Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:52 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I asked because after my dad died, he was in my dreams over and over again, but he never talked to me or interacted with me, he would just be standing somewhere in the background. One in particular I remember, he was leaning against a tree. Didn't say anything, but just leaned against the tree in the background of my dream. Another dream I had, I saw my aunt (who died 2-1/2 months before my dad), her husband (who died several years prior), and my dad sitting on a park bench. Again, they didn't interact with me, but I saw them sitting there all together. I don't know/remember if it seemed like they were aware of my presence. I just know they didn't try to talk or interact with me. In another dream I saw neighbor that we had when I was a child. He did talk to me.

I think sometimes they just want you to feel comforted knowing they are nearby.
My cousin has lost 2 brothers and her dad. And while she's never seen them as "spirits/ghosts, she said that everywhere she goes she sees 3 doves. Started out after her dad died. She began to see a dove-ok,no biggie; until it was always nearby. Wherever she was and looked up there would be a dove on a wire or tree. Then she lost her first brother and suddenly there were 2 doves always around. Lost her 3rd brother and sure enough--3 doves. Now this comforts her. She believes it is her family or symbols of them sent to her. No contact has been made.
The spirit world has every means available to them to contact us and those means quite vary.
I've thought about someone I love who has passed and suddenly I'll smell their particular smell. Whether it be their hair spray or the type flowers they preferred,etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 02:22 PM

41,973 posts, read 75,229,826 times
I've never thought about dreams as being a visit. Since my husband died, I've dreamed of him twice: once on Christmas Eve, when I dreamed I couldn't find him; and just a few nights ago, when the dream relived his cancer diagnosis and treatment. Neither of them were happy or comforting; maybe I should continue not thinking about dreams as a visit ...

Old 05-04-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I've never thought about dreams as being a visit. Since my husband died, I've dreamed of him twice: once on Christmas Eve, when I dreamed I couldn't find him; and just a few nights ago, when the dream relived his cancer diagnosis and treatment. Neither of them were happy or comforting; maybe I should continue not thinking about dreams as a visit ...

I've dreamed of deceased ones often. The visits are different.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:55 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
One day I had a VERY strong feeling that a deceased loved one was going to give me a sign. This is one of the only times in my life I had such feeling. Had no clue why I was thinking this.I had no idea who it would be.

That night I had a dream and I clearly remember in the fream I was viewing my TV screen while it was off and then there was a sudden fuzzy reception of the TV and white lines across it like something was coming through. Then part 2 of the dream: A black telephone is ringing and I got to answer the phone but first look at the callerid....the Caller ID is the first name and last name of the deceased relative. I was shocked and immediately woke up and say 'WOW'.

that deceased relative was only gone approx 2 years at that point.However, when the person was alive, their family phone was listed in her husband's name, so in real life when she used to call, her caller id would say "john smith". But in the dream, the caller ID say "jane smith".

I do think this relative was coming through to me and even gave me a forewarning. Too bad I freaked out and got scared and woke up. I wasnt really scared to visit her in the dream...just scared and shocked that I had this forewarning and then got the "transmission notification" in the dream.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:44 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
There are so many reasons to believe that life goes on after death. Not religious reasons, but just individuals experiences.

Often you will find people say that this is just our minds remembering or making up things, but... isn't this how the mind works? Making our "reality" from energy patterns or receiving and interpreting those energy patterns into images and sensations we feel.

Once we accept that the mind is a huge receiver like a radio receiver, then many things we dont understand will be able to be explained.

Although we all want to physically touch something to 'prove' to ourselves it is 'real' it is no more real than a thought or an image we experience. It is just that you get a received signal through your finger at the same time as an image through your eye. How fast the "object's " energy is vibrating depends on whether you sense it as solid or not.

That is the amazing thing about our mind - it receives and interpretes all these different energy patters and makes up our 3D world as "solid" for us.

Ghosts or spirits are just different types of energy and we are not generally able to interpret these energies into something that we understand. Some people can, and we call them mediums.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,498,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Hopefully I'm not repeating threads - this may have been covered somewhere -

I've had two experiences with this with my father, who died in late 2009 - the second time was just a few hours ago. Not sure how to explain it really.

The first time was a couple of weeks after he died, and I was eating lunch by myself in a restaurant - it was so weird, it was like this very sudden knowledge that he was there, just as strong as if he had walked into the room and were standing next to me. It faded away after a few minutes.

Then today I was eating again (lol) - I'd just gone through the Wendy's drive through and was driving home, and I got the same exact feeling. It was really weird, as if he were in the passenger seat. The funny thing is that when he was alive he REALLY loved Wendy's. It faded away, came back for a bit and faded away again. I remembered that he loved Wendy's after it faded away.

I guess this all could be explained away as a thought of my father just popped into my head these two times, but I've thought of him many times and this just feels different...it's really like a sense of the person being there.

Same thing also happened when my dog died and that actually happened many times over a month or so.
WOW! This seems to be a way that the presence of a loved one would reveal himself. Good account!

I had one. My Aunt and mom passed within one year of each other.

They were raised in the Bronx section of NYC, which at the time, at least where they lived was an upper middle class area.

By the 1980s it was not.

My first cousin and I were coming down from upstate NY after visiting a friend at college. We were lost and the neighborhood in the Bronx was pretty scarey.

We continued to drive, afraid to leave the car to ask directions.

Suddenly, the car was filled with the scent of an Estee Lauder perfume that both my aunt and mom wore.
It was called "Estee"

We felt peace and suddenly we both knew where to go, and how to get out of that area.

That was really the only time I was certain that a spirit who had crossed was attempting to interact with me and to help.

The experience was awesome.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:15 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Only once when my sister in law who was very young passed away...We heard a knock on the door..the property was wide and the view outside was clear- There was nobody there. Once also years ago as I was going through a meditative process...I heard my dead fathers voice- It was so faint as if a million miles away...and moving away even further..to the point that I will never hear it again. Other than that...I have had strange sensations...I live in an old apartment that is about 100 years old...as I pass by a certain spot in the hall...I always sense this great sadness...it seems to hover in the air- only in that spot...its odd.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
WOW! This seems to be a way that the presence of a loved one would reveal himself. Good account!

I had one. My Aunt and mom passed within one year of each other.

They were raised in the Bronx section of NYC, which at the time, at least where they lived was an upper middle class area.

By the 1980s it was not.

My first cousin and I were coming down from upstate NY after visiting a friend at college. We were lost and the neighborhood in the Bronx was pretty scarey.

We continued to drive, afraid to leave the car to ask directions.

Suddenly, the car was filled with the scent of an Estee Lauder perfume that both my aunt and mom wore.
It was called "Estee"

We felt peace and suddenly we both knew where to go, and how to get out of that area.

That was really the only time I was certain that a spirit who had crossed was attempting to interact with me and to help.

The experience was awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Only once when my sister in law who was very young passed away...We heard a knock on the door..the property was wide and the view outside was clear- There was nobody there. Once also years ago as I was going through a meditative process...I heard my dead fathers voice- It was so faint as if a million miles away...and moving away even further..to the point that I will never hear it again. Other than that...I have had strange sensations...I live in an old apartment that is about 100 years old...as I pass by a certain spot in the hall...I always sense this great sadness...it seems to hover in the air- only in that spot...its odd.

thanks to you both for sharing!!! Awesome!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:43 PM

one of my friends lost her husband due to a car accident. She said within a few hours several family members and friends gathered in her living room. Was a calm and clear evening. Suddenly the back door slammed OPEN with a force. Once everyone recovered and gained their composure someone broke the ice by saying,"hi Joe, you always knew how to make an entrance!" Everyone laughed.
His presence continued.........he would turn her tv off and on. Would turn on the water in her kitchen, flush her toilet. She said she would either laugh or if he woke her she would admonish him for that.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:40 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,931,186 times
I am envious of all you people who have felt the presence of departed loved ones. It must be very reassuring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal