Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:34 PM

83 posts, read 357,385 times

Advertisements

I agree with you, even though I now live in California I am from North Dakota and have been in 42 below weather. Try changing a flat tire in that weather Ha Ha
But I hate hot weather too and hot weather makes people stupid and lazy. Look at all the countries in the northern hemisphere all the famous, smart and important people that come from there
Look at MOST of the countries in the southern hemisphere, still living in grass huts and eating ants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 02:22 PM

364 posts, read 527,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I don't tolerate any extreme temp! I hate the heat! Plain and simple! You can't do anything when it's hot outside; too hot to garden or swim or hike. I reached 50 here yesterday and as soon as the sun hit me, I started to sweat! Oh did I mention that I usually burn in the sun within minutes no matter the amount of sun screen!

On the flip side, I hate hate hate the extreme cold, where your fingers freeze with in 15 minutes of exposure. I don't wear coats either, which makes it hard for me in the winter. When it gets cold here in MI, like 20 or lower, I don't wear a coat, gloves, or hat; I just grin and bear it and pray for spring to show up soon!

My ideal weather is fall-like! anywhere from 65-45 is great for me!!! Don't think there's anywhere like that in the U.S, though!
I agree, I love fall!! Overall I prefer the colder weather. And the cold weather attire. Love boots and cute scarfs. I have twice as much cold weather gear. After some heat and hurricanes it was not hard to convince my fiance to list our Florida home on the market. Just too bad the market sucks. I enjoy outdoor cardio and cannot do it over mid 70's. I sweat, get light headed and just feel miserable. May, June, July, Aug, Sept and even most Octobers are too hot to do anything outside. And like JenM I have Michigan blood. People say after your away from the cold you build a tolerance for heat. I have not and will never!

Old 03-13-2007, 07:48 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,811,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
And like JenM I have Michigan blood. People say after your away from the cold you build a tolerance for heat. I have not and will never!
Same as me; I live in the north and find anything approaching 50 F brisk and often annoying, but I can do anything I want at 90 F.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:54 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
I don't wear coats either, which makes it hard for me in the winter. When it gets cold here in MI, like 20 or lower, I don't wear a coat, gloves, or hat; I just grin and bear it and pray for spring to show up soon!

[/quote]

Why don't you wear a coat when it's cold?

Old 03-13-2007, 09:05 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times
I don't wear a coat 'til it hits about 20 degrees, unless it's windy. However today was absolutely gorgeous at 58 degrees! Tomorrow back in the 40s, next day 30s, but alas, it is Minnesota and technically still winter...until next week! My wife and I will be celebrating our anniversary on the 21st...first full day of spring! 9 years! And she still loves me. Pray for her, really!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:26 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
While I don't like frigid weather, I've never been all that bothered by the cold and I'd rather it too cold than too hot. heat and sun affect me much more quickly than cold, I hate having to slather on the sunscreen (I'm very fair skinned and burn easily) and those awful sun and heat related headaches I get in the summer (that I've gotten ever since I was a child, when my mom used to find me laying on top of the cooler in the shade when we'd go to the beach). Suffice to say, I prefer cooler climates over warmer.

However, unlike some sorts, I own and wear plenty of wool coats, scarfs, gloves and have lots of stylish winter attire (my summer attire needs a bit of help though, I've never really been a huge fan of summer fashions and it shows in my wardrobe). I've even been known to pull out that lovely vintage fur someone gave me on a truly frigid day (despite my personal misgivings on fur).

Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
Numb fingers, having difficulty buckling your seat belt over your large bulky coat, back-breaking snow shoveling, car batteries dying, having to wake up earlier to warm up the car and get suitably dressed, dried snot caking over chapped lips, manly appendages retreating into a practically inverted state...

Yeah, not a big fan of the cold at the moment. I can tolerate it during Winter but my tolerance wears off quickly. I prefer hot to cold. Cold's one advantage is one I'm experiencing right now, which is that I enjoy bundling up under the covers at night, and hate going to sleep while hot. There's not quite as rude of an awakening as to wake up in a puddle of your own sweat. Well, maybe a puddle of another sort....but still, it's nasty.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:25 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,680,497 times
The more clothes you have to wear over each other, the tackier you look...that's my reason for not liking cold weather

Old 03-14-2007, 08:52 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,811,439 times
My skin can burn if I don't wear sunscreen, like SPF15. But as far as heat goes 100 F is nothing to me. It's like how hard is it to stand in front of an oven, a camp fire or a hot stove. It seems the heat doesn't usually saturate me; it often passes through me or around me instead.

I wear a coat, or at least a heavy sweater with gloves when it gets to 54 F, usually.
Since our annual average temp is only 45 F, I need to wear one most of the year,
not just in winter and it gets annoying.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:55 PM

364 posts, read 527,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofbess View Post
The more clothes you have to wear over each other, the tackier you look...that's my reason for not liking cold weather
The tackiest people I see are in the summer. Usually overweight and/or generally unattractive people wearing just bikinis into a grocery store. Sometimes no shoes. If your lucky flip flops. Maybe maybe maybe some teeny tiny shorts. And they are sweating and sometimes have BO. Common occurrance in Florida with tourists. And the locals... think it is hedious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather