Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 05:12 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times

Advertisements

tamiznluv I am sure you are right about Jeff's thinking but just trying to keep it PG 13. Sorry no pink fuzzy bunny slippers but my oldest might have cabbaged onto to them to give to one of his too many girlies. I'll ask when I see him.

We are going into some friend's house this weekend that have DSL so I am going to re-watch tribal council online in there. Can I save it to a DVD to play here at home later????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 05:23 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
[quote=Jaxson;6261342]tamiznluv I am sure you are right about Jeff's thinking but just trying to keep it PG 13. Sorry no pink fuzzy bunny slippers but my oldest might have cabbaged onto to them to give to one of his too many girlies. I'll ask when I see him.

We are going into some friend's house this weekend that have DSL so I am going to re-watch tribal council online in there. Can I save it to a DVD to play here at home later????[/quote]

I knew that, Jax! I was just funnin' with ya! Ahhh, the slippers are lost to me now! Your DSL can give them to whomever his little heart desires to make his brownie points!!!

LOL you are asking the wrong person about that!!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:52 PM

Trust me DS doesn't need any more brownie points he needs less girls! Grrrrrr Scares me about my youngest getting older and dating because I don't want her being as stupid as these girls my DS is playing. I tell him whenever he comes here "son you were not raised this way you were raised to respect women". Know what he tells me? Mom if these girls are crazy to keep buying me stuff, coming to me when I call no matter what time it is, feed me, pay when we do go out then I am man enough to except it. Geesh they are giving girls a bad name in my book. Wouldn't be so bad but when any of these girls can't reach him they start calling me looking for them. I won't let him even use our house phone now without dialing *67 so his fillies don't get my number. Gee whiz they call here at 2am sometimes!

I knew you were funning about Jeff's thoughts.

I have been thinking tonight "what if" they did hide another idol and Bob found it?????????? Also I agree with other posters about it really is useless since it hasn't been played to save anybody needing saved really. The producers try to change things up so why not 2 idols????? Out wit!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:52 PM

10,073 posts, read 14,453,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
true but the idol is almost worthless at this point, because it seems like no one actually plays it when they need to. Has it actually saved anyone's a$$ yet (i have a terrible memory)? it seems like the one who has it always gets blindsided and doesn't even play the idol. Idiots! So what's it good for beyond people being EXTRA careful when they scheme behind your back when they are planning to vote you off, so that you suspect nothing and hold onto the idol?
Didn't one guy get voted off, when he had the idol, and I think it was the last round it could have been used anyway?
Yeah, I have no idea why the do not use their freakin' idols once they have them. It's crazy...Sugar almost gave hers up! She does make me nervous in that respect--I mean the girl is so unpredictable...that's the major thing with Sugar in this game. It could be the wild card that changes the game's outcome: her behavior and who she forms an alliance to...

Old 11-21-2008, 10:05 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Ummmm you saw I just had to come over to the computer at the beginning of the show to say how stupid Kenny letting Corrine buy the advantage for the next challenge didn't ya? My kids are like "mom your talking to a computer you know that right"? I just laughed and said "uh uh my Survivor friends will totally understand on this thread". So see I brought ya all into our living room now who left the beige blankey on the couch?

Have to admit Crystal getting loud while voting was pretty funny. Did ya all see Jeff's face after the auction when Randy handed him back his money? I think in his mind Jeff as saying "you are an arrogant selfish idiot that is fixin' to get your butt handed to you soon buddy". Randy must be an alcoholic with all the references about his drinking last night maybe that is why he is such a bear he is going through withdraws.
Jaxson!!!! All this time I was thinking you were a he!
Little did I know!

And I did notice that you were already on here when the show started.

Yes the kids do think we are crazy sometimes.

I was at a cub scout meeting until 7:50 when they wrapped it up and the first thing out of my mouth was hurry up kids if we get right outta here I can make it home in time for Survivor. Someone was like "you watch that show" I said yes, see ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Yeah, I have no idea why the do not use their freakin' idols once they have them. It's crazy...Sugar almost gave hers up! She does make me nervous in that respect--I mean the girl is so unpredictable...that's the major thing with Sugar in this game. It could be the wild card that changes the game's outcome: her behavior and who she forms an alliance to...
You would think they would learn from the past. One after another after another.

Sugar, i know I really thought she was giving that idol to Ace. Good thing that she didn't. he would have taken her as far as he could then dumped her in the end because she obviously would get the money before him.

If Sugar makes it to the end, Randy is going to be the biggest Ahole the jury has ever seen.

I've got to get on CBS and see if they put up any Ponderosa footage of Marcus and Charlie yet. LOL. That's going to be funny!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:18 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I was at a cub scout meeting until 7:50 when they wrapped it up and the first thing out of my mouth was hurry up kids if we get right outta here I can make it home in time for Survivor. Someone was like "you watch that show" I said yes, see ya!
I skipped a den meeting Thursday night because it didn't start until 7 and it was popcorn sales and would have gone on forever and ever. I had forgotten about the meeting until I drove by on my way home from work and saw all the cars. I scooted down in my seat so no one would see me as I drove by and didn't mention it to ds. I'm sure my name is being removed from the Mother of the Year award list right now!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:34 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I skipped a den meeting Thursday night because it didn't start until 7 and it was popcorn sales and would have gone on forever and ever. I had forgotten about the meeting until I drove by on my way home from work and saw all the cars. I scooted down in my seat so no one would see me as I drove by and didn't mention it to ds. I'm sure my name is being removed from the Mother of the Year award list right now!
LOL that is hilarious. Right after I remembered we could make it for survivor, i realized that I was partially in charge of the food drive we did, and was supposed to be one of 3 vehicles taking it all to the church. Luckily, by the time I weasled out of a last minute conversation, they had loaded it all (which wasn't much, unfortunately) into the other two cars. So i only had to get mine out of my car, throw it into another one, and scoot. In the nick of time.

Did you sell that popcorn btw? I just couldn't do it. $ 40 was too much. Even the regular microwave stuff was too expensive...

Old 11-21-2008, 10:45 PM

Woo hoo for the great escape!

I didn't even attempt to sell the popcorn or the dining cards at this time of year and the economy the way it is. He's a Wolf Scout so it's not like he really needs the money in his account and we pay weekly dues. Maybe when he's older I will try to do more with the fundraiser, but not right now. I have enough just keeping up with all of the PTA stuff going on at his school - cookie dough, walk-a-thons, gift wrap, magazine subscriptions etc, etc. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 PM

[quote=mommytotwo;6264945]Jaxson!!!! All this time I was thinking you were a he! Little did I know![quote]

Cool! I was on a local forum a couple of years ago about 20 of us decided to meet in person after posting for about a year. We had to figure out who was what screen name I guessed a few of them but nobody guessed mine. Then when they finally started talking about how Jaxson wasn't there and it was his idea to meet up they were starting to get ticked. I just sat there listening none of them were saying anything really mean about me. When I finally told them who I was 2 guys started busting out laughing. They had bets with each other that I was a black man!!! Can't be too careful on the Internet you know. But in all fairness to you I have just recently started identifying my gender on CD and I have been here over a year.

I so wish I could view the ponderosa might have to do that when we go into our friend's house this weekend.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I'm not sure if she's as unpredictable as she was a little smitten with Ace. And she did get sent to exile island every time she turned around so she wasn't around for a lot of tribal discussions or drama. She probably felt out of the loop a lot. She didn't like Randy from the beginning and she didn't change her mind about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV