Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 09:46 AM

10,078 posts, read 14,458,372 times

Advertisements

Just watched Thursday's show on DVR...wow is all I can say!!! What an episode. One of the best this season, and ranks high up there for ever status!

I think at this point Kenny is dead in the water, unless he gets immunity or can swing Susie and/or Bob to his side. So strange how his alliance fell apart! Now, Sugar, Bob, Matty are tight...plus Susie seems kind of tight with Matty. Sorry to see Crystal go. She was the underdog, and I was rooting for her. But, she fell apart in this episode.
I think if Bob goes to the final 2, he'll win no problem. He is the most-liked amongst everyone--except Kenny!! I am rooting for Sugar though. I think she has a huge heart and is so much fun! Not dumb at all like Corinne kept saying...revenge is awesome! As Corinne sits on the jury now, looking at Sugar with envy...lol.
Can't WAIT for tomorrow night's show. I'm a sucker for Survivor again this season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 10:22 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Why so hard on Kenny? Him wanting to blindside Bob is no worse than Ace or anyone else being blindsided. The only difference is everyone loves Bob. I love Bob. In fact, he's my first choice to win, but give Kenny a break for playing the game to win. I'll be thrilled if either one of them win. Actually, I'll be happy with whoever wins outside of Suzie.Lucy
Even though this is a game I think it says a lot about the person's character. I felt sorry for Kenny's team losing all the time and was pulling for them as under dogs. But Kenny started seeing the power he had in changing the game and became too bold in his words for me. When he wanted to so back on his word and throw Bob under the bus I was done with him. Is that being hard? I don't think so just keeping it real like I would in real life.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:27 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Even though this is a game I think it says a lot about the person's character. I felt sorry for Kenny's team losing all the time and was pulling for them as under dogs. But Kenny started seeing the power he had in changing the game and became too bold in his words for me. When he wanted to so back on his word and throw Bob under the bus I was done with him. Is that being hard? I don't think so just keeping it real like I would in real life.
Then what does that say about Bob for making Randy look like a (bigger) fool by giving him the fake idol? I'm sure this game is capable of bringing the worst in just about anybody. Don't get me wrong. I love Bob. But I can "respect" Kenny's move to throw Bob under the bus as a game play more than I can respect Bob purposely making Randy look like a fool. It made for good TV, but in real life I couldn't do that to anyone and I don't think Bob would either. It's too personal.

Last edited by ShinyHappyLucy; 12-13-2008 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Wasn't finished.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:34 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,681,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Just watched Thursday's show on DVR...wow is all I can say!!! What an episode. One of the best this season, and ranks high up there for ever status!

I think at this point Kenny is dead in the water, unless he gets immunity or can swing Susie and/or Bob to his side. So strange how his alliance fell apart! Now, Sugar, Bob, Matty are tight...plus Susie seems kind of tight with Matty. Sorry to see Crystal go. She was the underdog, and I was rooting for her. But, she fell apart in this episode.
I think if Bob goes to the final 2, he'll win no problem. He is the most-liked amongst everyone--except Kenny!! I am rooting for Sugar though. I think she has a huge heart and is so much fun! Not dumb at all like Corinne kept saying...revenge is awesome! As Corinne sits on the jury now, looking at Sugar with envy...lol.
Can't WAIT for tomorrow night's show. I'm a sucker for Survivor again this season!
Very well said! I agree with you 110 percent! I tried to rep you, but I need to give out more reps

Old 12-13-2008, 03:50 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Very well said! I agree with you 110 percent! I tried to rep you, but I need to give out more reps
I helped w/ the reps!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Then what does that say about Bob for making Randy look like a (bigger) fool by giving him the fake idol? I'm sure this game is capable of bringing the worst in just about anybody. Don't get me wrong. I love Bob. But I can "respect" Kenny's move to throw Bob under the bus as a game play more than I can respect Bob purposely making Randy look like a fool. It made for good TV, but in real life I couldn't do that to anyone and I don't think Bob would either. It's too personal.
True, true but I think Bob was talked into giving bozo Randy the idol it was a way to seem like he was helping him. Yes it was rotten but funny you have to admit as miserable as Randy made everybody. I suppose I identify with Bob's character more than Kenny maybe that is why I am less forgiving of Kenny???? I see too much in real life the good guys being thrown under a bus or cheated I guess I don't want to see it in Survivor. I know in the past it has been done as well to good guys but for some reason we have liked Bob since the very beginning. Even Bob's wife was classy when she said she liked how he smelled like camp fire. Other family members point out how they stink, which I am sure they do to high heaven, but I liked how she made a positive from it.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:01 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,644 times
Bob is a "good" guy and we've liked him from the beginning. Kenny isn't a bad guy. He's a nice guy who came in as an underdog and began to somewhat dominate the game. He got a bit cocky and started gunning for the physical threat that everyone loves. He's playing to win. If he weren't playing to win he would've been gone a long time ago. He knows he doesn't stand a chance sitting next to Bob in the end. The good news is for all the Kenny "haters" (quotes because I don't think anyone really hates him) is he probably shot himself in the foot last episode. If he makes it to the end it's because the others will feel they have a better shot at winning sitting next to him.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:53 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,750,026 times
Quote:
Bob is a "good" guy and we've liked him from the beginning. Kenny isn't a bad guy. He's a nice guy who came in as an underdog and began to somewhat dominate the game. He got a bit cocky and started gunning for the physical threat that everyone loves. He's playing to win. If he weren't playing to win he would've been gone a long time ago. He knows he doesn't stand a chance sitting next to Bob in the end. The good news is for all the Kenny "haters" (quotes because I don't think anyone really hates him) is he probably shot himself in the foot last episode. If he makes it to the end it's because the others will feel they have a better shot at winning sitting next to him.
Excellent assessment!

Old 12-14-2008, 03:28 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
I can't wait until tonight!!!!

Old 12-14-2008, 06:43 PM

We were getting ticked that it didn't start until 8:30p because the stupid football game ran over. Jeff did a good recap of the whole show at the start tonight though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV