Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:32 PM

919 posts, read 1,783,171 times

Advertisements

My buddy worked his way through grad school as a bouncer, he was 6'2" 320lbs, benched over 400, ex football player, all that. His main employers were strip clubs. He absolutely HATED working with strippers. The main reason he was hired wasn't to keep peace with the guys, it was to try to keep the girls from killing each other. He had some of the most amazing stories of catty, childish nonsense that the dancers engaged in and it drove him nuts. Now given that he was working with women who for the most part had some SERIOUS problems it stood to reason he would have problems. But now he's working for a utility company, and he asked to placed in an outdoor job where he doesn't have to deal with female employees at all. He was telling me that having to manage any number of women was too much, he took a pay cut to get away from it and just be by himself, fixing things, but he's happy again. I told him he had PTSD from the strippers and he agrees....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 01:37 PM

994 posts, read 1,832,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I never felt the presence of a "brotherhood" when hanging around other men. I always felt somewhat different, in fact. Always had a strange time connecting with other guys in a friendship sense. Maybe it's because I'm gay.
It might be because you are gay and I am not trying to be offensive just honest. Possibly because you don't feel there is anyone like you on that side of the group? I mean if I was in an office where there were just six of us and they were all gay except for me, I would probably not feel as comfortable with them and different, and it has nothing to do because they are gay, it just comes down to the fact that I would the minority of a very homogenous group.

To be honest, but I thought you might be gay when you first said that you hate working with men and your reasons for it. I mean I don't know what goes down in your office and how they treat you, but from what I have seen, the general consensus is usually men are easier to work with than women.

I am just curious what topics do you like talking about? I am sure there is something that you could talk to them about.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:42 PM

994 posts, read 1,832,351 times
I'll never forget, my dad once had to manage in office of like 10 women and 5 men. He said all the men were great to work with, it was most of the women that were a pain in the ass. They were catty. There was even one incident where one woman got so mad at another one that when the other one went to lunch she grabbed her coat and a pair of scissors and started cutting her jacket all over. The other one got back, drama ensued and of course denial.

My father is now retired and he went to visit the person who replaced him as the director, who happens to be a woman and she has said the same. She has said that she can manage all the men but the women are a handful!

Old 05-10-2011, 03:13 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I'll never forget, my dad once had to manage in office of like 10 women and 5 men. He said all the men were great to work with, it was most of the women that were a pain in the ass. They were catty. There was even one incident where one woman got so mad at another one that when the other one went to lunch she grabbed her coat and a pair of scissors and started cutting her jacket all over. The other one got back, drama ensued and of course denial.

My father is now retired and he went to visit the person who replaced him as the director, who happens to be a woman and she has said the same. She has said that she can manage all the men but the women are a handful!
I hate working with women....catty bs! Most women who are in power are the worst...if women think you are a threat-kiss moving up goodbye. Not only that...someone is always crying.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I actually hated working with women. One wasn't bad but a group tends to start competing on sociall level. My wife actually aloso said she preferrred work with men.Many men i guess like the drama but I can live without that between women ;myself.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:15 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
LOL..........."young buck".....just keep working long enough and you'll realize.......gals and guys and equally "painful" to work with. Don't fool yourself.

It's all about you...that's what it sounds like!

I love sports, my boss and I talk sports for our entire shift..

Go Bulls and Redwings!!

Quote:
I am a 26 year old male and much prefer working with women over men. From my experience, men tend to have more egos and lack any sort of emotion whatsoever. All they want to talk about is sports, and I HATE sports! I don't know anything or care about anything related to sports. I can have better conversations with women about life in general. Of course, that's not to say all men are like that. There are exceptions. For example, my department consists of 9 men (including myself) and 6 women. Of the 9 men, I only really connect well with about 3 of them. Of the women, I connect well with all of them. Is something wrong with me? Or do other people have the same experiences working with men?

Again, the primary reason I hate working with men is that they want to talk about sports 100% of the time, and it pisses me off.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:35 AM

985 posts, read 1,854,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Don't talk about your personal life, and definitely NOT politics.
We are a small group of 2 men and 2 women. We talk about anything, including our personal lives and politics. However we never talk about sports.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,960,503 times
It just happend again today while I was at the printer. A manager asked me if I saw the basketball game last night. I said no and I know nothing about sports, sorry. He's like "REALLY?" Like it's forbidden to not like sports. American society is pathetic with its overemphasis on sports. I couldn't care less about watching some men running around in a field fighting over a ball.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
Quote:
It just happend again today while I was at the printer. A manager asked me if I saw the basketball game last night. I said no and I know nothing about sports, sorry. He's like "REALLY?" Like it's forbidden to not like sports. American society is pathetic with its overemphasis on sports. I couldn't care less about watching some men running around in a field fighting over a ball.
Hey guy, let it go...........why don't you go hang with the gals when they go shoe shopping.

Just because YOU don't like sports, the makes us all pathetic.

As I said before: It's all about you.

Seriously.......you did not see The Bulls game last night?

How about the Redwings.....they forced a game 7.....you missed a good one.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:25 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,960,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Hey guy, let it go...........why don't you go hang with the gals when they go shoe shopping.

Just because YOU don't like sports, the makes us all pathetic.

As I said before: It's all about you.

Seriously.......you did not see The Bulls game last night?

How about the Redwings.....they forced a game 7.....you missed a good one.
I don't like shoes or shopping either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment