Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 02:55 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,750,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Bumping this back to page one so we kind find it quickly after watching tonight's episode! I am ready for my Survivor fix thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 08:24 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Last night's episode was an instant classic for Survivor! Randy was getting awful and desperate--he HAD to go. Thank god it played out so well last night. I was really impressed with how Bob has revved his play up a few notches in the past couple of episodes--he's doing what he can to not get voted off!!
As to how the game will continue to play out, I think the preview for the next episode just shows Bob telling Corinne a lie to cover why he gave the fake idol to Randy. He's gotta make up a lie so she won't absolutely hate him--for the sake of a jury vote in the future. As for Bob being able to stick around--well, the only things he has are to 1. win immunity 2. rally Sugar and/or Susie or Matty to his side somehow for an alliance against someone else.
Here is one scenario:
next episode voted out: Corinne
next voted out: Bob
That leaves Matty, Crystal, Kenny, Susie, and Sugar.
Matty is the favorite to win immunity, as-is Kenny. If either one has immunity in this group, I think Susie would be first to go.

If they were angling a way to get Sugar to play her idol, they should vote out Corinne next show, then vote Sugar the next, and then Bob would go. Sugar would have to play her idol to stay in the game. That would leave Sugar in the top 5, but then she could be voted out next episode if she didn't win immunity....they have to get her to play that idol...I think Crystal/Kenny/Matty look like a strong possibility to go top 3.
Your post had about the best summation of the future of survivor from the last few pages so I will respond to it.

I thought the Randy fake idol episode was strategically wastefull, useless, and mean-spirited. I just missed the point - he was going to be voted out anyways. I think it was pointless for Bob and he made a huge tactical mistake - revealing info to Sugar without getting any in return (he could have used the fake idol in other ways, who was to say that there was only one hidden idol?) and I don't see it changing the order he will be voted out, other events will influence that, and it was useless for Sugar as well as the only point was to inflict humilation. But for Randy himself, if I were him I would just shrug my shoulders and just think "well it was worth a try, I didn't have anything to lose."

Now what should happen is Sugar using the influence of her own idol to get rid of Kenny and Crystal, forming an alliance with Matty and Suzie and Bob. But that won't happen, she's not a player. Actually there are no players left except for Kenny and, slightly Crystal. The rest are followers, sheep. Corrine can be cuthroat as well but at this point she has no power left and not many options.

So tonight's episode will be predictable - Corrine will be voted off. After that it gets fuzzy. I predict Kenny and Crystal will want Matty off for being a risk at the challenges. They don't seem to care about Sugar's immunity idol. Sugar, Suzie, etc, being sheep, will vote with Kenny and Crystal. After that Kenny and Crystal's decision will be who to bring to the final three, the least likable person. I suspect that will be Suzie because she is seen as the traitor. They will have to blindside Sugar somehow, which won't be tough. Bob may stick around to final 4 or 5 to use as a pawn and a vote.

So I predict the final three being Kenny, Crystal, and Suzie. With Kenny winning the $1 million, as he should.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:01 PM

10,074 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Your post had about the best summation of the future of survivor from the last few pages so I will respond to it.

I thought the Randy fake idol episode was strategically wastefull, useless, and mean-spirited. I just missed the point - he was going to be voted out anyways. I think it was pointless for Bob and he made a huge tactical mistake - revealing info to Sugar without getting any in return (he could have used the fake idol in other ways, who was to say that there was only one hidden idol?) and I don't see it changing the order he will be voted out, other events will influence that, and it was useless for Sugar as well as the only point was to inflict humilation. But for Randy himself, if I were him I would just shrug my shoulders and just think "well it was worth a try, I didn't have anything to lose."

Now what should happen is Sugar using the influence of her own idol to get rid of Kenny and Crystal, forming an alliance with Matty and Suzie and Bob. But that won't happen, she's not a player. Actually there are no players left except for Kenny and, slightly Crystal. The rest are followers, sheep. Corrine can be cuthroat as well but at this point she has no power left and not many options.

So tonight's episode will be predictable - Corrine will be voted off. After that it gets fuzzy. I predict Kenny and Crystal will want Matty off for being a risk at the challenges. They don't seem to care about Sugar's immunity idol. Sugar, Suzie, etc, being sheep, will vote with Kenny and Crystal. After that Kenny and Crystal's decision will be who to bring to the final three, the least likable person. I suspect that will be Suzie because she is seen as the traitor. They will have to blindside Sugar somehow, which won't be tough. Bob may stick around to final 4 or 5 to use as a pawn and a vote.

So I predict the final three being Kenny, Crystal, and Suzie. With Kenny winning the $1 million, as he should.
Good points. I too think Susie would be a better choice to take to the top 3, since she is not as well-liked by the jury. But, will they really play that way? Kenny has really revved up his game the past 3 or 4 episodes. Crystal is always thinking, strategizing, and maneuvering, but they better get Sugar to play her idol, or Sugar will go final 3, for sure. If Sugar goes final 3, she has the best chance to win it--IF she still has the idol.
They'd be really stupid to not flush out that idol in the next couple of episodes. They need to get rid of Corinne ASAP--since she's a snake and is dangerous in that she will do anything to get people to rally around her. It probably wouldn't happen, but she needs to go.
Next, they should make Sugar flush out that idol, by voting for her. Then, Bob would probably go. That leaves the final 5 of Sugar, Matty, Susie, Crystal, and Kenny--and when things get tricky.
I think Kenny and Crystal are locked tight. Susie will 90% stick with them. Matty is like 75% solid...Sugar's the wildcard.
It should be interesting...

Old 12-04-2008, 12:04 PM

10,074 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Bumping this back to page one so we kind find it quickly after watching tonight's episode! I am ready for my Survivor fix thank you very much.
Yeah, you and me BOTH! I am loving these past few episodes!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:18 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,705 times
It should be a highly charged episode tonight with Corrine still around. I don't think the whole "fake idol" thing was mean spirited at all. Randy wasn't very nice to anyone at camp so I call it poetic justice. Plus, it kept Corrine and Randy from trying to sway some other voters (like susie)

Who knows how it really played out anyway, the show has a funny way of editing to make things look different than they really were.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:36 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Next, they should make Sugar flush out that idol, by voting for her. Then, Bob would probably go. That leaves the final 5 of Sugar, Matty, Susie, Crystal, and Kenny--and when things get tricky.
I think Kenny and Crystal are locked tight. Susie will 90% stick with them. Matty is like 75% solid...Sugar's the wildcard.
It should be interesting...
They should flush out that idol, but strangely Kenny and Crystal don't seem much concerned about the idol right now. Maybe bacause they see her as being on their team. But I agree the idol issue will come up soon. Suzie, Matty, and Sugar are ALL unpredicable wild cards. They are all easily swayed, easy to manipulate. Sugar particularly. But the thing is, they need a "player", a leader, to spark them. I just don't see any yet that will do that. Bob is smart but doesn't seem an aggressive player. If Corrine were more likable she could do it, but she already burned her bridges...unless she uses Bob as a surragate to play on Sugar's mind (which is what I would do).

Old 12-04-2008, 06:53 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,828 times
ohmygod real quick

kenny is much smarter than he seems

where the hell is bob getting all this crap to make all these fake idols

reading the votes gottago

Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,828 times
Quote:
they better get Sugar to play her idol, or Sugar will go final 3, for sure. If Sugar goes final 3, she has the best chance to win it--IF she still has the idol.
They'd be really stupid to not flush out that idol in the next couple of episodes..
for some reason I was thinking they could not use the idol past the top four----am I remembering something wrong from one of the past seasons?

Kenny has really upped his game, but now Matty will be harder to blindside in a future epi because of the 4 votes cast against him.

Kenny and Crystal both shoud have voted Corrinne, because the point of a couple voting for Matty was in case Corrinne did have the idol, they would flush it out and take out matty. So they would have only needed 2 votes to out matty if Corrinne actually had the idol.

Now that Kenny voted for Matty, he knows that one of his "five" voted against him and he is going to be way more paranoid and way more on his game.

Good for Krystal to vote Corrinne. I just think that she is way too sneaky to be there.

Bob is really upping his game here ,, I am glad to see him stick around and although Sugar is my favorite I just like the guy so much, he is so smart, tough, and truly nice. But for strategy they better get rid of him because if it comes down to it he is going to be the one to get the million because he's only pissed randy off.......

But I am most surprised at kenny. Not just following Corrinne and Bob's plan and go for Matty, well that was pure genius....... He found a way to kind of go with them, but also get rid of the supposed "idol" at the same time. I just think he should have voted Corrinne because at some point they better get rid of Matty because he is not only a physical threat but also hasn't pissed off a lot of people, and now that he voted Matty he's got Matty on guard.....

GREAT show. This season has been unbelievable with the lying, blindsiding, fake idols, scheming and plotting. I don't remember any being this unpredictable. (Yeah, we knew Corrine or Bob was going to go, but really w/the story they tried to pulll we really ddint know till the end)

And go Bob for wiinning immunity and saving his butt!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:17 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
ohmygod real quick

kenny is much smarter than he seems

where the hell is bob getting all this crap to make all these fake idols

reading the votes gottago
LOL!

I loved when Bob said he was worse than a raven and was always collecting stuff. This was such a good episode. I totally disagree about the Randy idol thing being useless. Honestly, this has been one of the best seasons in my opinion. The nasty hateful people have been sent packing and although I hope that Bob or Sugar win in the end. I won't mind if anyone else does either. I think that Sugar, Kenny, Bob and even Crystal have played a great game. Maybe not the in your face game that some players in the past have played, but they've pulled it together when it was needed. I was glad to see that Crystal was thinking ahead and decided that Corinne was trying to pull a fast one. I really couldn't stand to hear her go on about how nice she is to people she likes or how she hates everyone she's with or how stupid the other players are, yada yada yada. Ding dong the witch is gone.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,849 times
So, big tough king rat mastermind Kenny got taken by skinny Bob and nasty Corinne - tooooo funny. Krystal was really smart voting for Corinne, cause now Matty is going after Kenny and she can just play dumb. All Bob has to do is win immunity next week and Kenny is gone!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV