Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times

Advertisements

I don't want to see anybody alone either I hope he finds a "love connection" some how through all this. Maybe not a romance love but some kind of love to have that human compassion of touch given to him. We all need that touch no matter what some might say.

MooksterL1 our family was talking about Susie might pull it off after hearing how much the jury seemed to hate all of them left really. We understand about feelings getting hurt but a lot of the jury seemed to forget they were lying, back stabbing just as much "in the game".

I am glad Jeff called Ace out on his fake accent! I don't give a rip if he spent 8 years in England the rest here now tell me which accent should be stronger? Good to see Crystal's medal but her friend was keeping it real telling her she sucked at the challenges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 11:13 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,828 times
Ok, I am posting, NOT having seen tonight's show.

This happened to me last season too, I didn't realize tonight was the last episode/final/reunion show. Dammit!!!! I missed last week's show. Of course, last season, when I went to cbs.com to watch the final show & reuinion, they just had the reunion, and not the final show. Hopefully they have both for me tomorrow.

So, I just watched last week's episode online, and the Ponderosa footage.

I'll see later how Corrinne behaves at the reunion, but I have to say that she appeared, in the Ponderosa footage to be the biggest b*tch. I am not kidding you, did anyone else see that? OMG, she is so shallow I would never guess her crappy personality ran that deep.

After Crystal got voted off, when she arrived at Ponderosa, they all gave her the silent treatment. Now, I realize they are all pissed at her (w/the exception of Charlie), but really, not to say anything was just cruel and uncalled for. Charlie even admitted that he did not even know her, felt like a 2 year old for ignoring her, and was ignoring her just because he thought his friends would not like him anymore if he talked to her. Some friends and some kind of idiot. He seems nice, but really, to treat someone cruelly because you are insecure in your friendships is just weak character.

About Crystal voted off, well, she really wasn't playing the game anyway. When kenny told her who to vote for and she said "whatever, as long as it isn't me", that is not playing the game. That is going along with someone else.

However, Maybe it would have been better to get rid of Kenny and I don't know why they didn't. No one would have given Crystal the million dollars so why not keep her around. Kenny on the other hand, is just as much a threat as anyone else for the million just for the fact that he has played such a conniving game.

Anyway, I realize I am 3 days late on this discussion, but after hosting 7 people displaced because of not having electricity due to the ice storm in Massachusetts for 3 days, I have NOT been able to get online to see my show (or post on CD:sh ocked:)....LOL.

I'll be back tomorrow and hopefully will be able to see the whole 14th episode, and the finale and reuinion or whatever was aired tonight, online.

Hope you all enjoyed the show!

Old 12-15-2008, 01:21 AM

Bummer mommytotwo I am sorry we spoiled it for you. I don't think I could have come into this thread if I hadn't watched yet but I would have been a bear to live with not knowing too. Corrine said at the reunion show she is a very outspoken hateful person and told the audience she liked being booed. Still don't think she is as hated as Johnny Fairplay though.

I can't get Ponderosa on my computer but my friends told me she was evil there and they really shunned Crystal.

Now that I am back to being calm did anybody else find it stupid of Kenny to keep saying Bob was not a man of his word for not giving him the necklace? That was a one time offer by Bob if Kenny needed that necklace at that tribal council to save him. Kenny took it as Bob would give it to him at any point in the game. Even my youngest picked up on that and yelled "stop being stupid it was a one time deal Kenny". What was Kenny going to do if Bob never won the necklace again? Blame Bob for not winning it to give to him?

Oh I thought that was a cheap shot by Susie telling the jury that Bob has a mean side because he yelled at her. She didn't need to keep talking about "what if" Bob you weren't going home how would you vote I don't think. I think if I was in Sugar's shoes I would have forced the tie to see who really deserved to be in the final 3 by fate too. That was a fair way to handle that when you had 2 people you didn't want to vote out either of don't you think?

Old 12-15-2008, 03:52 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
I totally agree with the way sugar played....I would have dumped Kenny instead of Motor Mouth too....who knew she could actually win something.

Kenny is a ...well...he just is.....

J'm gglad Bob won it....would have been happy of Sugar had.....would have been totally undeserved if Suzie [aka motor mouth] had won.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Oh completely forgot about the Kenny questioning of Bob. I mean WTF? He is seriously mad at Bob for not giving him the necklace? Kenny kept trying to manipulate Bob, and when Bob called him on it, Kenny acted like a three year old not getting his way. I really wanted to smack Kenny!

Old 12-15-2008, 06:30 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,849 times
I'm happy that Bob won!

I have to say that was lamest last tribal counsel I've ever seen. When Jeff asks you to tell the jury why you should win the $$ and Susie says, "because I tried", Bob says, "I didn't outwit or outplay you, but I did outlast you.", and then Sugar says, "I played a good social game". What the heck is that?

Here's what Susie should have said... "Yea, I played a quite game and flew under the radar, then when I needed to win a challenge - THE CHALLENGE - I won it, and that was my strategy and it payed off cause I'm sitting here and you're not!

Sugar should have said, "You all thought I was some idiot and I outplayed and outwitted everyone I needed to (then list every strategy that was her idea and how she got others to go along with it) then added, "I don't care if you like me or not, it's not about who was the nicest in the group." (maybe Randy would have respected that) I played you all and I wasn't even here half the time!

Bob - even though he won, but just barely... he should have said, "I am the best player in the game - I won 5 challenges in a row, I got all the threats out and even got Sugar to write Matty's name down in the end - that's why I deserve it!"

Now for Corrinne... what a nasty little girl. If I were Sugar, I would have walked up to her and punched her in the face right at tribal counsel - now that would have been a great tribal counsel!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,644 times
I'm pretty sure Bob said if Kenny didn't need the immunity necklace the first time he wouldn't give it to him but would if he needed it the following trip to tribal council. Not that it matters. Once he found out Kenny was trying to get rid of him he was right to call the deal off.

I loved Sugar at tribal council. It was nice to see someone not trying to suck up for votes for once.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 AM

10,083 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
YES, YES, YES BOB WINS! I am so happy we were screaming over here did ya hear us?????

IBrakeforTailgaters I agree she was evil but so was Randy. He couldn't even be original he had to pull a Crystal at the voting booth.

I can't believe Sugar didn't get one vote.
I can't believe Sugar didn't get one vote, either!!! Why did Crystal, Matty and Kenny vote Susie and not Sugar??? Maybe Sugar was a weird girl around camp...something the cameras could not pick up on? Interesting....I was rooting for Sugar all the way. Disappointing.

The fact that Susie almost won it was cool though! Had Randy given her his vote, or Sugar, it would have been very, very interesting. I think Sugar's snippy answer (although super honest) to Randy while he was questioning her, made him direct his vote to Bob. Bummer.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:05 AM

750 posts, read 1,435,076 times
Corrinne is a nasty peice of work, isn't she? Reminds me of the mean girls in high school. Apparently, she never progressed past that stage and is now portrays meanness as her real personality. Like that's a good thing. Personally, I'm really tired of people who say outrageously mean and hurtful things and then try to justify it as "being honest".

Corrinne's parents must be so proud. Particularly her father, if her comment to Sugar about her father's recent death is any indicator of how Corrinne will feel about her own father's demise. Oh wait.... she was just being honest. And she's got a superior education and a fabulous job, so her black heart is not important.

I'm happy Bob won.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:14 AM

Amy S in PBC I wish that is what the 3 had said!

Maybe Bob should have hired Sugar to be his "social" PR person because I watched him on the Early show and he sure doesn't talk much! Granted they flew him from LA to NY on a 5 hour flight but I would think he could come up with better replies when being interviewed. He was headed to work after this interview because he needed to give his students a test! Pffft I would be calling in retired!

He is taking his wife on a honeymoon they never had after 28 years of marriage back to Gabon how cool is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV