Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,828 times

Advertisements

Well, just finished watching all of it. Of course CBS didn't air the last two episodes, thankfully someone put them up on Youtube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Bummer mommytotwo I am sorry we spoiled it for you. I don't think I could have come into this thread if I hadn't watched yet but I would have been a bear to live with not knowing too.
Don't worry Jaxson, I was VERY VERY careful when I opened up this thread. I covered my eyes, found the Post reply button, said what I needed to say, and got off quick. None the wiser!!!lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Wow! I wasn't expecting Sugar to give the idol to Matty. I heart this season!
Do you all think Sugar is sincere? She really seems like she has such a good heart to me. I was so happy that she wanted the good guy to win and saved Bob from a blindside!
Yes, she might have had a better shot of winning if she made different choices. Don't know why she wanted Crystal to go first....., should have been Kenny.
Really though, Bob, Kenny and Matty all would have been tough to beat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
As HAPPY and thrilled that it was Crystal going last night, I really - really feel bad for her, back at Ponderosa. I can't view the video (won't load) but they are giving her the silent treatment and ignoring her.
As much as I wanted her gone, no one should be treaded as such in a game after all. These people, and I use that term lightly, Randy, Corrine and the other two, they are all scum of the earth.
Oh, I was so mad. How immature, they way they behaved at Ponderosa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I do feel bad for Crystal having to be with the other group now. That cannot be fun at all!! And I have to agree that she did have the funniest moment at Tribal Council ever. I hope we hear about that during the reunion show! I've thought about checking out Ponderosa, but I'm not sure I want to watch Randy and Corinne do or say ANYTHING ever again.
It was bad mooksterL1, but nothing compared to Corrinne and what she said to Sugar.

After seeing the Ponderosa footage, I didn't think Corrinne could get any worse. Was I ever wrong.
Quote:
MooksterL1 our family was talking about Susie might pull it off after hearing how much the jury seemed to hate all of them left really. We understand about feelings getting hurt but a lot of the jury seemed to forget they were lying, back stabbing just as much "in the game".
Exactly, what the hell, they want to play the game and backstab but the winner should have clean hands? Give me a break.
Quote:
Now that I am back to being calm did anybody else find it stupid of Kenny to keep saying Bob was not a man of his word for not giving him the necklace? That was a one time offer by Bob if Kenny needed that necklace at that tribal council to save him. Kenny took it as Bob would give it to him at any point in the game. Even my youngest picked up on that and yelled "stop being stupid it was a one time deal Kenny". What was Kenny going to do if Bob never won the necklace again? Blame Bob for not winning it to give to him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Oh completely forgot about the Kenny questioning of Bob. I mean WTF? He is seriously mad at Bob for not giving him the necklace? Kenny kept trying to manipulate Bob, and when Bob called him on it, Kenny acted like a three year old not getting his way. I really wanted to smack Kenny!
Yeah, not a man of his word. Bull$hit, when Bob found out Kenny was going to throw him under the bus, deals off. Duh! Kenny was just freaking out and talking stupid. Why would kenny expect bob to give him immunity so he could vote him off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I think Sugar's snippy answer (although super honest) to Randy while he was questioning her, made him direct his vote to Bob. Bummer.
You would think that since he is such a jerk he'd respect people being jerks to him. What he treats people like crap and thats ok but if they are not nice to him he wants revenge. why would ANYONE be nice to him if he's a jerk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Corrine could fall off the Earth and No one would care. What a HEARTLESS and Cruel Person. She makes Randy look like a Teddy Bear. I'm going to say here that I think she should keep an eye out for some weird Survivor Maniac out to revenge her actions, in todays world, anythings possible.

Bob is highly deserving of this award, however he should be giving Sugar a REALLY nice gift as SHE is the sole reason he was left in the game at all. She knew there was no way she'd have won against anyone and didn't even try. Sugar is a sweet heart and deserves better than what the show gave her, which was nothing. Bob would still have gotten the 100K if he'd have been voted off. The Million Dollars he now has he owes to Sugar for her Kindness and Friendship.
I cannot think of something mean enough to say to Corrinne. Obviously Sugar was going through some stuff. It appeared that no one stepped up to offer her counsel in her time of need. Yes she may have been a bit of a basket case, but being sent to exile island over and over and over again, instead of busying herself at camp probably didn't help her much. If I give one thing to Ace, he did keep Sugar company.
Yeah, bob does owe Sugar. And I respect what Sugar did by forcing the tie. Absolutely, though it would have been good of her to tell matty so he could go practice how to make fire like bob got to. He would have had a fair chance at it and he might not be as mad at her. when he asked her the worst thing she did i got the feeling that was the answer he was looking for.

Well, all done now, but I have to say chatting about the show with you all has been great fun!!!!!

Looking forward to Brazil!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 12:52 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,951 times
GM gave up Sponsorship of Survivor a while back. Back when survivor started it's season divided up by race. Upon closer inspection, GM has been hurting very badly and likely couldn't afford to keep it up anyways. They saw this as a way to escape.

Sugar being an actress will benefit somehow from this. Not quite sure how but she did say that she is being hounded by the Photo Journalists also known as Papperazzi. Just what any actress would hope for.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:26 PM

347 posts, read 934,298 times
"Every single vote that went to her should have gone to Sugar or Bob"

Susie deserved the votes just as much as Bob or Sugar. While a win by susie would not have been as popular as Bob, She actually made the move to vote out Marcus that kept her around. She played the game the best way she could, since she wasnt gonna win any challenges, just make sure you do a little more around camp than others and dont make waves.

I loved Bob questioning Kenny about why he felt like he would be voted off. I bet he has seen that many times from his students.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:56 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
plf86 can you expand on that scene? No idea how I missed it I am so upset!!!

I think Sugar voted off Crystal first because she knew Bob would go for it. To ask Bob to turn on Kenny after Bob promised the immunity idol to Kenny would be a bit to much. Sugar played her cards right IMO.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 PM

347 posts, read 934,298 times
it was after he told everyone he would get Bob to give it to him and he wanted everyone to tell bob they were voting Kenny. His lame attempt telling bob he was worried he was getting voted off. Bob asked him why he felt that way. Kenny just couldnt pull the lie off, wouldnt look bob in the eye.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:37 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Apparantly the crying/giggling routine of Sugar grew irratatingly old if you are living with her for weeks. Corrine blatantly stated that and even another surivivor hinted at that last night (the gay guy I think). It's hard to show that in the TV edit, but even watching it I grew tired of it. It works and is cute for a 22 year old, but not for a survivor that is almost 30 years old. She was not well liked, it's as simple as that...and again the Randy incident I suspect just turned people off.

Personally I would have rather had her get votes than Suzie, who played the game with about as much devotion as a piece of wood. Sugar made for good TV with her unpredictability. Randy and Corrine made for good TV as well, sometimes you have to cheer for the bad guys just because they make it fun to watch the show.

edit: I agree that Randy was marketing himself as this seasons "Omarosa" to continue his career for the new reality TV villian in future shows. Probably was competing with Corrine.
Sugar was in the game less than any other member I can remember because of going to exile so many times. They all should have forced her to play the idol a long time ago then I bet she wouldn't have made it to the end. She must of really gotten on people's nerves big time crying. But since the loss of her father was so recent to her doing the show she had to be still going through the mourning process no matter what her age is.

Yep the bad guys are needed in shows like these to keep the friction going for viewers to tune back in.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Guys I want to thank everybody for posting on this season of Survivor it has been fun talking with all of you. Hearing different views, seeing 'rivals' rooting for somebody I was not but still kept it friendly and all the virtual high fives we gave each other when a blind slide or great thing happened. Hope to see ya all back when the 18th season starts! Passing out Survivor reps and getting some back has been so much fun to me thank you all!

Now I can swear off network until then.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:33 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,681,135 times
The timing for the end of this season is bad for me. Last night was the finale and tonight, I just finished up finals (I'm in grad school). I have a few weeks to myself coming up and I won't have anything to watch because the shows I am hooked to are going through their finales...no fun!

I don't really have much to say that would add to this convo...y'all have said it all. I think that Sugar looked fierce last night though!

I think that Corinne has put her family, her sorority and the University of Florida to shame...who in the world would want their name associated with her after her cold-hearted words last night? And to show little remorse? How could you so blatantly talk about someone's deceased father like that? I rolled my eyes when she tried to justify herself for what she said. She meant what she said and she knew it...otherwise, those words never would've come out of her filthy mouth. One thing that she said that I will agree with--she was a wallflower for most of the game. I felt indifferent toward her for a while because she was so dull. She would've been best to keep her mouth shut though.

I agree with you all's assessment on Randy. Part of me feels bad for him. He really is a sad person. He's the type that would need some very intense counseling from a very patient professional in order to facilitate any type of change because he's got such a tough exterior.

I have to talk about my girl Crystal one more time...gosh, I'm gonna miss her! I don't know why I liked her so much, but I did! I'm glad that she could joke about her Olympic friends telling her she sucked...at least she didn't take it personally and her feelings weren't hurt!

I may have to move to Atlanta and make Marcus my physician...I'll stop with that before it gets X-rated in here, LOL! And while I'm talking about men, Dan can be my lawyer whenever he wants

I was floored to hear that "Sue" got so many votes. She didnt play much of a game, but she did win when she needed to. And Bob does owe Sugar. Did I say that Sugar looked fierce last night? LOL

I think that's all I have to say. Until Brazil, peace!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 AM

10,080 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Wonder what they would have done if it was a tie????

I agree that was weird Sugar didn't get one vote when home fans were rooting for her and the audience last night was all about her too. I knew Matty would vote for Susie because they played that clip last night about how he was the only one to tell her what was going on. Crystal and Kenny still have salt in their mouths that it was Sugar's swing voting that got them booted off.
I was wondering that same thing...another fire starting contest? lol...would have been interesting to see.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:37 AM

10,080 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Hey - I just realized something... they never gave a car as a reward this year, did they? The imfamous car that whoever wins it - loses Survivor - also the one that Yau-man gave to Dreamz and then he backstabbed him. Maybe that's why they don't give it anymore???
Yeah, right! Also, did they not have the "family reunion" episode? Where they bring in the family members to like the final 6 or 8 or so??? Or did I miss that episode???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV