Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 09:35 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,819,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
1. I thought it was one of the most perfect TV series and finales in history.

2. I cannot see any way they could have improved it.

3. Though, I'm sure some folks will say that they would have paid to see Walt Jr killed.
1. Yes.

2. Yup.

3. Hell, yeah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 10:03 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
While I disagree with the finale not able to be better, I will gladly agree the overall series was perfect in every way... Except for Skylar. She was whining and crying a little bit too much for me. Too much of a one dimensional nagging character.
Maybe if you were married to someone like Walter White, you'd be whining and crying too! I'll agree, though, that I didn't exactly like her character.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:20 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,072,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Maybe if you were married to someone like Walter White, you'd be whining and crying too! I'll agree, though, that I didn't exactly like her character.
I'm a man and if Walter White were a woman and I were married to her, I would probably be whining and crying as well.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:53 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
It was sad how Walter could've just as easily been insanely rich had he stayed a partner/founder of that drug company.
One of the reasons I disliked Jesse so much. Walt destroyed the perfect opportunity to save Jesse's ass.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:06 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,819,117 times
I'm a woman, and WW would have thought Gus was a soccer mom compared to me in that situation!
Actually, I found Skyler's behavior very understandable, if not wimpy... but I'm a NYC Italian.

BB is my most favorite series ever.
It flirted with perfection.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:48 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I'm a man and if Walter White were a woman and I were married to her, I would probably be whining and crying as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I thought Walter was a very solid father for his circumstances (outside the drug dealing).

I mean, he did choose to stay married even after skyler cheated on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
One of the reasons I disliked Jesse so much. Walt destroyed the perfect opportunity to save Jesse's ass.
Refresh my memory on this one please. I thought Walter was already removed from partnership/founding of his lucrative drug company by the time he was a science teacher for Jesse

Old 06-13-2018, 11:54 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
BB is my most favorite series ever.
It flirted with perfection.
I remember being hooked immediately after the first or second episode.

When Walter created mustard gas for the gangsters to incapacitate them in his mobile home meth lab, it was one of the most ingenious and funniest things I ever saw on a TV show at the time.

Further on down, when Gus killed Don and all his "henchmen" from a poisoned drink, that was another memorable scene for me

Old 06-14-2018, 06:56 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,757 times
Quote:
I thought Walter was a very solid father for his circumstances (outside the drug dealing).

I mean, he did choose to stay married even after skyler cheated on him.
I think one of the things that made Walt and Skyler's relationship so interesting is that, with all of the sh!te that was happening around - and to - them, it was inevitable that they would both wind up hurting one another immensely. What shone through the cracks of their shattered world though, was their love for each other, even during those times when it appeared to turn to hatred. (To me) Skyler loathed what Walt had done to them, and she attempted to get back at him by evoking an equal amount of pain. Yet at the end of the day, you could see it in their eyes, the very last time they saw one another...the love was still there, even though the relationship was dead.

Quote:
When Walter created mustard gas for the gangsters to incapacitate them in his mobile home meth lab, it was one of the most ingenious and funniest things I ever saw on a TV show at the time.
Agreed, that was both ingenious and hilarious! One of the things that I think made Breaking Bad so strong was not only the amazing storyline, with it's intricate twists and turns, but also the often dark humour that was interspersed throughout. One of my favourite scenes was early on, when Jesse is attempting to dispose of Emilio, and instead of using a plastic container to dissolve the body (as per Walt's explicit instructions), he decides instead to use the bathtub. The entire scene, with the slow drips from the ceiling, to the entire collapse, and Walt's exasperated response, was perfect:

"Hydrofluoric acid won't eat through plastic. It will, however, dissolve metal, rock, glass, ceramic. So there's that."

And I shall never again call a barn just a barn. To me, it will always be a cow house.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:31 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Refresh my memory on this one please. I thought Walter was already removed from partnership/founding of his lucrative drug company by the time he was a science teacher for Jesse

Well before.

This is something that.. If you want to nitpick.. We never really got the whole story behind the Walt/Gretchen/Elliott situation.

We know they were dating/together and when they broke up, Walt left and sold his part of Gray Matter.. We don't know what the cause of that breakup was, though. We know she winds up with Elliott who was also one of the founding partners.. Did she leave Walt for Elliott?

That's something I would have preferred be explained, but the fact that it wasn't is rather minor.

The fact that Skylar knows and seems to be decently friendly with Elliott and Gretchen.. Not sure about this.. It appears that she is the "Wife of a friend" type acquaintance. I don't think she knew Elliott and Gretchen before meeting Walt. But, that also means that Walt remained in touch enough with Elliott and Gretchen for her to at least know them somewhat. Perhaps just by attending their wedding or something. I could see that.. Walt invited to the wedding, brings Skylar.. It seems Skylar has about that level of relationship with E&G.. She's met them at a few functions, but that is about it.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:33 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
I must have misunderstood. I thought that person was talking about Walt working for Fring in the drug lab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV