Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 10:53 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hey, I just got it, Owl...."Alchemist" ~!

This is an easy story...acquaintence, Steph, thought she'd try LOA....she was on Match.com already...so she "focused/asked" for the love of her life and thought she would go for it and a $1,000,000. She said she fig'd, Why not, since the Universe sees
$100k the same as a million. Ha! Good for her.

So she falls in love and is now married to the guy...turns out he was a millionaire.
HA!

Got a message from here that I have been duped....I will address that with something an old time Christian guy said....Even if I am, it's workin'...so I'm stickin with it.

**How many people can say they LUV this life, are happy everyday and have found the formula that has worked for YEARS that allows them to think something and they watch it come to them?
I got that message too and I couldn't have responded better so thank you Miss Hepburn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Correcting that quote from the Christian guy.... to the person that said I am
being duped with New Age nonsense....it went...
"Even if I am it's been workin
for 47 years and I'm stickin with it!"

** PURPLE was for a reason...

Old 07-10-2013, 12:34 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Stepka, you are right on the money with that. (I love a good pun)

And for the record, the land I was looking at was a random mountainside, had no clue how to get there, if anyone was already living on it (and no, it was pretty much raw land). And you bet your socks, if I had gotten money instead of land, I would have bought land. Because of a break-up, I left the mountain and so I am looking for a new homestead.
And that's just it--if you had gotten money you might have bought land, but would you have bought that particular plot? No, b/c you didn't know how to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hey, I just got it, Owl...."Alchemist" ~!

Got a message from here that I have been duped....I will address that with something an old time Christian guy said....Even if I am, it's workin'...so I'm stickin with it.

**How many people can say they LUV this life, are happy everyday and have found the formula that has worked for YEARS that allows them to think something and they watch it come to them?
Great story and I am amused by the guy claiming you are being duped by "new age" stuff. You're quoted quite a lot of scripture--not that I have a problem with that as I'm a Christian myself. Some things are universal but some folks have a problem with the universality of some ideas and not all of them are Christian.

Another example of a universal idea is the Golden Rule. Some version of it is found in every faith tradition on earth. So, if I repeat it to you all in the Wiccan tradition: "These eight words the Rede fulfill, 'an ye harm none do as ye will," some folks will be offended b/c it's one a them new age things. Then I give it to you in the Christian tradition and it's fine with Christians but others may be offended: Luke 6:31
"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise."

So, some may be offended by the packaging and yet none can argue that there is anything wrong with what's actually being said. Your God will take care of you, and if you recognize no God, then the universe will do likewise. And if some truly do not believe in this, they should try it anyway--it costs nothing and you might be surprised.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:24 PM

I am big on the Bhagvad Gita...Ch 10 being my favorite...but I don't know if people can relate...I save it for other threads.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:26 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
In one of my other groups we had a cosmic ordering chat where we helped each other formulate our request.

Focus on the ultimate goal, the true need and desire, how it comes will be a delightful and amazing surprise.
And here's a good story about money and why we need to consider carefully why we need it:
Quote:
An American businessman was standing at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish.

"How long it took you to catch them?" The American asked.

"Only a little while." The Mexican replied.

"Why don't you stay out longer and catch more fish?" The American then asked.

"I have enough to support my family's immediate needs." The Mexican said.

"But," The American then asked, "What do you do with the rest of your time?"

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life, senor."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds you buy a bigger boat, and with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats."

"Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the consumers, eventually opening your own can factory. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But senor, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15-20 years."

"But what then, senor?"

The American laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO (Initial Public Offering) and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."

"Millions, senor? Then what?"

The American said slowly, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos..."
Moderator, if that's too long, here's the link: The Tourist and the Mexican Fisherman

Old 07-10-2013, 04:36 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,669,615 times
That story gave me a giggle and reminded me of a past manifestation that I had not recognized until now.
When I was young- pre teen, my dream was to travel the US in my truck with a companion pooch. As I got a little older, I still had the dream but my philosophy behind it was; what's the point of waiting to travel once retired and too old to really enjoy everything? I want to travel when I am young and can hike to the top of a mountain or run from big waves on the beach.
While I was still in my very early 20's, there I was, in my van with a pooch, and a cat- and other travel companions, going across the US. From San Diego, the most south western edge of the US, making our way up into Maine, the most north eastern tip. We were on the road for a whole month and saw all kinds of things.
I have not traveled like that in a while, but I am still young and I will be making another trip soon. This time I want to fly to Hawaii and then the Philippines, to visit the island of my ancestors.

And what a wimp - the who that rep'd us and comments that we are following nonsense.
What is it that made them do such a thing instead of voicing themselves here? Does not compute!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:25 PM

I've drop it like throwing trash in a can with a lid...re that "nonsense" person.

I love road trips, done a lot.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:06 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,499 times
I just thought of this thread because of a search I just did. The search had nothing to do with the law of attraction (or so I thought ), but it sure led me here.

Last night, and into this morning, I had some really strange dreams. I don't remember what the dreams were about, but I do remember at the end of every dream I would see either the number 8 or the number 9.
I tossed and turned all night and spent most of the night wondering what the numbers were all about.

I even mentioned the number dreams to my brother and son. We all thought it was a bit weird.

Honestly, I have never once had a dream where a number (or two) were prominent all night long. That is why these dreams fascinated me enough to mention them aloud...

... and that is why I went searching tonight to find out the significance of dreaming these two numbers.
What I found out truly intrigued me and I still have some more reading to do, but wanted to share this link...
Numbers - Law of Attraction Dream Dictionary

This is why this came full circle to this thread.

What I read tonight totally pertains to what is happening in my life right now. I don't want to go into detail and ruin any good karma .

Very interesting.

Last edited by tulani; 07-12-2013 at 12:09 AM..

Old 07-11-2013, 11:35 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I just thought of this thread because of a search I just did. The search had nothing to do with the law of attraction (or so I thought ), but it sure led me here.

Last night, and into this morning, I had some really strange dreams. I don't remember what the dreams were about, but I do remember at the end of every dream I would see either the number 8 or the number 9.
I tossed and turned all night and spent most of the nights wondering what the numbers were all about.

I even mentioned the number dreams to my brother and son. We all thought it was a bit weird.

Honestly, I have never once had a dream where a number (or two) were prominent all night long. That is why these dreams fascinated me enough to mention them aloud...

... and that is why I went searching tonight to find out the significance of dreaming these two numbers.
What I found out truly intrigued me and I still have some more reading to do, but wanted to share this link...
Numbers - Law of Attraction Dream Dictionary

This is why this came full circle to this thread.

What I read tonight totally pertains to what is happening in my life right now. I don't want to go into detail and ruin any good karma .

Very interesting.
And your post is number 88 Good numbers

Old 07-12-2013, 12:08 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
And your post is number 88 Good numbers
Awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal