Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 04:07 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,072,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
EXACTLY......

Walt knew everything that he had tried to accomplish had turned into a steaming pile of poop..... because of his own greed..... his all-important family held nothing but hatred for him and were destined to struggle until the end of time......

What could be more tragic than THAT from Walt's perspective??
I just feel that Walt's Greed getting his wife killed, and leaving his kids orphans is more tragic than having the whole family live and hating him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 05:09 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I just feel that Walt's Greed getting his wife killed, and leaving his kids orphans is more tragic than having the whole family live and hating him.
A tragedy most of us didn't want to see happen. If this is still on Netflix, I will watch the finale again. Loved!

Old 06-12-2018, 05:16 PM

If it did happen this way, with Skyler being killed, but Jesse taking off with Andrea, who is alive at the end, would fans think it was a good ending still, but not perfect, or would they absolutely hate it?

Old 06-12-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
If it did happen this way, with Skyler being killed, but Jesse taking off with Andrea, who is alive at the end, would fans think it was a good ending still, but not perfect, or would they absolutely hate it?
IDK but for you, Andrea not being killed would have taken away from all the tragedy you like. And the drama and intensity. I know I was on the edge of my seat going no, no! But it was necessary and realistic.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Well I just felt that Andrea's death didn't add anything and everything is still the same it seems. Where as Skyler's death would have added something for me. How was her death necessary? To keep Jesse from escaping? I thought they could have just threatened to kill her and Brock if he escapes and that would have been enough to get him not escape, especially since he already saw the photograph of them, that they had.

I was actually mad that they killed off Andrea, cause I wanted Jesse to go back to her after, and I was thinking, what's wrong with you writers, you killed off the wrong character! I think it's because Andrea is not a very main character, perhaps people consider her more expendable, where as I usually think there is more drama, when you kill off a major character.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:26 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
I don't think the villains had and reason to kill Walt Jr, but I feel that there needed to be one more family member killed off as a result of the consequences.

Everyone says that it was perfect, but I couldn't help but feel that the writers were playing it semi-safe, by making Hank the only kill-able character in the family.
The problem here...if you ask me...is that you see death as the ultimate consequence. The truth of the matter is that it is often the opposite. It reminds me of that scene in Jurassic Park II where Ian Malcolm takes offense at Roland Tembo's flippant comment about one of his friends being eaten by the T-Rex, to which Tembo replies "well then his troubles are over".

Having Skylar and/or Walt Jr. killed would have really only punished Walt, but he was going to be dying soon anyways, so his inevitable death would have just relieved that punishment. As it was, Walt was punished by the knowledge that his family hated him and that his actions ultimately made their situation worse, rather than provide security for them when he passed away.

In addition to the realities of their financial and living situation, Walt. Jr was punished with the knowledge that his father was an evil man. Skylar was punished with her relationship with her son and sister being forever altered for the worse. Their fates were ultimately much worse than the release of death.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:33 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Yeah I agree, I would have hated Jesse being killed too.
I go back and forth on that. Like someone else said, you could always see that at his core, Jesse was a decent person. That said, his stupidity and shoot from the hip nature was responsible for a lot of problems for he and Walt.

Quote:
Well I just felt that Andrea's death didn't add anything and everything is still the same it seems. Where as Skyler's death would have added something for me. How was her death necessary? To keep Jesse from escaping? I thought they could have just threatened to kill her and Brock if he escapes and that would have been enough to get him not escape, especially since he already saw the photograph of them, that they had.
Again, you're looking at the issue too superficially. Jesse fell in love with two women during their series, and both of them died because of his actions. In Andrea's case, she was murdered right in front of him as punishment for his actions. Also remember that Andrea's death didn't just effect Jesse. Brock (whom Jesse saw as something of a son) lost his mother.

Last edited by McBain II; 06-12-2018 at 07:46 PM..

Old 06-12-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Again, you're looking at the issue too superficially. Jesse fell in love with two women during their series, and both of them died because of his actions. In Andrea's case, she was murdered right in front of him as punishment for his actions. Also remember that Andrea's death didn't just effect Jesse. Brock (whom Jesse saw as something of a son) lost his mother.
Okay I can see this playing a part, but it feels like the writers didn't play it this way. When Jesse kills Todd, he is killing him with a lot of rage, as if he blames Todd for Andrea's death. So that's the way it plays out rather than him blaming himself it seems.

Also, it was more Walter's fault for Andrea's death since a lot of his actions played a part in it as well, and I would say even more so than Jesse's, no?

Also if it's better for Skyler to be punished while is alive, I feel that should could have used a more harsh punishment while alive. I suggested to send her to real prison, so she doesn't see her kids again, as a punishment, so would that work better? I just feel her being in the same house with the kids for the rest of her life is not harsh of a punishment enough for all that was done wrong, so why not real maximum security prison, instead of death then?

Old 06-12-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:

I was actually mad that they killed off Andrea, cause I wanted Jesse to go back to her after, and I was thinking, what's wrong with you writers, you killed off the wrong character! I think it's because Andrea is not a very main character, perhaps people consider her more expendable, where as I usually think there is more drama, when you kill off a major character.
I'm not following you at all. They had to keep Jesse in line. Threats were obviously not enough, since he escaped anyway, even after seeing the photo. So they had to show him they meant business. 'This is what happens when you disobey, and next time, it's the kid'. To ensure there would be no next time.

Whereas Skylar being killed was not needed for anything except to ensure that she did not call the police. Todd believed her that she would not, and that makes sense. Given her position, she would not be inclined to anyway, that wouldn't benefit her to do. Criminals do not call the cops to report how a rival criminal is threatening them.

They also wanted to show that Todd had some humanity. The show is all about shades of humanity. Walter almost completely lost all of his. Skylar lost a bit, Jesse struggled with his.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:55 PM

But what I meant is, is that they didn't need to have the escape scene. Have them threaten him that they know where they live, and that will make him realize he can't escape without them being killed, and then he wouldn't have tried in the first place.

The escape was an unnecessary part of the plot I felt, and they have just wrote it so that the threat of them being killed was enough.

But I thought that Skyler was a threat to them since the prosecutor keeps threatening her to cut a deal and give up info, or else she will face a harsher punishment, so I thought that is why they would kill her, to keep her from cutting a deal.

I didn't really need any humanity from Todd, I am totally fine with him not having any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV