Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2015, 02:54 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,978 times

Advertisements

Not true, I have been walking in the Lake District ( where an American, in his late 60`s , from Virginia, helped us down Helm Crag above Grasmere, and I am, in my 40`s), visited Snowdonia in Wales where I met a group of georgeous Americans ( mainly women.) I meet many, many, Americans also in London with my job, either in Chelsea ( a lovely older American who looked like Jimmy Carter) , wherever my job takes me and they are all so polite and really give you respect. I am biased as I have relatives in America: but there was one nasty one with a big hairdo and she was from New York....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 03:00 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Not true, I have been walking in the Lake District ( where an American, in his late 60`s , from Virginia, helped us down Helm Crag above Grasmere, and I am, in my 40`s), visited Snowdonia in Wales where I met a group of georgeous Americans ( mainly women.) I meet many, many, Americans also in London with my job, either in Chelsea ( a lovely older American who looked like Jimmy Carter) , wherever my job takes me and they are all so polite and really give you respect. I am biased as I have relatives in America: but there was one nasty one with a big hairdo and she was from New York....
Your lucky mate I'd KILL to meet more Americans in London especially the ladies

You sound like you have a terrific job mate ( beats scaffolding )

Are you looking for an apprentice by any chance LOL.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:56 PM

Hey London, I`ve seen your posts, you are, competition! SW3 is still the best place though, they love a London accent

Old 12-13-2015, 04:09 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Very interesting to read your impressions. Some of us, Americans of British extraction, feel much the same way. I am a 4th generation American, and I was still raised with a vestige of the British ethos. Some of us Americans are a bit less couth than you Brits, but we're less boring and have much better teeth.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Hey London, I`ve seen your posts, you are, competition! SW3 is still the best place though, they love a London accent
LOL nothing wrong with competition old son

Plus I've already got w2 covered LOL

But yes I've know a couple previously so the accent allways help ( if they understand it of course mate

I drink down the kings road so......... You have been warned LOL

Old 12-13-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Very interesting to read your impressions. Some of us, Americans of British extraction, feel much the same way. I am a 4th generation American, and I was still raised with a vestige of the British ethos. Some of us Americans are a bit less couth than you Brits, but we're less boring and have much better teeth.
British teeth yes LOL don't worry I'm getting mine sorted next year LOL

But I don't know about the boring part after the super bowl London in 2013 whist on a night out with the boys we bumped into a group of American girls that went to the game, all in the team jerseys ( can't remember which one ) and that's probably one of the best nights out I think I've had

Old 12-13-2015, 04:26 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Boring? You people are anything but boring. The hilarious sense of humor, the sense of fun, always finding interesting things to do. If anyone is boring it's Americans.

And to the person who thinks Americans are LOUD. You probably ran into some kids (who are loud everywhere) or some New Yorkers. New Yorkers are known for being very loud. Even in Sept when I was going through customs in Dublin, there was a very loud woman screaming into the air--"SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO!" Everyone looked at her. She did have a NY accent.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:26 PM

Mmmm, American teeth, I have seen that film set in the Appalachians and all the Civil War films, then you didn't care about your pearlies, I think America has got soft, sort of Kardashianised. My teeth are straight, not stupid white but pretty good ( I like milk and don't eat a lot of sugar). Didn't Americans chew tobacco? Yes, London, SW3, try the Trafalgar, expensive but a good craic.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Boring? You people are anything but boring. The hilarious sense of humor, the sense of fun, always finding interesting things to do. If anyone is boring it's Americans.

And to the person who thinks Americans are LOUD. You probably ran into some kids (who are loud everywhere) or some New Yorkers. New Yorkers are known for being very loud. Even in Sept when I was going through customs in Dublin, there was a very loud woman screaming into the air--"SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO!" Everyone looked at her. She did have a NY accent.
Yep I love our humour thanks

Proof that I like American humour is that I'm a member of city data and have x amounts of posts LOL

Old 12-13-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Mmmm, American teeth, I have seen that film set in the Appalachians and all the Civil War films, then you didn't care about your pearlies, I think America has got soft, sort of Kardashianised. My teeth are straight, not stupid white but pretty good ( I like milk and don't eat a lot of sugar). Didn't Americans chew tobacco? Yes, London, SW3, try the Trafalgar, expensive but a good craic.
I drink the other end in the imperial arms and the jam tree ( plus one right at the back near the wharf forgot its name )

Yuppie central but they like a bit of rough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom