Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 06:54 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times

Advertisements

As others have said... the absolute best ending of any series I've watched.

I would not change a thing. Not. One. Thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 03:48 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,072,062 times
Can't really explain what I mean by 'feel', I just feel what I feel.

Yeah I understand Walter got his punishment but I felt like the consequences of his actions needed to be more darker on the other characters. If they would have killed Marie or Skyler off that would have done it for me.

I just feel Hank's death wasn't enough, maybe I am just dark when it comes to crimes leading to innocent character death's in fiction? I think they just needed to kill one more as a result of his actions, and that would have been good. Marie and Skyler would have been the most likely targets, as in they could have killed Marie in the process of stealing the video back, or they could have killed Skyler to keep her from talking, and they had every reason to at that point pretty much.

But even if you are going to let Skyler live, she doesn't even go to real prison, away from her kids. She still gets to live with them in a house, which made me think the writers just needed to be more bold and perhaps kill off Marie, and have Skyler go to real prison I think.

I guess my standards were just set real high, cause the show hit such high before the last two episodes that I was expecting a no holds barred ending, that goes more dark, since the rest of the show leading up to it, was no holds barred I felt.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:57 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I just feel Hank's death wasn't enough, maybe I am just dark when it comes to crimes leading to innocent character death's in fiction? I think they just needed to kill one more as a result of his actions, and that would have been good. Marie and Skyler would have been the most likely targets, as in they could have killed Marie in the process of stealing the video back, or they could have killed Skyler to keep her from talking, and they had every reason to at that point pretty much.

But even if you are going to let Skyler live, she doesn't even go to real prison, away from her kids. She still gets to live with them in a house, which made me think the writers just needed to be more bold and perhaps kill off Marie, and have Skyler go to real prison I think.

Just to clear this part up.. Todd was no question the reason that Skylar wasn't killed. I think we can pretty much bet on that. Jack was very respectful of Todd and.. I don't want to say bowed to him often, but certainly let him have his way in certain things.

The relationship with Lydia, giving Walt a barrel of his money.. At the very end, when Walt came back, you could see that Todd was almost apologetic because he knew he couldn't talk his uncle out of killing Walt.

It would have been smarter for Jack's crew to kill Skylar.. Why take the chance? But Todd had so much respect for Walt that he didn't want that to happen and while I can't recall any dialog pointing to this specifically.. There's no question that Todd prevented her killing. And we know that Todd had no qualms about killing.. See Drew Sharp and Jesse's girlfriend to prove that point.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:30 PM

Yeah I know Todd prevented it out of respect, I just thought that Jack would have overridden Todd on this. Plus if Jack did override Todd and they killed Skyler, it would have been more dramatic.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:50 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Nope. Perfect. My only 'complaint' was that to have a perfect ending, it was predictable. I knew who would die and who wouldn't, that Jesse would get away, etc. The details were still fun, and those I could not predict.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
As others have said... the absolute best ending of any series I've watched.

I would not change a thing. Not. One. Thing.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:40 PM

Oh okay, I think the changes I would have made were for perhaps Marie to get killed while the gang goes to get the video, and then of course everyone thinks Walt arranged that as well. Then for Skyler to go to a real prison away from the kids rather than living in a house with them, and for Andrea to live, so when Jesse is freed, him and Andrea, and Brock can go live in Alaska afterward.

Or maybe I would have them kill Skyler instead of Marie... tough call.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:07 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
I guess my standards were just set real high, cause the show hit such high before the last two episodes that I was expecting a no holds barred ending, that goes more dark, since the rest of the show leading up to it, was no holds barred I felt.
I get that you wanted a different ending, with all sorts of characters being killed. But I take offense at your statement I've bolded above.

This makes it seem like those of us who are happy have lower standards. Just because you wanted a different ending than 100% of the people who have replied in this thread (that you started), doesn't mean we have lower standards.

We liked it, we loved it, it's over. And my standards were amply met.

While you're debating which character should be killed, we're happy to remember one of the greatest series of all times, with a great finale.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:37 PM

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to imply that everyone else who liked it had lower standards, I just meant that I was expecting something more tragic I guess. I meant that show's one bar was set real high up until the end, didn't mean to imply that everyone had low bars. I do think the show was really great over all and still really enjoyed it.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to imply that everyone else who liked it had lower standards, I just meant that I was expecting something more tragic I guess. I meant that show's one bar was set real high up until the end, didn't mean to imply that everyone had low bars. I do think the show was really great over all and still really enjoyed it.
I might understand what you meant. There were no surprises, except in the detail. But at the time, I thought, and still do, that for a perfect ending, there couldn't be any. Part of perfect means what we the audience think should happen.

Surprise, Jesse gets killed. F that, I would have been mad. I knew Walt would not let that happen and was happy for that to be predictable. Surprise! They off Skylar for no reason, leaving the kids all alone. F that. Life already sucks for her. Sitting in that tiny house, chain smoking cigarettes. It's dreadful.

We (most of us) wanted things to end up in a certain way and they did. Forsaking the drama/intensity of major twists/surprises is a very small price to pay. (to me).

The detail on how he would accomplish it all was awesome. I liked Marie saying 'He isn't the criminal mastermind he thinks he is'. Oh no? Are you sure about that? LOL!

How he organized for those people to believe that thugs would be watching them FOREVER was AWESOME.

Where you lose me is wanting things more tragic. I think everything was tragic enough. I enjoyed it going out on sort of a high note. Jesse racing away all WOO HOO! Being my biggest smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV