Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2017, 05:14 PM

24,155 posts, read 32,574,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Do you have space for one more guest?
About to ask the same thing. This sounds SO DELICIOUS!

And close to what I have made tonight - Spinach and mushroom lasagna with white sauce. Tomato, red onion and cucumber salad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 06:23 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Do you have space for one more guest?
Girl, if you are ever in Hawaii you are invited!!!!

You too Sheena! Would love to sit around and cook and learn from both of you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-31-2017, 06:28 PM

1,198 posts, read 666,104 times
White bean carrot curry soup (pureed) and oat flatbread on the side

Old 09-01-2017, 10:55 AM

The sandwiches were "meh", but I know what to do to fix it for next time.

Going to try to make home falafel tonight. Served in naan (bought, my baking is iffy), arugula, tomatoes and tzaki

Edit: tomorrow night because you have to soak the beans overnight, you can't cook them.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:40 AM

88,732 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinwomb View Post
White bean carrot curry soup (pureed) and oat flatbread on the side
Oh man, that sounds good to me.

I had cold carrot-ginger soup last week at a fancy NYC restaurant. It was SO good.

Last night I ate at a friend's house. She invited me to a farewell barbecue for her cousin, who had been visiting for the past month. She was making steak, but made me eggplant, and of course I could eat the salad and potatoes and other things they had. It was really good, though. I do eat cheese, so the eggplant was topped with ripe tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella with a balsamic reduction drizzled over.

Earlier this week I made tofu with sweet chili sauce and bell peppers. I'd gotten that at a food bar at a natural market near me, but the tofu they used was sort of loose and flubbery, and I like my tofu firmer. So, I bought firm tofu, drained it well, sauteed it to brownness in a pan with the peppers, and put the sweet chili sauce on for the last minute of cooking.

I like mine better than the one I bought.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:23 PM

FINALLY having the falafel. Was going to make it and our Safeway had no dried garbanzos.

Got them, soaked them over night and they are in the oven. Better be good.

Serving on whole wheat naan (didn't make it, my baking is iffy at best), tahini sauce, greek yogurt, arugula, tomatoes, and peperonicinis, with a side of cucumber/tomato salad with red wine vinegar.

I'm baking instead of frying, not soooo much for health reasons, I'm lazy and don't want to clean up the mess.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:35 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,583,912 times
I'm new to being a vegan, since August 13th and I'm doing the starch-based, no oil, low fat McDougall diet, working on losing weight as well as improving my blood tests and high blood pressure. I've cut out oil and now cutting out nuts and seeds, too, and eating very low fat until I get my weight down.

I haven't learned how to cook a lot of new things yet, but I have always loved tortillas and rice and beans and legumes, so today I made split pea soup with carrots, onions and celery and spiced it heavily with cumin just because I bought some heavenly Indian cumin and the soup was crying out for it - turned out really good.

Then, I was hungry again later, so had some corn tortillas, heated with just water in a hot fry pan, with a bean/rice/veggie curry mixture and fresh tomatoes and fresh cilantro on them.

I've had a satisfying food day :-)

Old 09-04-2017, 09:01 PM

I forgot dessert!! DH is making (again, because it is so good) grilled peaches topped with cream cheese/walnut/honey. Makes my tummy happy.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:56 AM

1,198 posts, read 666,104 times
tonight I am making homemade seitan "nuggets" and side of roasted broccoli, along with a white bean garlic dip.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:24 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,319,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
FINALLY having the falafel. Was going to make it and our Safeway had no dried garbanzos.

Got them, soaked them over night and they are in the oven. Better be good.

Serving on whole wheat naan (didn't make it, my baking is iffy at best), tahini sauce, greek yogurt, arugula, tomatoes, and peperonicinis, with a side of cucumber/tomato salad with red wine vinegar.

I'm baking instead of frying, not soooo much for health reasons, I'm lazy and don't want to clean up the mess.
I finally found the frozen falafel at Trader Joe's. I plan to have that tonight on a wrap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food