Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 11:33 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,322,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I don't have to. It all about perception.

Don't associate you with us. You're not one of us.

Yeah by muslims. Good luck fighting the jihad in freezing cold.

Maybe in soviet times...but you always thought you're scientists would overthrow the state. A lot technology that US has was actually researched by the russians. They just could not field it because of bad leadership and your system sucked. Plus, scientists could not make money off their discoveries.

great. Hope the saudis and the US bring down the oil prices even more. Soon you'll be begging the chinese for food.

Yeah from central asia and china. Enjoy the jihad and dim sum.

Russia is china's vassal state especially after the invasion of crimea. Once they reverse engineer your aircraft engines, they have no use for you. THey don't even need you for space know how. Most of their space tech is soviet tech which they already copied.

Enjoy living into Zimbabwe!

I'm not Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Russia is china's vassal state....

Oh a nice Freudian slip....after all the Brits are the undisputed world experts about being someone else vassal state.....

Talking to you is like a PhD trying to have an articulate, thoughtful conversation with an 8th grader...no point since you simply ignore some basic understanding of facts on the subject...it would be a colossal waste of time.

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-24-2018 at 11:56 PM..

Old 03-24-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Even The Spectator which is a right wing publication has a piece called 'Putin's toxic power'. In fact the very first line states:

Considering that this is as far away from the mainstream that one can get, the significance of this statement is astounding.
It goes into detail about Putin's actions in the Ukraine, starting from his denial of there being any Russian troops present, to thanking them. How do you thank a ghost?

A Right Wing publication...there is always a good excuse to have a good war...

Old 03-25-2018, 12:00 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,298,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Bla bla bla....reality is there is no proof...could have been Putin?? Sure....but we simply do not know for sure...given the complexity of the deep state apparatus of any complex country (and Russia is fairly complex).
It's all speculation and flimsy circumstantial evidence.
If it walks like duck and quacks like a duck....

...deep state apparatus......

Who else had a motive?....

I’m Pretty sure it was Putler...oops ...I mean Putin

Last edited by BMI; 03-25-2018 at 12:14 AM..

Old 03-25-2018, 12:02 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,502,857 times
Quote:
I'm not Russian
it does not matter.

Quote:
Oh a nice Freudian slip....after all the Brits are the undisputed world experts about being someone else vassal state.....
I guess they are. But at they least they speak english.

Quote:
Talking to you is like a PhD trying to have an articulate, thoughtful conversation with an 8th grader...no point since you simply ignore some basic understanding of facts on the subject...it would be a colossal waste of time.
Kind of pointless talking to a russian internet troll but very entertaining.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:08 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,517,030 times
Quote:
A Right Wing publication...there is always a good excuse to have a good war...
Most right wing leadership seems to be quite fond of Putin. Marine LePen herself received a substantial amount of funding from a Russian bank.Many right wing parties are quite fond of Putin's style of leadership. They may not like him personally, but that's what they are trying to emulate.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Most right wing leadership seems to be quite fond of Putin. Marine LePen herself received a substantial amount of funding from a Russian bank.Many right wing parties are quite fond of Putin's style of leadership. They may not like him personally, but that's what they are trying to emulate.

Continental Europe right wing yes, you are right, The US right is not fond of Putin...they criticize and downplay Russiagate because of the potential damage to the current Republican occupant of the White House but every excuse is good to increase military spending and the big scary Russian bear is too good to pass on.....I'm not too familiar with the UK right wing publications but considering that the country is little more than a lackey, an appendix of the US in foreign policy (a Brit accusing other states to be "vassals" of others is truly rich), it would not surprise me if they follow the same line...

Old 03-25-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Continental Europe right wing yes, you are right, The US right is not fond of Putin...they criticize and downplay Russiagate because of the potential damage to the current Republican occupant of the White House but every excuse is good to increase military spending and the big scary Russian bear is too good to pass on.....I'm not too familiar with the UK right wing publications but considering that the country is little more than a lackey, an appendix of the US in foreign policy (a Brit accusing other states to be "vassals" of others is truly rich), it would not surprise me if they follow the same line...
This was the Australian version. The UK has it's own foreign policy. It may allign with that of the US on a number of fronts, but still remains distinct.
The UK never went into Vietnam just like the US never backed Britain during the Suez crisis.

Dude, you've hit the jackpot in life. You're a citizen of 3 fantastic nations. In many ways, I envy your position. Being Italian gives you access to the whole EU market.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:55 AM

Quote:
This was the Australian version. The UK has it's own foreign policy. It may allign with that of the US on a number of fronts, but still remains distinct.
The UK never went into Vietnam just like the US never backed Britain during the Suez crisis.
Vietnam was the biggest "divergence" between the two....it was pretty much "revenge" for America stopping the UK from playing Empire in Suez (the US said pretty much cut it out or we will crush your economy, America interfered big time in Egypt).
The UK has a "distinct" foreign policy mainly in areas/situations where the US has no particular interest.

Quote:
Dude, you've hit the jackpot in life. You're a citizen of 3 fantastic nations. In many ways, I envy your position. Being Italian gives you access to the whole EU market.

Well, too bad I left Australia before getting my citizenship (I lived Down Under for 3 years) otherwise I would have got 4!! LOL

P.S.

When you said "It goes into detail about Putin's actions in the Ukraine, starting from his denial of there being any Russian troops present, to thanking them. How do you thank a ghost?" from that publication that is a factual error....after a brief denial, since April 2014 Putin has openly admitted the presence of the Russian "little green men" in Crimea.

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-25-2018 at 01:09 AM..

Old 03-25-2018, 01:16 AM

Quote:

Well, too bad i left Australia before getting my citizenship (I lived Down Under for 3 years) otherwise I woudl have got 4!! LOL
When were you living in Australia? Many immigration rules in place have changed over the years. The skilled-dependant Visa was recently scrapped.

Quote:
When you said "It goes into detail about Putin's actions in the Ukraine, starting from his denial of there being any Russian troops present, to thanking them. How do you thank a ghost?" from that publication that is a factual error....after a brief denial, since April 2014 Putin has openly admitted the presence of the Russian "little green men" in Ukraine.
That was me paraphrasing what I read. The only direct quote was the one I put under quotation marks. The last statement I made about the ghost was never in the text to begin with. It was just my interpretation.

I'd post a link, but I read it at the library so I don't have it readily available with me.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:05 AM

27,365 posts, read 13,612,341 times
Some Good News.

At least 10 EU nations to expel Russian diplomats in spy row | Guardian

'Large number' of EU countries plan more Russia action - Sky News

Trump may expel Russian diplomats in response to nerve-agent attack in Britain, officials say - The Washington Post

International Investigators from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) have sent samples to their own independent science labs in the Hague, and blood and other samples have been taken from those poisoned. The OPCW will be publishing a full report of it's findings.

Chemical weapons inspectors begin work at scene of Salisbury attack - The Guardian

OPCW Inspectors Begin Work on Salisbury Nerve Agent Attack - New York Times

OPCW's Nobel puts unshowy agency with striking success record in spotlight - The Guardian

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-25-2018 at 04:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom