why the Lannister army needed to stand down when the Tyrells attack the Sparrows. I can see them letting the Tyrell army wipe out the Sparrows and then ambushing them by setting the largest army on them..... the Lannister army.
The Lannister army is not in the city - the Goldcloaks are the City Watch, the King's Landing equivalent of the Police. The bulk of the Lannister army is probably in either Casterly Rock or Lannisport.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:12 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,330,894 times
Quote:
True. But, she's not in Westeros now is she?
That is my problem with that character. She had plenty of opportunities to invade kings landing but.never.did.

She remained where she was and took city after city but without ruling them they devolved to what they were before she liberated them sometimes putting them back in the hands of tyrants from whom she took them. Nothing got better from her touch

Big hat no cattle

Old 05-17-2016, 03:13 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,831,581 times
Quote:
If the death(s) can be blamed on the Sparrows, the alliance is still intact. If Margaery dies it removes her as a source of power behind the throne and that's what Cersei really wants. She believes (maybe incorrectly) that if she can remove the Sparrows and Margaery then she and Jaime can control Tommen completely and therefore the throne.
Ok, well I can see maybe that happening, but not at total Lannister ambush on the Tyrells. It would be too obvious.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:15 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,330,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
That is my problem with that character. She had plenty of opportunities to invade kings landing but.never.did.

She remained where she was and took city after city but without ruling them they devolved to what they were before she liberated them. sometimes she put them back in the hands of tyrants from whom she took them. Nothing got better from her touch

Big hat no cattle
Just don't see how she even thinks she could rule westeros

Old 05-17-2016, 03:31 PM

45,555 posts, read 60,795,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post

Big hat no clothes

Had to fix that.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:04 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
The Lannister army is not in the city - the Goldcloaks are the City Watch, the King's Landing equivalent of the Police. The bulk of the Lannister army is probably in either Casterly Rock or Lannisport.
So who is the largest army in Westeros?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV