Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 07:25 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I can't believe Sugar didn't get one vote, either!!! Why did Crystal, Matty and Kenny vote Susie and not Sugar??? Maybe Sugar was a weird girl around camp...something the cameras could not pick up on? Interesting....I was rooting for Sugar all the way. Disappointing.

The fact that Susie almost won it was cool though! Had Randy given her his vote, or Sugar, it would have been very, very interesting. I think Sugar's snippy answer (although super honest) to Randy while he was questioning her, made him direct his vote to Bob. Bummer.
Wonder what they would have done if it was a tie????

I agree that was weird Sugar didn't get one vote when home fans were rooting for her and the audience last night was all about her too. I knew Matty would vote for Susie because they played that clip last night about how he was the only one to tell her what was going on. Crystal and Kenny still have salt in their mouths that it was Sugar's swing voting that got them booted off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 07:45 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,356 times
I don't think Kenny seemed bitter or anything at the reunion. He realized his cockiness ruined it for him. Of course, I could've missed something and be completely wrong, lol.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:47 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,161,952 times
I found it pretty interesting at the live broadcast that Randy had a high IQ - even higher than Bob's. Obviously, he's got that Russell Crowe/A Beautiful Mind kinda thing going on where he's smart, but has no clue how to be in social situations. Also, Jeff said he applied 14 times to be on Surviror - I wonder why they finally picked him for Gabon?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:03 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I don't think Kenny seemed bitter or anything at the reunion. He realized his cockiness ruined it for him. Of course, I could've missed something and be completely wrong, lol.
No not at the reunion when they were still at tribal council you are right he appeared humbled at the reunion.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:16 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
True but Randy admits it, which means there's hope for him. At least I think there is. The fact that he'll admit it on national TV and openly admit he brought strangers with him almost seems like an odd cry for help. I seriously hope I'm right. I hate to see people hurting no matter how rotten they are.

It's funny when they talk to some of the first ones voted off. A few of them I can't remember at all.

I kind of feel the same way. I disliked Randy as much as everyone else did this season but after last night I really feel bad for him. He just seems like a really sad man. I think I read somewhere that his demeanor has something to do with the death of his dog so maybe that explains it. Some of us just prefer animals to humans and take their passing just as hard if not harder than our people friends. I totally think Randy falls in that camp. I hope he gets some help as nobody should be that sad no matter what kind of jerk they may be.

As for the good stuff? Yay Bob! Totally makes up for my Yao-Man not winning. Bob seems like an awesome guy and I totally want him to adopt me. He seems like the perfect dad. I too though am surprised by no votes for Sugar? I guess some of these folks really haven't watched the show before. Nothing against Suzie but there is no way that a game like this should be rewarded to her. Every single vote that went to her should have gone to Sugar or Bob. These people are idiots. And I so want to smack Corrine in the mouth. She reminds me of a girl I went to school with who had the same exact attitude and bullied me until one day I had enough and knocked her butt across the school field during PE. I never knew I had a left hook at age ten that Mike Tyson would have been envious of.

And once more, Yay Bob!!

Old 12-15-2008, 08:17 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
I found it pretty interesting at the live broadcast that Randy had a high IQ - even higher than Bob's. Obviously, he's got that Russell Crowe/A Beautiful Mind kinda thing going on where he's smart, but has no clue how to be in social situations. Also, Jeff said he applied 14 times to be on Surviror - I wonder why they finally picked him for Gabon?
Maybe so he'd quit bugging them? Plus, he is interesting, has an intersting background.

I think you're right on the money: Randy's socially awkward and I really didn't get the vibe from him that he was consciously going for the boring, done-to-death Omarosa Award, unlike another jury member (*cough* Corrinne *cough*).

Old 12-15-2008, 09:54 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I agree that was weird Sugar didn't get one vote when home fans were rooting for her and the audience last night was all about her too. I knew Matty would vote for Susie because they played that clip last night about how he was the only one to tell her what was going on. Crystal and Kenny still have salt in their mouths that it was Sugar's swing voting that got them booted off.
Apparantly the crying/giggling routine of Sugar grew irratatingly old if you are living with her for weeks. Corrine blatantly stated that and even another surivivor hinted at that last night (the gay guy I think). It's hard to show that in the TV edit, but even watching it I grew tired of it. It works and is cute for a 22 year old, but not for a survivor that is almost 30 years old. She was not well liked, it's as simple as that...and again the Randy incident I suspect just turned people off.

Personally I would have rather had her get votes than Suzie, who played the game with about as much devotion as a piece of wood. Sugar made for good TV with her unpredictability. Randy and Corrine made for good TV as well, sometimes you have to cheer for the bad guys just because they make it fun to watch the show.

edit: I agree that Randy was marketing himself as this seasons "Omarosa" to continue his career for the new reality TV villian in future shows. Probably was competing with Corrine.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:03 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,529,955 times
Corrine could fall off the Earth and No one would care. What a HEARTLESS and Cruel Person. She makes Randy look like a Teddy Bear. I'm going to say here that I think she should keep an eye out for some weird Survivor Maniac out to revenge her actions, in todays world, anythings possible.

Bob is highly deserving of this award, however he should be giving Sugar a REALLY nice gift as SHE is the sole reason he was left in the game at all. She knew there was no way she'd have won against anyone and didn't even try. Sugar is a sweet heart and deserves better than what the show gave her, which was nothing. Bob would still have gotten the 100K if he'd have been voted off. The Million Dollars he now has he owes to Sugar for her Kindness and Friendship.

As for the game of Survivor, Sugar made the ending a bit more exciting even though she had absoluteluy no chance at winning the Million. CBS owes it to her for her actions. (IMO)

Survivor Notes:

I'm always sadden at the ending of a Season. We don't really begin to become attached to any of them until late in the game and suddenly it's over. This season gave us some nice people to enjoy but also some very vendictive and rude individuals.

Mr happy go gay who was afraid to talk to Crystal because he thought his "friends" would hold it against him, needs to grow a pair. Obviously he was born without them but still, if someone is your "friend" they don't hold such things against you. This Dude is weak. What was up with that "cuddle up with bob" comment? Some Gays are outwardly strange. I like the gay population and have nothing at all against them, however I still hold them to the same standards that I do everyone else. Even his Gay Friends would have to question his ethics.

I have to get back to Sugar. What would this season have been like w/o her? It would have been awful boaring. This girl single handedly put a whole lot of flavor back into the game even though she was not a challenge threat. She played a whole lot better game than she was getting credit for and I must say this, if it wasn't for Sugar, I don't think I even care to watch the end of this season.

She is definately one with Amada's disease. That is the inability to comprehend what the Jury wants to hear from them. Amanda in both prior seasons had the game in her hands and COULDN'T finnish it at Tribal. Just throwing away any chance at a Jury vote. Sugar instead bad acted the whole final Tribal and likely was responsible for any Votes susie ended up with.

Matty - this guy is one likeable dude. He went through the entire game without making any enemies at all. What a feat that was, and he still didn't go after Sugar for putting him in that tie situation. I'm happy for him and his wife to be - I hope they have a wonderful life together. She's a lucky girl because Matty definately is going to be a great Father and Husband. That much I'm sure of

Susie, well I hope you enjoyed this as it was likely the highlight of your life. Your 15 minutes is up. You really had no place being in the final but was never seen as a threat. Coat tails mean anything?

Kenny I think we saw you grow up here. I think we shall here of good things for this kid. As inflated he thought of his place in the game, he was definately one of the better folks out there in Gabon. Here's to you Kenny!

Well there you have it... Sugar, Bob, Matty and Kenny, along with honorable mention to Crystal, have definately won my adoration for how they played the game and gave us a season to enjoy. I'd love to run into any one of these characters, as they all have a special place in my heart. Props to you all in life, I know you are all strong individuals. Strong of mind and in heart.

Thank you too everyone in this thread! I've loved sharing with you the game of Survivor in this season of Gabon. Yeah baby, until January!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:49 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,161,952 times
Hey - I just realized something... they never gave a car as a reward this year, did they? The imfamous car that whoever wins it - loses Survivor - also the one that Yau-man gave to Dreamz and then he backstabbed him. Maybe that's why they don't give it anymore???

Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
I think the cars aren't coming anymore, because the big three can't afford to give stuff away anymore - have you seen the price of (private) jet fuel these days?

What a great season finale - just as shocked as the rest about no votes for Sugar, and the tribe (stupidly) giving Susie votes...oy vey!

I have to watch the reunion still, but I'm sure Corinne did not bother to try to soften herself or explain away her malicious comments towards Sugar at the final vote. Who among us would ever indignify someone with nasty comments about a recently deceased parent? If Corinne was born with a sensitivity chip, then it was probably surgically removed before traveling to Gabon. I am embarassed for her considering how "educated" she considers herself to be, to not have common TACT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV