Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:05 PM

793 posts, read 275,911 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of belief in the Ouija Board and have respect for it but I have never feared it,as many folks do. I have three of them,the first one I purchased 42 years ago and I still use it. Because the other two Boards were misused,by others,I refuse to use them anymore but I will not discard them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 02:32 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
I don't think of myself as superstitious or impressionable at all, but when I have had Ouija boards, which I've bought on maybe three occasions, I've ended up throwing them out. When I took them out of the box, I got a bad feeling every time. I've heard all the lore like everyone, but it just comes down to a strong feeling of, "I don't want to be near that."

I saw the Exorcist when I was a kid in the '70s, and to this day, I've never felt such horror. Real fear. I've watched it since then, almost to "test" myself, because it IS a good movie, but finally I just decided not to ever watch it again. I feel like it has the potential to bring heavy, negative energy into my home and/or into myself.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 PM

793 posts, read 275,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I don't think of myself as superstitious or impressionable at all, but when I have had Ouija boards, which I've bought on maybe three occasions, I've ended up throwing them out. When I took them out of the box, I got a bad feeling every time. I've heard all the lore like everyone, but it just comes down to a strong feeling of, "I don't want to be near that."

I saw the Exorcist when I was a kid in the '70s, and to this day, I've never felt such horror. Real fear. I've watched it since then, almost to "test" myself, because it IS a good movie, but finally I just decided not to ever watch it again. I feel like it has the potential to bring heavy, negative energy into my home and/or into myself.
I've often wondered if the actress,Linda Blair,was ever negatively effected from playing the role of Regan in The Exorcist I know I would have never allowed any of my Daughters to play that role no matter how much money was involved!!!! Great movies though and I still watch them.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:05 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW666 View Post
I've often wondered if the actress,Linda Blair,was ever negatively effected from playing the role of Regan in The Exorcist I know I would have never allowed any of my Daughters to play that role no matter how much money was involved!!!! Great movies though and I still watch them.

I've always wondered the same thing...the few times I've heard her discuss it, she said it didn't bother her at all. Maybe things are a LOT different behind the scenes and when you're acting, flubbing lines, starting over, etc., it breaks things up a bit and just feels technical. I couldn't imagine anyone letting their kid do it, either!

Interesting that a lot of child actors have turned out so badly, running amok and wreaking havoc all over the place, but the kid who played someone possessed by demons turned out just fine!

Old 06-21-2013, 12:19 AM

8,556 posts, read 10,981,308 times
I stated this once before, and I guess it bears repeating.
In all cases, it is NOT the board.
When you sit down to "play" with the board, you automatically through telepathy, open up your thoughts to the spirit world.
You could do the same thing by just thinking about the same things you would be thinking if you were actually using the board.
It is a thought process, and nothing more.
When you sit down, and ask the board questions, you are expecting some sort of answer.
Just your thoughts of getting an answer are enough to telepathically send a message to some spirit.
The ouija board is a toy, and nothing more.
What one reads into it is nothing more than a reaction to one's own thoughts.
Bob.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:51 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I've always wondered the same thing...the few times I've heard her discuss it, she said it didn't bother her at all. Maybe things are a LOT different behind the scenes and when you're acting, flubbing lines, starting over, etc., it breaks things up a bit and just feels technical. I couldn't imagine anyone letting their kid do it, either!

Interesting that a lot of child actors have turned out so badly, running amok and wreaking havoc all over the place, but the kid who played someone possessed by demons turned out just fine!
I read somewhere for the really heinous stuff Linda Blair's body double did it. If you ever watch TV closely, and watch a lot of crime stuff -- I think they protect the children from the bad stuff. Go into autopsy, see the real child on the table and there's an edit where they focus in on the faces of the ME and detective. Pan back -- what's being said is never gory or scary -- edit -- close up -- ghastly stuff being said.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:14 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
to those that have used the board with no problems--you are lucky so far--try not topush it--given the opportunity you can have an entity attach itself to you thru this portal---saw it happen---took years for the family to survive this

Old 06-21-2013, 11:22 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
to those that have used the board with no problems--you are lucky so far--try not to push it--given the opportunity you can have an entity attach itself to you thru this portal---saw it happen---took years for the family to survive this
Wow! As someone who collects Ouija boards (but never "plays" w/them), would you please elaborate what happened? I've always been fascinated by ppl's ouija board experiences. So would you mind telling what you saw or experienced? What happened to the family, did they eventually find some peace? Thanks!

Old 06-21-2013, 02:13 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I figure why tempt fate............I have never had one and never will !!! This is going to sound funny, but I have a strange feeling about my bedroom. More than a few times when I am in bed I feel what seems like what you would feel if a cat jumped up on the bed. We have 3 cats but they are locked out of our bedrooms. I will be laying there and you feel this "plop" on top of the mattress. Like I said, that has happened probably a half dozen times.

But the weirdest one was the other night. I was asleep with my arm hanging down over the side of the bed and I felt something distinctly grab my hand and tug on it. It startled me and I thought one of the cats had gotten into my room so I walked out into the living room and all 3 were sound asleep in various places. I told my Son about it and he said I was probably dreaming, but the tug was so noticeable it woke me out of a sound sleep. I have chills typing this post.

Don
I had this same experience several times in the house I used to rent. (I have a post about another aspect of something in this house on the thread about ghosts.) I do have cats, so I would think one of the cats jumped on the bed with me, but when I felt for it, there was no cat. It was weird. Also, in that same room, I had my computer in a corner. Sometimes when I sat at the computer I would feel something pressing me in my lower back--like fingers, or paws. Thought it was one of the cats, but I looked and there was no cat there.

Never said anything about this part to anyone, but reading your post made me recall that.

I think only once did I endeavor to play with a Ouija board, when I was a kid. I didn't like it, didn't like the idea of it, and quit after a few minutes. I'm kind of glad about that after reading some other people's stories.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:13 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Wow! As someone who collects Ouija boards (but never "plays" w/them), would you please elaborate what happened? I've always been fascinated by ppl's ouija board experiences. So would you mind telling what you saw or experienced? What happened to the family, did they eventually find some peace? Thanks!
had a friend that used to use it in high school and later with her kids--during the kids younger years an entity(the psych team thought it was 2)---attached itself to the entire family and the family on the other side of the building--making their lives a nightmare with the variety of things that happened to both families

despite the help of a famous demonic hunter couple,priests that were schooled in this,and an eventual move--they remained plague for years but eventually spiritual assistance helped them overcome this

this made media attention nationally so even now they need to live quietly away from the public eye

my other 2 co-workers who used it were told during a session they had in our break room which i overheard-----both were told they would die soon---one was much younger than i ---both died that year---the younger one that morning of using the board after she went off duty in a fire in her home---the other 6 months later of an illness she did not know she had---this convinced me to NEVER
have one in my home even if brought in by my kids friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal