Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 07:05 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
People's addiction to the sun. When you are living in a sunny to somewhat sunny climate and it's cloudy for a couple of days and people act like it's a crisis that they didn't see the sun for 48 hours and start talking about how they are TERRIBLY depressed and how horrible it is that there are all those AWFUL clouds.

Ugh. Who the he!! wants it sunny constantly? Or even sunny most of the time? Don't you know that evil eye in the sky causes cataracts, wrinkles and melanoma?
Amen!

Old 08-06-2017, 07:11 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
People preferring hot weather over cold, especially during the winter time. We get all these northerners who come down here and go on about how great this heat and humidity is in the middle of December. But they're the first to cry when it actually does get cold.
What's even more annoying is when we've had literally months (or even years) of near constant above average weather, especially in fall/winter recently, and we get a cold snap that lasts two days and you hear endless idiots bitching about how "cold" it is.

Seriously? Can't handle a couple of nights in the 40s after having all of December with highs in the 80s and lows around 70? I swear I hate people down here.

Also in 2015 we were having a very dry summer (especially early summer), we were even in the "exceptional drought" category, we would get a couple of days with thunderstorms and endless moaning about the rain that we desperately need would commence.

I'll never really understand why some people need it to be absolutely perfect all the time and if not it's the end of the ****ing world.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:14 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
People's addiction to the sun. When you are living in a sunny to somewhat sunny climate and it's cloudy for a couple of days and people act like it's a crisis that they didn't see the sun for 48 hours and start talking about how they are TERRIBLY depressed and how horrible it is that there are all those AWFUL clouds.

Ugh. Who the he!! wants it sunny constantly? Or even sunny most of the time? Don't you know that evil eye in the sky causes cataracts, wrinkles and melanoma?

Another one is something I see up here in the snowbelt of all places and that is people crying about the snow when it falls and moaning about how it's terrible. Are they serious? I can see (but not fully understand) someone complaining about snow if they live in an area that generally doesn't get it...but come on, the annual average here is around 10 feet so it seems kind of a given that there is going to be snow--lots of it--every year. Why do they stay here if they are just gonna fuss over the weather? Go move to somewhere dry and sunny if ya don't like snow and clouds...ha ha
Who wants it sunny constantly? Why, me...

Old 08-06-2017, 07:20 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
Quote:

Those who want it constantly sunny or constantly cloudy are not "normal" to me, anyway.

A bit of both is always acceptable.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:23 PM

40-50% sunshine is about ideal IMO. Still a good mix, but more cloud. That's perfect. Miami is way too sunny of a climate for me.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:34 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
People preferring hot weather over cold, especially during the winter time. We get all these northerners who come down here and go on about how great this heat and humidity is in the middle of December. But they're the first to cry when it actually does get cold.
I'd be pretty pissed if I visited Florida to escape the cold and it was cold there. It's all relative of course, your cold isn't cold to me, "cool" at best, but it's still not what I'd like to see on a trip away from NYC in the winter.

It'd be completely different if I lived there though, a night or two in the 30's or 40's is nothing, and this is coming from someone who absolutely hates the cold.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:47 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,952,726 times
People who want like 20 thunderstorms a month in summer. Good luck doing anything productive

Old 08-06-2017, 08:03 PM

Thunderstorms are fun and keep things nice and lush during summer. Rain is pretty necessary during the summer. I have the opposite annoyance: people who need like 99.8% sunshine in the summer. What's appealing about excessive dryness and brown vegetation in the summer? To each their own though, everybody has their tastes and preferences.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:21 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,494,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
People who want like 20 thunderstorms a month in summer. Good luck doing anything productive
Couldn't rep you but I'd agree. I like thunderstorms so about one a week would be good to keep things interesting. Otherwise, make it dry and sunny so I can go outside when ever the h*ll I want without having to worry about rain. Also, low humidity is more comfortable to me. My ideal climate is semi arid and I find forests and greenery to be incredibly boring so I'm not into the "rain keeps the plants green" thing.

To each their own though. If you love thunderstorms and rain most days, who cares.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:27 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,952,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Thunderstorms are fun and keep things nice and lush during summer. Rain is pretty necessary during the summer. I have the opposite annoyance: people who need like 99.8% sunshine in the summer. What's appealing about excessive dryness and brown vegetation in the summer? To each their own though, everybody has their tastes and preferences.
Hey man, I try to allow for at least 2 or 3 a month in my dream climate

Even having 0 rain all month would kill me. You need something to keep it exciting, although like 85% sun in summer months is my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelernation71 View Post
Couldn't rep you but I'd agree. I like thunderstorms so about one a week would be good to keep things interesting. Otherwise, make it dry and sunny so I can go outside when ever the h*ll I want without having to worry about rain. Also, low humidity is more comfortable to me. My ideal climate is semi arid and I find forests and greenery to be incredibly boring so I'm not into the "rain keeps the plants green" thing.

To each their own though. If you love thunderstorms and rain most days, who cares.
Some desert vegetation is pretty cool anyway, and the idea of sunny weather in summer is just too good to pass up for 3 weeks of storms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.