Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:34 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
I agree. I hate all the gossip and backstabbing. Another thing I can't stand is that most women never want to drop an issue. Every disagreement has to drag on and on, and every molehill has to turn into a mountain.

I'd rather work with 100 men than one woman.
As much as I hate working with women, I will admit that the group of ladies that are currently in our office (barring a few here and there) are some o the best chicks I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Of course, part of that ma be that they don't take crap from anyone. No cattiness, if they have a problem they talk to you and it's over. Then we go out for beers later. I suppose were more like guys and that may be why we get along so well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 01:15 PM

298 posts, read 389,972 times
Is the OP a transsexual? How could a real man not stand to be around other men?

Old 05-11-2011, 01:34 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
I was thinking the same thing. What does he do at the office gatherings when all the guys are hanging together?

Old 05-11-2011, 01:36 PM

59 posts, read 46,453 times
I can't relate to guys that don't watch/like sports.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:37 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,974,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
The OP has mentioned that he was homosexual in other threads. It depends on his personality, since all homosexuals are not the same (some are more macho than others).

Old 05-11-2011, 02:43 PM

994 posts, read 1,832,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
It just happend again today while I was at the printer. A manager asked me if I saw the basketball game last night. I said no and I know nothing about sports, sorry. He's like "REALLY?" Like it's forbidden to not like sports. American society is pathetic with its overemphasis on sports. I couldn't care less about watching some men running around in a field fighting over a ball.
I think the real issue is you. I mean women at my work, all they talk about is clothes or celebrities and gossip. I hate talking about those subjects, but it doesn't mean I hate working with women. I don't participate in those conversations but when I can find something to chat about I do.

So you don't like working with men because all they do is talk about sports?! Really? That's an issue to you? In the scope of things, your issue is real pathetic. There are tons of other workers with more serious coworker issues, yet the fact the men at your work talk sports all the time has convinced you that you hate to work with men. Sounds like your are one of the four 1)Just whiney 2) too sensitive 3)too self absorbed 4) Not getting as much attention from the men as you would like or all of the four combined.

So fine you don't like sports, but I am sure the millions of people around the world that love sports are not pathetic. Yes, most other countries like in Latin America and Europe put an overemphasis in soccer. Us Americans aren't the only 'pathetic' ones. So it is part of the culture. Part of the culture that you don't like, that's fine, but I think you really come off as real whiney. I suggest you revaluate what the real issue is here, because I don't think it's about your coworkers talking about sports.

I mean what are some topics you would like to talk about?

Old 05-11-2011, 03:07 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,960,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I think the real issue is you. I mean women at my work, all they talk about is clothes or celebrities and gossip. I hate talking about those subjects, but it doesn't mean I hate working with women. I don't participate in those conversations but when I can find something to chat about I do.

So you don't like working with men because all they do is talk about sports?! Really? That's an issue to you? In the scope of things, your issue is real pathetic. There are tons of other workers with more serious coworker issues, yet the fact the men at your work talk sports all the time has convinced you that you hate to work with men. Sounds like your are one of the four 1)Just whiney 2) too sensitive 3)too self absorbed 4) Not getting as much attention from the men as you would like or all of the four combined.

So fine you don't like sports, but I am sure the millions of people around the world that love sports are not pathetic. Yes, most other countries like in Latin America and Europe put an overemphasis in soccer. Us Americans aren't the only 'pathetic' ones. So it is part of the culture. Part of the culture that you don't like, that's fine, but I think you really come off as real whiney. I suggest you revaluate what the real issue is here, because I don't think it's about your coworkers talking about sports.

Well it's not that I hate working with men. It's just that I hate how they only want to talk about sports most of the time. It makes me feel too different. I enjoy talking about pretty much anything other than sports. But I am not into sports or cars at all. I would rather talk about computers, technology, politics, traveling, working out, and many more topics. There are guys out there who enjoy those subjects as well.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
The OP has mentioned that he was homosexual in other threads. It depends on his personality, since all homosexuals are not the same (some are more macho than others).
I'm gay and I can't stand working around women. I know it's stereotyping, but it seems like all they do is chat and whine

Old 05-11-2011, 03:58 PM

and I'm not the macho type, either (but not that queeny )

Old 05-11-2011, 04:43 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
As I have mentioned in 2 of my posts.....he seems to think it's all about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment