Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
How does the LoA work when there is more than one individual wanting the same thing?

For instance, someone desires a job promotion and goes through the motion of being positive and confident about the outcome of being promoted, hoping that the LoA will favor his wish.

However, in the same company, several other qualified employees are also doing the same thing.

Someone has to get the promotion--so how does the universe sort out who gets it?
Lastwomanstanding answered it in a nutshell. Others go into more detail.
Stepka brought up the 'fact' of how there will be different requests.
Of 10 people, half may want more pay, they see this promotion as the way towards fulfillment. But the request was not promotion specific. Those may or may not get promoted. If they don't, and are totally in the votex, then there is a better position or different job being lined up for them.
The other half love the company, want to stay with the company. These are the ones that are 'at battle' for the position and as was said, the one with the strongest belief and knowing (as well as most specific and longest focus) will be the one who gets it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 06:16 PM

720 posts, read 766,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Time to test that LoA. I'll bet you find it in a month. I want to find one too.
Well I "found" it at the library, barnes and noble, and amazon. Haven't tried a thrift shop yet.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
I don't have it but am an expert on repulsing
Skunk juice for women
Obsessing on sex
Self doubt
Talking fast and high pitch
Loud talking
excessive nervousness
In fact everything that repulses cats repulses women

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-18-2013 at 07:00 PM..

Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Of 10 people, half may want more pay, they see this promotion as the way towards fulfillment. But the request was not promotion specific. Those may or may not get promoted. If they don't, and are totally in the votex, then there is a better position or different job being lined up for them.
The other half love the company, want to stay with the company. These are the ones that are 'at battle' for the position and as was said, the one with the strongest belief and knowing (as well as most specific and longest focus) will be the one who gets it.
Thanks guys. Makes sense.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:51 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
But again, an incorrect use of the LoA is if you try to influence the will of another person, ie, the person who will make the decision about the promotion. It would be incorrect to focus on attracting a particular job in your career, just as it would be to focus on a particular person in your romantic life.

Like, let's take romance as an example of why you shouldn't do that. The first reason is that even God won't change a person's will. Also you probably don't really know the person you're tempted to focus on so you build a fantasy around him that may or not be true. It's better to focus on the qualities of the person you want to date and then let God/the universe provide him (her). Then there may actually be a better person out there for him and he meets her 10 years down the road and has a heartwrenching decision to make. But the real reason not to do it is b/c it won't work anyway. The Bible starts right in telling us that we have free will and that is certainly true.

So, be specific in the qualities of the thing you want but if always ask yourself if someone's will is involved in getting what you want.

I was thinking about this the other day too when I was worrying about the rampant pollution of the earth and all the other problems. Wouldn't it be neat if we could do a big LoA and manifest a cleaner, greener earth? It would but we can't b/c we'd be trying to thwart the will of those who wish to make money from these things. It simply does not matter if we're right and they're wrong--that's the way it is. LoA must be selfish to work--you can only attract things for yourself and you can only start with the little patch of earth that you're on and keep that green.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:38 PM

One of the guidelines in spell-work (which is really just a ritual for a specific manifestation) is to not do anything that goes against another persons free-will. This is about making them do something that they normally would not do.
Making a specific person love another indeed goes against that will.
But- it is doable, just not right.
One of my LoA teachers used an example of a man who had his eye on a particular woman. He said, 'go for it- BUT.... Do you know if this person is really right for you? You can manifest that relationship, but it will likely turn sour.'
As Stepka says, it's best to focus on the qualities one desires.

Now with the promotion thing, of all the people I know that apply LoA, none would ever make the focus statement 'make Mr.B give me the promotion' .... Wanting the promotion position and focusing on that is not 'making' Mr B go against his free-will. He has to put someone in that position regardless.
In order for the Universe to give us what we desire, the Universe must 'use' other people at times to do that. However, the Universe is not going to make anyone do anything that they would not do normally.
For example- Mrs. Y wants her abusive husband dead. Of course she does not want to be the one to do the deed, but thinks about auto accidents an such. Well, Mr Y ends up dead, killed in a mugging. The mugger did the deed. The mugger is a very violent person to begin with, so if pushed he is going to take extreme action and that is what happened. Mr Y did not want to 'just hand over his wallet'...his free will was to put up a fight. He could have just given it and be good.

The universe does not see things in black and white, there is no difference between 'good' and 'bad'. The Universe only sees things for what they are. That is why it is SO important that one is careful with thier way of thinking and words used.
As my teacher said, if you are opposed to war, don't go to an anti-war protest...the universe only 'sees' war. One should go on a world peace march instead. So while those with good intentions are chanting 'no more war'...they are only creating more war.

For us, the free will thing can be very cloudy and confusing when we begin to look at 'HOW' we will obtain our desire. The 'how' is- not our job! The Universe is the on that does all that hard work to rearrange things and put things in a line. Sometimes that means involving other people, but it's not anything that goes against who they are. In fact, as it was explained to me, thier actions are part of their own manifestational vibration- even the murdering mugger.
And that is why sometimes it takes a long while for some manifestations to become a reality. Everything and everyone has to be in the right place at the right time.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
One of the guidelines in spell-work (which is really just a ritual for a specific manifestation) is to not do anything that goes against another persons free-will. This is about making them do something that they normally would not do.
Making a specific person love another indeed goes against that will.
But- it is doable, just not right.
One of my LoA teachers used an example of a man who had his eye on a particular woman. He said, 'go for it- BUT.... Do you know if this person is really right for you? You can manifest that relationship, but it will likely turn sour.'
As Stepka says, it's best to focus on the qualities one desires.

Now with the promotion thing, of all the people I know that apply LoA, none would ever make the focus statement 'make Mr.B give me the promotion' .... Wanting the promotion position and focusing on that is not 'making' Mr B go against his free-will. He has to put someone in that position regardless.
In order for the Universe to give us what we desire, the Universe must 'use' other people at times to do that. However, the Universe is not going to make anyone do anything that they would not do normally.
For example- Mrs. Y wants her abusive husband dead. Of course she does not want to be the one to do the deed, but thinks about auto accidents an such. Well, Mr Y ends up dead, killed in a mugging. The mugger did the deed. The mugger is a very violent person to begin with, so if pushed he is going to take extreme action and that is what happened. Mr Y did not want to 'just hand over his wallet'...his free will was to put up a fight. He could have just given it and be good.

For us, the free will thing can be very cloudy and confusing when we begin to look at 'HOW' we will obtain our desire. The 'how' is- not our job! The Universe is the on that does all that hard work to rearrange things and put things in a line. Sometimes that means involving other people, but it's not anything that goes against who they are. In fact, as it was explained to me, thier actions are part of their own manifestational vibration- even the murdering mugger.
And that is why sometimes it takes a long while for some manifestations to become a reality. Everything and everyone has to be in the right place at the right time.
This is such a great post I'm not sure where to start but on the first paragraph I'll just say that getting into a wrong relationship is very painful. I'll use my ex SIL as an example. She didn't use the LoA, but she did manipulate her high school sweetheart into marrying her when he was a point where he was ready to move on. They are still married over 20 years later but I don't think it's been worth it for her and it's been painful for all of us to watch.

On the second paragraph, I'll have to disagree slightly. You could be making Mr. B go against his will if he had actually chosen someone else or was ready to choose them b/c he thought they were a better fit for the position. Also, I'm still not altogether sure that you can use to LoA to influence someone to do something they wouldn't otherwise--that would be taking away their free-will. In your mugger example, the lady didn't actually influence the murderer b/c she didn't even know he existed.

I think that's what makes this whole issue so complicated--other people are def involved in your manifestations but they are doing what they would do anyway. You can bring a lover to you, just not a particular one unless he was ready to be the one anyway. Maybe your soul mate lives 4 hours away and you would never meet unless some "coincidence" were to occur--the LoA will arrange the meeting but you and the lover will have to make it work.

On the last P, you nailed it. You are so right that the "how" is not our job and yes I do agree that other people are involved in a way that doesn't mess with their own manifestation. After all, many of us want similar things--a nice house, a happy marriage/relationship, children that make us proud, and a job that rewards our soul and our bank account. Just rest assured that the universe is lining up your ducks for you and go on your merry way and be assured that you will have what you want and need. Then the Bible verse about "consider the lilies of the field" begins to make a lot more sense.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
I once manifested a specific job for myself.

What is interesting about it is considering the how, it seems people's free will must have been affected in order to make that happen. There was a specific employer I wanted to work for and more than one person needed to do certain things for everything to fall into place (I didn't know about manifesting at the time so I wasn't even thinking of the how. I was experimenting with affirmations though.)

Rather than ask, believe, receive, it was more like declare, believe receive. Once I had my foot in the door, there was some work in the physical involved but I know I had the LOA behind me because before I got my foot in the door, there was one person who made a decision that put me exactly where I wanted to be. I did not have contact with him.

I don't think 3 people doing what I needed them to do in order to get me in the exact position I stated I would have is just coincidence. I didn't know what would need to take place behind the scenes so worrying about the how wasn't even an option as far as the first two people were concerned. I like to explain it away but I don't think it totally can be explained away. The odds against all of it lining up within a month of me declaring it are too high.

Remembering that, I tend to think we can affect people's free will. But we must believe so we interact with them in a certain way. Still in some cases, the physical interaction may be unnecessary.

Makes me wonder who is running the show, the block of "it's too good to be true", to think WE truly ARE running the show must be removed. And when it is, it's possible that anything is possible.

Any suggestions for removing blocks in my love life? Not to bring a specific person, but to bring a mutually passionate, loyal relationship to me?

I have manifested some things in my love life, I'd go as far as to say once a specific person, though I do tend to think that may just be coincidence. Happens often to people someone they like likes them back at some point. As stated above many of us want the same things.

Any love life suggestions would help. That is one area ,unfortunately, I must need help in as my personal life is not at all to my liking right now.

Last edited by lastwomanstanding; 07-21-2013 at 12:39 AM..

Old 07-21-2013, 02:23 AM

There can be so many different blockages when it comes to love and romance. I can't think of any general all encompassing advice that would not be already known (move on, let it go type stuff). Easy to say things to ourselves, doing them is a different story sometimes.

When I come to a wall, I take the Scarlet O'Hara approach...'I will think about that tomorrow' and tomorrow comes and I say, 'I will think about that tomorrow'.

Perhaps a checklist? Like a reflection and to do list?
Are you happy being single? If not, why? Address those issues.
Are you lacking confidence or trust? Has it always been that way? If not, what changed?
Speaking of change....my teacher would say, 'you want things in your life to change; change the things in your life.'
What one changed did not have to be related to the thing you want changed.
Lets say someone has troubles finding long term employment. They do everything right, always putting in applications, doing call-backs. They get a job and then something happens that leaves them unemployed. They get frustrated and sick of sitting at home between jobs and job hunting, so they fill their free time with jogging and yard work instead of TV. This raises their vibration. They don't even have to know anything about LoA, but with a raised vibration, they end up with a lasting job.
So, as my teacher would say, 'what are you willing to give up?'
Even without the concepts of LoA, this makes sense on a surface level. We get stuck in ruts, fall into depression and dwell. With change comes new things, and that is where opportunities and connections are found.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:34 AM

LWS, you brought up a good one about manifesting a relationship. I swear sometimes that it's easier to manifest a million dollars or a great job than a relationship, b/c it's so emotionally charged. Learn from my mistakes--do not go in with that one big one that you don't want--a man with personality disorders! (I wasn't thinking about the LoA at that time, though I did know better.) So I took some good advice the other night and wrote a long list of the qualities I would want in a man for a relationship but I just wasn't getting excited about it and then I realized something huge--maybe it's not a relationship I want right now! What I really want is to be able to talk to men easily--too many times I've had a handsome man try to talk to me and I would just clam up. Truth is, I'm not ready to settle down right now and maybe I'd just like to play the field and see what's out there. I remember when I got into this last relationship that I felt a strong sense of freedom disappearing, even though I'm not a wild woman by any means--it was more of a sense of freedom lost. Could it be due to the fact that I was married for 23 years and the wasband left just under 5 years ago? Probably.

But that's just me, and the reason I'm telling you this is b/c while yes, many of us do want pretty much the same things, we shouldn't just fall into them by default b/c that's what everyone else wants. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but I am recommending that you look at exactly what you do want. It might be something else altogether and if, like me, you're feeling a little tug of resistance while you're trying to manifest, you may want to look at that. When I made the realization that I want to be able to talk easily to men it was like a lightbulb going off so I knew I was on to something--there was so much more energy in that than in the other so I knew it was a genuine desire. And I, like you and most people would love to be in a mutually satisfying relationship someday but just not now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal