Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 04:04 PM

19 posts, read 31,646 times

Advertisements

Yeah, its not going to happen, benefits are terminated..! I will not go hungry, and I will pay my bills,. Crime right now is the answer for me but its the only way, after 100's of resumes submitted and 0 calls. Use your head and don't get caught, there are several ways to make money..I will not self incriminate myself, but one is a no brainer and is netting me at least $500 a week. There are no jobs in my area and I currently cannot relocate,. Very sad, for me but that's what it has come down to. Only time I was caught was when I was a teenager, but now in my 30's..if you know what your doing and are not a drug addict you should be ok. Crime is not for everyone, but at least it makes society pay for neglecting the issue on jobs, they make there decisions I make mine..

Old 01-23-2014, 04:27 PM

8 posts, read 13,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenu45 View Post
Yeah, its not going to happen, benefits are terminated..! I will not go hungry, and I will pay my bills,. Crime right now is the answer for me but its the only way, after 100's of resumes submitted and 0 calls. Use your head and don't get caught, there are several ways to make money..I will not self incriminate myself, but one is a no brainer and is netting me at least $500 a week. There are no jobs in my area and I currently cannot relocate,. Very sad, for me but that's what it has come down to. Only time I was caught was when I was a teenager, but now in my 30's..if you know what your doing and are not a drug addict you should be ok. Crime is not for everyone, but at least it makes society pay for neglecting the issue on jobs, they make there decisions I make mine..
Call me crazy. but I honestly believe checks will be back around the second week in February. They want Obama to push the issue in his State of the Union next week. I can't believe both parties left people out in the cold on this issue. Mt prayers are with you all.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius635 View Post
Call me crazy. but I honestly believe checks will be back around the second week in February. They want Obama to push the issue in his State of the Union next week. I can't believe both parties left people out in the cold on this issue. Mt prayers are with you all.

This is what I'm thinking. They're going to come back next week, bicker a bit, pass it and then pass it along to the House. They will bicker back and forth and it will be passed the following week.

They cannot leave people with nothing. Another poster states he/she has turned to crime to make money to support him/herself and (possibly) family. People are desperate and broke. The next step if the clowns don't get it together and pass the bill is going to be for people to have an uprising in DC and raid these scumbags offices and homes. They're living high on the hog off tax money and those of us who cannot find work are scraping pennies together just to get gas in the car or a loaf of bread.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:06 PM

78 posts, read 279,061 times
I got paid from a recent claim even though EUC hasn't come back yet. Here's my situation:

Oct 2012: I lose my job and get a $300 a week claim.

Aug 2013: I get a new job and stop my claim.

Oct 2013: I lose my job and my new claim is only $116 a week. Due to the deffered payment program, I can still collect my Oct 2012 claim at $300 a week which is on Tier 2.

Dec 2013: I collect my last payment on the 28th and I still have 2 more weeks on Tier 2 left.

Jan 1-18, 2014: I can't webcert and I don't get any claim forms.

Jan 19, 2014: I just randomly log into web cert and notice I can actually certify for the first 2 weeks of Jan. I assume EDD still wants to us certify even though EUC is not back yet.

Jan 22, 2014: I get paid two payments of $116, putting me on my Oct 2013 claim which are the regular payments and not EUC.

If EUC is restored, does this mean I can't get retro payments because I'm already being paid on a current claim?

Old 01-23-2014, 05:53 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,468,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenu45 View Post
Unfortunate story indeed. However you really need to work on your skills if you want to not incriminate yourself. You're 30, you've been caught/convicted of this before, and your IP address can be tracked very easily. People wonder why they get caught committing illegal activities when they spread their intentions on social media/online.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:29 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
Unfortunate story indeed. However you really need to work on your skills if you want to not incriminate yourself. You're 30, you've been caught/convicted of this before, and your IP address can be tracked very easily. People wonder why they get caught committing illegal activities when they spread their intentions on social media/online.

True dat

From his post, you know he's selling drugs but **thinks** he won't get caught. He'll definitely get caught; it's only a matter of time. If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it.

He's already ratted himself out. It's only a matter of time, however, before some druggie gets pisssed at him and rats him out.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:32 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbobdolevegeta View Post
Oct 2013: I lose my job and my new claim is only $116 a week. Due to the deffered payment program, I can still collect my Oct 2012 claim at $300 a week which is on Tier 2.

Dec 2013: I collect my last payment on the 28th and I still have 2 more weeks on Tier 2 left.

Jan 1-18, 2014: I can't webcert and I don't get any claim forms.

Jan 19, 2014: I just randomly log into web cert and notice I can actually certify for the first 2 weeks of Jan. I assume EDD still wants to us certify even though EUC is not back yet.

Jan 22, 2014: I get paid two payments of $116, putting me on my Oct 2013 claim which are the regular payments and not EUC.

If EUC is restored, does this mean I can't get retro payments because I'm already being paid on a current claim?
Not sure how the states will be handling this. They can do any one of these:
  1. exhaust your state claim first, and then pay what remains of Tier 2 and all of Tier 3
  2. interrupt your $116 to resume EUC until exhausted and then go back to state claim - or
  3. pay you $184 retro (difference between $116 & $300) retro, continue paying rest of EUC, and then begin benefits on the deferred claim.
One thing that won't happen is double payments - i.e. retro EUC for weeks you've already collected state benefits. They will only pay the equivalent of EUC retro.

Just have to wait and see.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:05 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,468,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
  1. exhaust your state claim first, and then pay what remains of Tier 2 and all of Tier 3
  2. interrupt your $116 to resume EUC until exhausted and then go back to state claim - or
  3. pay you $184 retro (difference between $116 & $300) retro, continue paying rest of EUC, and then begin benefits on the deferred claim.
One thing that won't happen is double payments - i.e. retro EUC for weeks you've already collected state benefits. They will only pay the equivalent of EUC retro.

This is good news. With EDD's horrible system it is still able to re-open valid state claims in lieu of the deferred EUC claim payment automatically without staff intervention. Since I'm assuming the OP didn't call to reopen his Oct 2013 claim, since he stated he randomly was able to cert, it seems the system is recognizing it automatically.

I was also wondering how State's would handle transitioning on and off the deferred compensation program under HR4213 during the EUC lapse if EUC is later reinstated. Thanks for the potential answer.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 PM

78 posts, read 279,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

Alright, thanks. I didn't get any claim forms yet, so maybe those will be coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE
This is good news. With EDD's horrible system it is still able to re-open valid state claims in lieu of the deferred EUC claim payment automatically without staff intervention. Since I'm assuming the OP didn't call to reopen his Oct 2013 claim, since he stated he randomly was able to cert, it seems the system is recognizing it automatically.

I was also wondering how State's would handle transitioning on and off the deferred compensation program under HR4213 during the EUC lapse if EUC is later reinstated. Thanks for the potential answer.

Yeah, I didn't call and I was expecting to stay in limbo with EUC until this all gets resolved. Luckily I have enough to cover my rent and expenses for the end of the month.

I'm surprised EDD actually did this. I'm not ungrateful since every little bit helps.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:00 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Heh, heh - it is a quite a surprise that CA switched you back to your deferred claim. One gold star for CA. I'd like to think they were getting back to normal, but reserving judgment for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment