Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 09:34 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,566,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Liquor licenses in MD are generally a County issue following state guidelines. That's why some Counties have liquor sales in groceries and convenience stores while others don't.

I don't know if this is still the case but at one time not so long ago in Anne Arundel County only one license could be granted to a business entity. So a company like TGIF could have as many restaurants as it wanted to open but only one could serve alcohol.
I have never understood why MD, being as liberal as it professes, has restrictions on liquor but tobacco is widely available. I don't drink so my interest as a consumer is minimal but I do see the value with recapturing the tax dollars spent on alcohol in VA and DC. I heard there have been discussion in Annapolis and the to relax the current law but don't know for sure when or if that will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 09:58 AM

712 posts, read 1,093,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBro82 View Post

But the Harris Teeter in Bowie having a gas station is odd.. Never known for one to have a gas station component,plus it doesnt make sense since a Shell station is right on the property as well..
Yea, the owner of that Shell station opposed the overall project but did try to convince them to build the store without the gas station.

Bowie pledges nearly $1 million to secure Marketplace redevelopment -- Gazette.Net

Old 02-25-2015, 05:08 PM

469 posts, read 550,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I see both of you don't care much about facts ,really ,you compare Whole Foods ,MGM Grand to a Dave and Buster's .You have proven my point , many of the places you named are on the boarders of other county's an in MGM case another state ,again PGC is not a good place for certain small business's .

So Dave & Busters is consider a small business? Ur trying way to hard. MGM boarders what other County? Unless you counting the Potomac? LOL. What does Wegmens & New Whole food border? I"m beyond confused.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:13 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
So Dave & Busters is consider a small business? Ur trying way to hard. MGM boarders what other County? Unless you counting the Potomac? LOL. What does Wegmens & New Whole food border? I"m beyond confused.

I see that ,where in the post did I say MGM borderd a county,I said one even borders a state ,that would be VA
Yes , compare how many customers go through a Whole Food or a Wegmans in a day ,week ,month or year to D&B and I bet you have a much higher customer count .

Old 02-27-2015, 06:46 PM

490 posts, read 924,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
LMAO why do u think you being from Montgomery county makes u high class? LMAO. The same people writing racial slurs on the black women garage when she moved into Chevy Chase? Please. I doubt u live anywhere near Bethesda or Potomac, u probably share an apartment rental in Wheaton somewhere lol. Ur mad because they chose PG over Silver Spring? U had one in Wheaton and it FAILED, so maybe MOCO residents aren't as "High class" as u think lol

Lol your funny thinking a person has to be from those particular areas to be well off......Please take a drive to Darnestown, Clarksburg, Gaithersburg (Kentlands/Lakelands) South Germantown, West Rockville (towards Rockville Town Square/Kings Farm/Fallsgrove area), North Potomac.. do some research on Montgomery County and you'll see you don't have to live in Bethesda, Potomac, and Chevy Chase to be very comfortable

FYI I LIVE IN LEAMAN FARMS (South Germantown) look it up... so please STOP and smack yourself

Old 02-27-2015, 07:20 PM

490 posts, read 924,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I see that ,where in the post did I say MGM borderd a county,I said one even borders a state ,that would be VA
Yes , compare how many customers go through a Whole Food or a Wegmans in a day ,week ,month or year to D&B and I bet you have a much higher customer count .

G1 everything you stated I 100% agree with....they will see for themselves that D&B will NOT last.....I'm going to say it one more time give it 2 years. It will be fights that will ruin it for everyone!!.....I think what a lot of people are forgetting D&B was doing GREAT at White Flint Mall....It was Investor that wanted residential/retail and a new style for North Bethesda (with upcoming Pike and Rose developments). Do your research and you'll see D&B didn't want to leave the mall (they were forced out)......

Old 03-02-2015, 05:00 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,564,829 times
There are lots of expensive real estate in Silver Spring and Takoma Park and LOTS of upper midde and upper class people. Silver Spring and Takoma Park are crazy diverse both ethnically and economically. You have poor, low income, working class, middle class, and affluent and then AA, white, Jews, Hispanics, Asians, Ethiopians, west Africans, aliens lol.

Montgomery county doesn't really have hoods compared to D.C., PG county, and Baltimore city. The few hoods MoCo has are just working class and middle class areas/apartment complexes that have hood elements but not dangerous. 88 (Piney Branch and Carroll ave down to Flower ave area), Maple ave (the high rises), Houston ave, 650 Lockwood (White Oak, the apartment complexes along Lockwood drive), 38 (Castle Blvd in Briggs Chaney), Tobytown in Potomac, Lincoln Park in East Rockville, 108 in Olney, Bel Pre in Aspen Hill, Hampshire Towers, Rosemary 88, that's the MoCo hoods I know of.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:45 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
There are lots of expensive real estate in Silver Spring and Takoma Park and LOTS of upper midde and upper class people. Silver Spring and Takoma Park are crazy diverse both ethnically and economically. You have poor, low income, working class, middle class, and affluent and then AA, white, Jews, Hispanics, Asians, Ethiopians, west Africans, aliens lol.

Montgomery county doesn't really have hoods compared to D.C., PG county, and Baltimore city. The few hoods MoCo has are just working class and middle class areas/apartment complexes that have hood elements but not dangerous. 88 (Piney Branch and Carroll ave down to Flower ave area), Maple ave (the high rises), Houston ave, 650 Lockwood (White Oak, the apartment complexes along Lockwood drive), 38 (Castle Blvd in Briggs Chaney), Tobytown in Potomac, Lincoln Park in East Rockville, 108 in Olney, Bel Pre in Aspen Hill, Hampshire Towers, Rosemary 88, that's the MoCo hoods I know of.
This is not even remotely related to the topic. I mean I tried to make the connection, but couldn't. What does this have to do with Dave & Busters or retail?

Old 03-02-2015, 07:55 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,564,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
This is not even remotely related the topic. I mean I tried to make the connection, but couldn't. What does this have to do with Dave & Busters or retail?
Certain posters on this.thread have been making this into a MoCo vs PG battle.... and has been taking shots at MoCo when they live in crappy Capitol Heights.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 AM

469 posts, read 550,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
Lol your funny thinking a person has to be from those particular areas to be well off......Please take a drive to Darnestown, Clarksburg, Gaithersburg (Kentlands/Lakelands) South Germantown, West Rockville (towards Rockville Town Square/Kings Farm/Fallsgrove area), North Potomac.. do some research on Montgomery County and you'll see you don't have to live in Bethesda, Potomac, and Chevy Chase to be very comfortable

FYI I LIVE IN LEAMAN FARMS (South Germantown) look it up... so please STOP and smack yourself
and you delusional thinking that a house in any of those areas trumps a equally fabulous one on waterfront property in Fort Washington. or one on beautiful rural farm land in Upper Marlboro. Maybe YOU should get out of MOCO and drive through other parts of Maryland lol. Do u think only nice neighborhoods exist in Montgomery County? BTW Your neighbor Howard County is the wealthiest county in Maryland and has been for a while not Montgomery county. So if anyone should be bragging it should be them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland