Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 12:09 PM
Her

298 posts, read 868,592 times

Advertisements

I liked Kentaro's pants (especially those beautiful pockets), but overall, the looks seemed more athletic than anything else.

I actually preferred Batani's dress to Margarita's. Margarita's dress was lovely, and well made, but didn't seem like anything new. I have three dresses that are extremely similar hanging in my closet right now. I'd love to purchase Batani's dress. So cute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 12:48 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Seriously thought Brandon and Kentaro had the winning looks this week. I would love that overcoat Brandon designed.
Agreed!!

Winning look was meh and even worse when mass produced. In fact, I didn't really like any of the other looks this week. And totally over the twins.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:11 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,519 times
Here it is on sale

Not bad for 40$. I thought the winning look was deserving. I wonder if the big drama is actually with Margarita. They tease us so much. Last week she completely threw her "client/model" under the bus so ...

Michael's comment about the Dream Team was a bit dark, about how he hoped that their egos get over inflated and mentally crushes them ... yeah, stay classy Michael.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:30 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,426 times
As Pippy and N.Cal said, I also thought that Brandon and Kentaro should have won. The only pieces I would purchase from this segment were Brandon's pants and duster and Kentaro's jacket. Liked the shoes Brandon showed as well.

NYE was probably the last time I wore a dress. The most negative part of Kenya's was the tie. I wonder how a stand up collar would have looked. With Batani's dress I would have liked to see a longer length and a slimmer skirt. I really liked the back of Margarita's. I just don't generally appreciate or wear dresses.

The worst for me were Shawn, Michael and Ayana. Amy's too, I guess. Why all the cheap buttons?

The stress on the contestants was obvious. The dynamic between Kenya and Amy was tense. Margarita's TH was aggravating, and I agree with what BVitamin said about Michael.

Personally I would have enjoyed a menswear challenge in order to see some hot male models (wonder if they would have been size inclusive). IIRC season 4 had one, season 11 had male strippers, and seasons 2,3, and 4 of All-Stars had male models. One of these concerned androgynous looks and the other was for couples on a date. I remember that one got a lot of attention because one couple was guy+guy.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:14 AM

671 posts, read 445,377 times
It never ceases to amaze me how awful most of the outfits are but the judges call "fashion".

With that said, I loathe Shawn and wish she was gone. She ruins the show for me because it is no longer designing..it's turning into the Twin Show.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:58 AM

919 posts, read 789,447 times
Well being that I've liked Margarita, I was pleased she won though that tease from next week has me wondering......
I thought Brandon and Kentaro was nice but more of the same.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:32 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,723 times
Oh for the LOVE....... Can PR please stop with the drama!! Just auf one of them and let it be over. I guess next week will be a little longer so they can continue on with this little side-show of the twin drama.

Though it seems that from the previews that had been shown earlier it shows Claire and Shawn crying, and Michaels big announcement and Samantha crying? Perhaps this has all been mish-mashed together to maximize drama, but I am wondering if perhaps Michael leaves and Samantha is invited back????

As for the episode, I did like the winning looks. The twins looks were just bad. It seems credulous to me in a design show, where designers are just not putting together a look, actually creating their own looks, one of the twins ask Kentaro if they can recreate what he designed the week before!! Its not project model "stylist".

After this season, I think I am done with PR, unless they move away from this drama BS.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:09 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how awful most of the outfits are but the judges call "fashion".

With that said, I loathe Shawn and wish she was gone. She ruins the show for me because it is no longer designing..it's turning into the Twin Show.
Agreed. I think the "weak" twin will cause the other twin to be eliminated.

I DVR all the shows and sometimes just FF to the runway part. Not all the time bc for the most part I enjoy watching the creative process.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:54 PM

671 posts, read 445,377 times
Yes, I think they will dump the stronger twin and keep the weak one to try to force her to design on her own without help. Good luck with that. She sucks.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:50 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
Yes, I think they will dump the stronger twin and keep the weak one to try to force her to design on her own without help. Good luck with that. She sucks.
I cant wait for the meltdowns but especially from the bald twin with the lesser talent. The ponytail twin always proclaiming "I deserve to be in the top where I belong"....hahahaha. Girl bye and take yo nasty nose ring with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV