Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2011, 12:17 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird100 View Post
That's encouraging facts, thanks !

We are planning to spend more and more time in S FL, so a relatively safer city is one of the criteria.

A lot of Canadians, mostly from Ontario & Quebec, have been spending their winters in Central & South Florida. If it was so scary why would tens of thousands of them leave Ontario & Quebec for Central & South FL year after year !
As a side note, I would like to endorse the posts of TriMT7. Always good information, no BS. ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 12:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
That's encouraging facts, thanks !

We are planning to spend more and more time in S FL, so a relatively safer city is one of the criteria.
Based on your posts, I think you would definitely be more comfortable in the north county areas I suggested then... and you'll be closer to the water than Wellington or Royal Palm Beach (which are also fine areas). Focus on Jupiter, Tequesta, Juno Beach, Palm Beach Gardens. A bit less congested than south county as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird100
A lot of Canadians, mostly from Ontario & Quebec, have been spending their winters in Central & South Florida. If it was so scary why would tens of thousands of them leave Ontario & Quebec for Central & South FL year after year !
You're telling me! Last weekend I was driving on I-95 and it felt like literally every other car had a Quebec license plate!

Old 11-23-2011, 12:45 PM

584 posts, read 1,688,881 times
It is apparent to me that some posters who lived in the bad neighbourhoods in WPB or who were not contented with where they are living/lived, and claimed the entire WPB as the most dangerous city in the States or posted something like "I will run away from WPB" ... or something like that !

Do they really want to scare away all visitors or snowbirds or what ?

Visitors/snowbirds are part of the economy of Florida though ! I hope that this thread, at least up to this post, clears up the myth about WPB being the "most dangerous city" in the States.

But that really scared me at the beginning when people claimed WPB was the most dangerous city in the States. It was like spending 6 months in a city (WPB/area/Fort Lauderdale/area) worst than Detroit !!!! It just doesn't make sense to me at all !

SB100

Last edited by Snowbird100; 11-23-2011 at 01:01 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Based on your posts, I think you would definitely be more comfortable in the north county areas I suggested then... and you'll be closer to the water than Wellington or Royal Palm Beach (which are also fine areas). Focus on Jupiter, Tequesta, Juno Beach, Palm Beach Gardens. A bit less congested than south county as well.

You're telling me! Last weekend I was driving on I-95 and it felt like literally every other car had a Quebec license plate!
Oh yeah, Quebecois love WPB/PBCounty and area and Fort Lauderdale/area.

I wonder if it is the effect of Celine Dion

Old 11-23-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
As a side note, I would like to endorse the posts of TriMT7. Always good information, no BS. ...
I know that, TriMT7 always gives unbiased info about WPB/area.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:

Perhaps! She used to live in Jupiter (Admiral's Cove neighborhood).... she now lives on Jupiter Island, just down the road from Tiger Woods. She was actually criticized in the news because of the water park like structure she built on her property!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:04 PM

I know, I read news about Celine being criticized for using ... too much water on the island

Then the county approved her application to dig 4 wells to run her ... water park

Old 11-24-2011, 07:26 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:

Québécois have been going to that area in the winter since before Céline was born, so she might actually be there *as a result* of that established migration pattern, not the other way around.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Québécois have been going to that area in the winter since before Céline was born, so she might actually be there *as a result* of that established migration pattern, not the other way around.
I know, I was just kidding

Old 11-24-2011, 11:46 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
I know, I was just kidding
Although one thing I *do* hear a lot is people saying they want to travel to Vegas to see Céline. And Cirque du Soleil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach