Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 08:03 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

I want to be on House Hunters, just so I can say "Oh, Lord, no, not an open floor plan! I hate them!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Make fun. But my giant closet is really, really nice to have.
And I am not even a clothes horse.
Hey, I'd make fun but the truth is I have one of those houses with humongous closets, too. And what's worse--I have a fancy master bathroom with double sinks and (oh the horrors) a big heart shaped jacuzzi tub. And yes, I love the double sinks. And love my jacuzzi tub too. So shoot me.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:03 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I want to be on House Hunters, just so I can say "Oh, Lord, no, not an open floor plan! I hate them!"
I think about that too; what I would be like if I were on House Hunters.

Tracy, a single woman, is shopping for a home in her very realistic price range of $200,000, and will not spend a penny over that, even though she's pre-approved for much more. But she has some "must-haves" that may be difficult to accommodate.

"I can't stand open floor plans. I want rooms. Separate rooms, preferably with some sort of door in between. I also don't want high, cathedral ceilings, because I really don't want to heat and cool space 20 feet above my head, that I'll never actually be in."

Tracy goes on about her strict requirements for her dream home:

"I don't give a flying rat's a$$ about what paint color is on the walls, or if the carpet is terrible, because I'll be changing that myself anyway. And if the appliances and countertops are not to my liking, I'll just deal with that and change them out later."

Tracy's realtor Bob, isn't sure he'll be able to find a house that meets all of her requirements, in her price range:

"I don't believe in designated rooms for every life activity. I don't want a game room, home theater room, crafting room, guest room, home office, man-cave, chick-cave, or scrapbooking room. I actually do all kinds of things in all my rooms. I don't really care about the number of bedrooms, as long as I have enough space for my stuff (which is nicely organized and not overwhelming), my animals, and me. Sure 1500 square feet is great, but I'd be fine with 1200. Anything bigger would just be stupid for me."

"I like having at least 2 bathrooms, mostly because I don't want to go up stairs or down stairs every time I have to pee, which is often. But I don't want more than 1.5 or 2 bathrooms, because I really don't want to clean that many bathrooms."

"I don't give a flip if I'm in a walkable neighborhood, or within walking distance to shops and restaurants, because A.) I own a thing called a car, and B.) If it's a neighborhood I feel is walkable, then other people will too, and I don't really care to look outside and constantly see a bunch of other people walking around in front of my house."

"Don't show me houses with great 'entertaining' space, because I hate entertaining. My home is my haven, and I mostly keep others out of it. I don't want a garage. I want a basement, but it doesn't have to be a finished basement, just something below the ground. Cinder blocks and cement floor are fine."

Bob shows Tracy a home even though it doesn't exactly tick all her boxes...

"What the hell is this? Dual sinks in the bathroom! What, so I can clean two sinks instead of one? So my cat can have a choice of two places to curl up and get hair in the drains? What is this--2,000 square feet? Am I supposed to get a riding vacuum cleaner? Granite schmanite, I'm not going over my budget for a slab of rock. Two car garage? Now I'll have to go out and accumulate a bunch of crap to fill them both up. HOA? Are you freaking' kidding me!?!"

Old 11-07-2013, 12:02 PM

455 posts, read 598,356 times
^^^^
Hilarious Tracy

Old 11-07-2013, 01:05 PM

758 posts, read 1,640,214 times
Spot on Tracy!!!

Old 11-07-2013, 04:00 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Wow...that would be SO MUCH BETTER if we had "Realistic Tracy" on the show. I want a place for my stuff but I need a garage...Texas homes don't generally have basements...but other than that, I'm with you 100%. Cheese and rice when did all these little homebuyers get so, so...entitled? Picky for no reason? I mean, picky with good reason is so much better.

I remember when I bought my house...it was a measly 1500 sq. ft. The horror. My mother asked "is that all"? My husband and I realized we always seem to utilize the same 500 sq. ft. anyway...hmmm...

Old 11-07-2013, 04:12 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
I would pay good money to see that.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:13 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,398,227 times
It's a tv show, folks. Don't confuse reality tv with actual reality. They make the people seem extra ridiculous on purpose just for entertainment value. It's this generation's version of Price is Right contestants jumping up and down. But yeah, I also hate open concept houses with 20 foot ceilings. Feels like you're in a big circus tent. I will admit that I'm a little annoyed by how flexible they are with budgeting on the show. Granted there is a little bit of wiggle room due to negotiating, but not a huge amount. In the real world, you don't even look at houses that are 25% above your budget. That's the whole point of having a budget!

Old 11-07-2013, 08:16 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I think about that too; what I would be like if I were on House Hunters.

Tracy, a single woman, is shopping for a home in her very realistic price range of $200,000, and will not spend a penny over that, even though she's pre-approved for much more. But she has some "must-haves" that may be difficult to accommodate.

"I can't stand open floor plans. I want rooms. Separate rooms, preferably with some sort of door in between. I also don't want high, cathedral ceilings, because I really don't want to heat and cool space 20 feet above my head, that I'll never actually be in."

Tracy goes on about her strict requirements for her dream home:

"I don't give a flying rat's a$$ about what paint color is on the walls, or if the carpet is terrible, because I'll be changing that myself anyway. And if the appliances and countertops are not to my liking, I'll just deal with that and change them out later."

Tracy's realtor Bob, isn't sure he'll be able to find a house that meets all of her requirements, in her price range:

"I don't believe in designated rooms for every life activity. I don't want a game room, home theater room, crafting room, guest room, home office, man-cave, chick-cave, or scrapbooking room. I actually do all kinds of things in all my rooms. I don't really care about the number of bedrooms, as long as I have enough space for my stuff (which is nicely organized and not overwhelming), my animals, and me. Sure 1500 square feet is great, but I'd be fine with 1200. Anything bigger would just be stupid for me."

"I like having at least 2 bathrooms, mostly because I don't want to go up stairs or down stairs every time I have to pee, which is often. But I don't want more than 1.5 or 2 bathrooms, because I really don't want to clean that many bathrooms."

"I don't give a flip if I'm in a walkable neighborhood, or within walking distance to shops and restaurants, because A.) I own a thing called a car, and B.) If it's a neighborhood I feel is walkable, then other people will too, and I don't really care to look outside and constantly see a bunch of other people walking around in front of my house."

"Don't show me houses with great 'entertaining' space, because I hate entertaining. My home is my haven, and I mostly keep others out of it. I don't want a garage. I want a basement, but it doesn't have to be a finished basement, just something below the ground. Cinder blocks and cement floor are fine."

Bob shows Tracy a home even though it doesn't exactly tick all her boxes...

"What the hell is this? Dual sinks in the bathroom! What, so I can clean two sinks instead of one? So my cat can have a choice of two places to curl up and get hair in the drains? What is this--2,000 square feet? Am I supposed to get a riding vacuum cleaner? Granite schmanite, I'm not going over my budget for a slab of rock. Two car garage? Now I'll have to go out and accumulate a bunch of crap to fill them both up. HOA? Are you freaking' kidding me!?!"

OMG, this is so good, I could actually hear the voice narrating.

a little sad, but this really was the first thing that came to my mind.

dual sinks!!! hard enough I am a widower, must I be reminded everything I brush my teeth, to see an empty space next to me.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:18 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:

and you will be holding my hand saying: right hunny?

as we gaze into each others eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV