Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 08:46 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,705,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Bets on how long Lauren and Arie last?
I actually think he needed (and wanted) someone a bit more passive, unassuming and low-key like Lauren. I think he found Becca a threat and too much of a go-getter for his style.

So, I think he and Lauren are actually a better match. Not that I agree by any means with how he handled any of it but it was far better than stringing Becca along for a longer period of time and then dumping her. He actually did Becca a HUGE favor and I am sure she will soon agree with that even though it may sting a bit right now. And Arie will continue to get the wrath for his "sins" for quite some time. LOL

But by the looks of it, she has already put it all behind her and is moving on. I highly doubt she would take such a huge step by becoming the Bachelorette if she wasn't ready

C'est la vie....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 09:06 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Why does Arie go mmmmmmm all of the time? So weird and totally creepy.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:15 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,717 times
There is something kinda odd about the guy, sort of gives off a weird vibe.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:27 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Becca showed class. Now...if that had been me Arie wold have been running out the door cameras or no cameras. I wanted to be there to slap him, and I can't believe she didn't tell him how sorry he was. Oh well, like I said she had class.
So.....physical violence is ok as long as it's the woman doing the slapping or acting out physically.....Got it. Just making sure the double standard is alive and well.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:33 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
And the reality tv show award for worst actress: Becca.

And the reality tv show award for worst attempt at contrived drama: The Bachelor.

If any of you believed that was real, you bought it hook, line and sinker. Last week when I saw Arie and Becca on their date and they were saying they loved each other it came off as fake, I saw no connection. Becca seemed so much different, elated, yet I felt the two were play acting. Told myself, the producers have set this up for Arie to propose to Becca, they'll break up, then he and Lauren will get together. So why was Becca elated you ask? Either because she'll be the next Bachelorette or she received a real swell check that put a smile on her face.

My concern was for Lauren and whether or not they clued her in beforehand, but I knew they had to have. No way would she consider taking Arie back if he let her go without warning it was a set-up to create drama. [It also gave CBS an extra night of Bachelor ratings (ad revenue)].

Wasn't the first thing that was fake involving Becca. Recall her ex-boyfriend showing up? When she opened the door there was no camera behind her, yet as the guy was talking all of a sudden a camerman was inside behind Becca. Then when she was sitting on the step as the guy continued talking again there was no camerman behind her, yet without his conversation being interrupted suddenly a camernan appeared behind her like a magic. Way too obvious.

I like watching the Bachelor to see what ladies will be on, and how they interact and which ones are there for the right reasons, but the fake scenes are annoying. Even Chris Harrison had a hard time keeping a straight face when they came back from the break-up scene a time or two.

Poor Arie, he's going to take so much grief from people who actually believe he treated Becca and Lauren that way. He shouldn't have agreed to it. Hope the money he made was worth it.
Ever watch them when they kiss? Arie was kissing Becca above her mouth, below her mouth, and the side of her mouth. Once he kissed her nose. Of course with his eyes closed, I guess he could miss, but still. If they were really in love, they would have kissed on the mouth more. Just my opinion of course. He was kissing the other ladies with a whole lot of tongue. But not Becca. Hmmm.

Watching "After the final rose" now, because there is nothing else on. I wonder if Becca will become the next Bachelorette. Hey, maybe her ex-bf will show up there too.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:57 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,705,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Watching "After the final rose" now, because there is nothing else on. I wonder if Becca will become the next Bachelorette. Hey, maybe her ex-bf will show up there too.
So you must not have watched tonight's (Tues) show where it was announced that Becca IS the next Bachelorette.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:07 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
A lot of Becca's 'restraint' was because of the cameras. Sure, she said a few f-words, but she didn't scream, get physical, or even cry that we could see. She may have fallen apart off camera, though.
Actually. Becca reacted just like a lot of upper midwest people are characterized. I live up here....that strength and restraint is common. I totally respected her for being a class act.

And the *final*, final show last night was even better. Truly she is the winner on this season.

I think that all the previous contestants gave her support. she seemed much stronger last night. I would have loved to be at the after show bit.h fest hanging out with all of them.....

I also think that she will have fun being the next bachelorette. I'll be watching.

P.S. I cannot believe that Arie propsed to Lauren on last night's show.....cringe worthy.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I wonder if she's allowed to keep the ring. I know I would if I were a woman in that situation. I noticed that at least in the latter part of the break up scene, she wasn't wearing it. The guy is such a jerk. The thing to do would have been to be honest and propose to neither and then see what developed after the run of the show.
I read on a blog earlier written by an ex bachelorette, Ali The Bachelor Proposal and Heartbreak | Ali Fedotowsky that the contract is that if they break up within 2 years of the proposal that Neil Lane gets the rings back.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
And the reality tv show award for worst actress: Becca.

And the reality tv show award for worst attempt at contrived drama: The Bachelor.

If any of you believed that was real, you bought it hook, line and sinker. Last week when I saw Arie and Becca on their date and they were saying they loved each other it came off as fake, I saw no connection. Becca seemed so much different, elated, yet I felt the two were play acting. Told myself, the producers have set this up for Arie to propose to Becca, they'll break up, then he and Lauren will get together. So why was Becca elated you ask? Either because she'll be the next Bachelorette or she received a real swell check that put a smile on her face.

My concern was for Lauren and whether or not they clued her in beforehand, but I knew they had to have. No way would she consider taking Arie back if he let her go without warning it was a set-up to create drama. [It also gave CBS an extra night of Bachelor ratings (ad revenue)].

Wasn't the first thing that was fake involving Becca. Recall her ex-boyfriend showing up? When she opened the door there was no camera behind her, yet as the guy was talking all of a sudden a camerman was inside behind Becca. Then when she was sitting on the step as the guy continued talking again there was no camerman behind her, yet without his conversation being interrupted suddenly a camernan appeared behind her like a magic. Way too obvious.

I like watching the Bachelor to see what ladies will be on, and how they interact and which ones are there for the right reasons, but the fake scenes are annoying. Even Chris Harrison had a hard time keeping a straight face when they came back from the break-up scene a time or two.

Poor Arie, he's going to take so much grief from people who actually believe he treated Becca and Lauren that way. He shouldn't have agreed to it. Hope the money he made was worth it.
You didn't even have the network right.....it's ABC

Old 03-07-2018, 06:49 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
Funny I put on here last night that Becca was named the new Bachlorette AFTER it was announced on the show and a Mod removed it stating spoiler alert???!! How is it a spoiler if it was already said on the show? At any rate, I’m over this show. When crap happens like Atie proposing to one girl and then proposing to another soon after, that’s not good TV, it’s garbage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV