Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 PM

10,082 posts, read 14,458,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
My husband always says they should have "survivor antartica". It will never happen because then they couldn't run around half nekkid!
THAT would be interesting...of course, what the hell would they eat?? They'd have to fish...probably too much of a chance people would starve and freeze to death...

I think a good concept would be a survivor in an inner city. Drop off the "survivors" in a bad neighborhood, where they would start with "x" amount of money and would have to find a place to live together and survive without being able to get a job. That'd be pretty cool to watch, I think. or not....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 02:28 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I think a good concept would be a survivor in an inner city. Drop off the "survivors" in a bad neighborhood, where they would start with "x" amount of money and would have to find a place to live together and survive without being able to get a job. That'd be pretty cool to watch, I think. or not....lol.
That's not survivor, that is reality for many Americans lately. Half a million people lost their jobs just last month.

I hope our pres-elect will help get this country back on track - until then, no one wants to be reminded of the hard realities of what's here at home - we want to fantasize about idyllic far-off tropical places and watch people we don't know racing around colorful sets and making snarky comments about each other behind their backs.

I think with the economic crisis we are facing, more and more people will turn to watching idealized reality shows to help them escape the reality of their own hard knocks lives.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:32 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,682,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I just saw an advertisement for Survivor on CBS--it said Thursday night had an episode, of course, then Sunday is the finale!! Wow--how is that possible?? I guess they'll do a 2 hour episode on Sunday? So Tomorrow night eliminates 1 person? Then Sunday has to eliminate 4...? Is that normal?
Thanks so much for letting us know. I hadn't realized the "golden week of survivor" had arrived already, as it's called in my house.
DVR is set. Sweet!

Old 12-11-2008, 03:00 PM

10,082 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That's not survivor, that is reality for many Americans lately. Half a million people lost their jobs just last month.

I hope our pres-elect will help get this country back on track - until then, no one wants to be reminded of the hard realities of what's here at home - we want to fantasize about idyllic far-off tropical places and watch people we don't know racing around colorful sets and making snarky comments about each other behind their backs.

I think with the economic crisis we are facing, more and more people will turn to watching idealized reality shows to help them escape the reality of their own hard knocks lives.
yeah, good point. Too true for a lot of folks! They are living it!! Ouch. Hope we can make '09 a mending year--and much better one for most people (myself included).

Old 12-11-2008, 04:44 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
I was going to post that Sunday was the finale but you beat me to it, jjbradleynyc! I couldn't believe it was the end of the show either! It was a mere 2 1/2 months and I think they only had 15 contestants this time? Don't they usually have 18? I watch the 1st hour then jump over during commercials to see what people look like now. February is not very far away. *running and ducking from room*

Old 12-11-2008, 04:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Or we could do an urban setting using some of those housewives from those other reality shows. Now I would tune in to watch all those pampered women flounder. They wouldn't have a clue how to survive if you took away their credit cards, jewels, cars and gaited community.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:06 PM

347 posts, read 934,298 times
"And where will the next Season be held? Stay Tuned"

Brazil i believe. The first episode was dedicated to a cameraman that died during the filming of the next one

"My husband always says they should have "survivor antartica". It will never happen because then they couldn't run around half nekkid!"

That and people are lethargic when it is cold. Most likely they would just hole up. Alaska or Canada in the summer would be nice but still too cold

"It doesn't seem like this season and last season they have had to struggle as much with food"

Since Australia they has been a lot more food. Remember they traded shelter for food because they ran out. Elizabeth was losing her hair. That started the food auction reward challenge.

I didnt watch last season. I think part of the draw of Survivor is the "contestants" do not know each other.

"beginning at 3:15 central time with the Steelers @ Baltimore"
we dont get that round here...

Old 12-11-2008, 06:46 PM

I am so ticked right now! If Bob gets voted out I am going to be shouting where ya all here me!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:56 PM

Sweet the coat tail riding Crystal is gone! Kenny is next after him trying to pull a blind slide on Bob tonight he lost my leaning towards him winning.

Final 3 will be Bob, Matty and Sugar.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:26 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
Wow! I wasn't expecting Sugar to give the idol to Matty. I heart this season!

I was so excited when Bob won the reward that my kids thought I had lost my mind. LOL

Do you all think Sugar is sincere? She really seems like she has such a good heart to me. I was so happy that she wanted the good guy to win and saved Bob from a blindside!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV