Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 07:52 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post

Tim...start your own show. You have fashion sense than any of those other judges.

He did have his own show, at least 1 that I remember, Under the Gunn, I think that's what it was called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 08:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Yes, I think they have people whose sole job is to scour the net to see what fans are saying. Truly, I do. Too many times at SurvivorSucks, people have said stuff and even Jeff Probst logged in one day to chat. So yep...shows watch social threads and forums for input.

With that said...Brandon's look is disgusting. How anyone can like the tents and straps as fashion just boggles my mind. Maybe I am too old to watch this show because there is nothing classy or even wearable that I see except for bone racks or people with no sense at all. What happened to casual classy and/or elegance that enhances the body? All i see is crap. And those judges are just old hat now. Get some fresh ones in there. Especially Heidi!!!

Yo! Heidi! Not everyone wants to show skin, nor are they a size 1, nor do they want to look like a **** like you do. Hope you see this. Stick your bad fashion sense where the sun doesn't shine!

Tim...start your own show. You have fashion sense than any of those other judges.
I'm so over Nina; she needs a make-over like yesterday!!
Yea, Tim had his own show but it sucked. I don't blame Tim for that. The concept just was no good.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:58 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,188,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post

It's come to the point that I'm watching it when it's on live but not really watching it all, run to make popcorn, make a phone call...use to have my undivided attention. If I watch it on demand, like I did last nights show, I'm skipping through probably half the show now, it's so boring, and unexciting.
I'm right there with you....I've gotten to the point where I just watch it up to Tim's critique, then Fast forward to the runway show, skip forward again to the point where I can tell which will be in the top and bottom, and then FF again to see the winner and who is auffed.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:43 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,918 times
Quote:
With that said...Brandon's look is disgusting. How anyone can like the tents and straps as fashion just boggles my mind. Maybe I am too old to watch this show because there is nothing classy or even wearable that I see except for bone racks or people with no sense at all. What happened to casual classy and/or elegance that enhances the body? All i see is crap.
Yep, Brandon can do no wrong on this show. I actually thought his design was lacking innovation - how many times have we seen that sort of crop top that floats way out in front like that. Flattering and wearable on literally no one. Yawn.

I agree with your point about the lack of class/elegance/wearability - this seems to be a problem in general with fashion even for us common folks.

I was pleasantly surprised that the judges liked Margarita's look. I really liked it, and I told my husband, they're probably going to hate it and she'll be in the bottom. Glad to be wrong.

I was also surprised that they liked Kenya's look. I really did not like that shape - it did not flatter her model's body at all, looked to me like a malformed suitcase. But the judges were raving.

And yeah, the Tim Gunn save-non-save was annoying. This show is starting to take a page out of WWE's book, where they tease something and then don't follow through. Maybe next week. Or maybe not at all.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:11 AM

919 posts, read 790,003 times
I think it's too late for the Tim Gunn save. I would have liked to see him save Michael because it's a shame for a good designer to be sent home for an unconventional challenge. But yeah, now I think it's too late to save anyone and have it feel right.

It's best used when someone with real potentiall has a bad week and gets eliminated early. I can't see how it could be used this late withourt hard feelings.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:36 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Kentaro's was an embarrassment! My god, it was hideous and a joke. He knew it too.

I liked Margarita's dress.

I kind of chuckled last week when they told that older lady she was out too. Hit her blindside with that. Her dress was horrible!

I like Brandon's work, but I am not crazy about it like the judges are, I think they perceive it as he has an aesthetic. I want him to challenge himself and break out from the continued "Dune" look.

On a personal note, meaning not reflecting on fashion, I love Kenya! I always want to give her a hug.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:56 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
Margaritas outfit reminded me of something you'd be seen wearing at roller derby.

Kentaro's look should have been on Survivor, for Tribal Counsel. Hated everything about it.

Wished they had saved Michael.

Another streamer on Brandons work! I wonder if he would be able to make an elegant gown. I'm thinking the other designers are right and he's a 1 trick pony.

It seems each week the fashion is just getting worse. The judges have gotten too lax. They need some ex-lax to clear themselves out and light a fire under these people!

Old 10-21-2017, 07:10 PM

671 posts, read 445,773 times
NOBODY should be eliminated from designing apparel from junk. Unconventional? Please. It's JUNK. And to be eliminated because the designers cannot DESIGN from it, is ludicrous.

This show is getting pretty lame. It's no longer about designing. Its about drama, the awful judges, most popular person to those judges, fake set ups like this Twin thing.

This will probably be the last season for me unless they return back to what they are supposed to be. A DESIGNER show, not a junk/craft show.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:12 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,170,383 times
I watched last week and even the repeats of the week before. I noticed Zac P. said right out he'd like to see a runway of Brandon. None of the other judges replied to that. I wonder how far they get into the series before they really have their minds made up who will win?

Brandon's stuff is so much the same. I think he doesn't have many ideas.

I guess we could figure out if Tim is going to save somebody, by counting the episodes left and people left and if it comes up short then one week would be the one with the saved person. I thought maybe that was why they let 2 go at once, that would leave another week for the saved person. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:20 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
I wonder if they are going to do a couture challenge?

I have happened to like Brandon's work. He seems to be able to fit his aesthetic into each challenge, and it does add something different. Not sure its totally innovative, but it would make a cohesive runway show, so I can see where Zac is coming from perhaps in that regard.

I was thinking about old episodes, and came across this... https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...l-time/374823/

When THIS used to be a win.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV