Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:16 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times

Advertisements

That reminds me. There are certain people who get away with murder, but if you do one small thing, you hear about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 06:59 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota is cold View Post
TOO FUNNY!!!!!! LOVE IT...

At my work there are 9 women- only women- its the backstabbing gossip that bugs me the most. they are friendly to your face but watch out when you're not around. And NOONE or no subject is safe.. it's like its just for fun, ... gotta love a room full of women with low self esteem!
I call them the drama mama's of the office, hate office drama!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
There some people who like to gossip and start fights between other people, and then they stand back and act innocent like they didn't have anything to do with it.

There are also the paranoid people. There was one lady I worked with that would constantly say, "look at them, I know they're over there talking about me". She would say that to everyone, so apparently everyone was talking about her.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:14 PM

20 posts, read 61,353 times
Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
2 faced people. I forgot how stupid the office environment can be. Nice to your face then "did you see what Suzie was wearing today?"
Grow up--this is not first grade.

People who assume you should know what you are doing after being on the job a few days. People who compare you to 'old what's her name' who was awesome but never did another job in 25 years.

Gossip and 'she said' is my number one pet peeve. I have learned to 'say nothing' and 'trust no one.'
For real, fake a** people. I haven't found anyone at work like this, but you can usually tell who they are. They have this "HIII Suzy, How are youuuuu?" thing goin on.

I have taken a stance against gossip. If someone wants to gossip, I will just say Im not interested.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:18 PM

156 posts, read 609,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
People who stop by my office to chit-chat when I'm obviously fake typing on my computer in an effort to appear busy so they keep moving. Take the hint-I DON'T WANT TO GET STUCK IN SOME STUPID CONVERSATION WITH YOU-KEEP MOVING!!!
Oh, that's good, regarese, too much! I've been way too compliant, and I can't believe I've never THOUGHT about using that fake typing trick! Definitely what I'm going to have to use.

Thanks for the unintended tip.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
These are sooo funny! I had to delete mine for fear it was so specific I'd be found out and someone would cry (probably me and the person I was referring to) let me just say I'm glad I am not the only one who is so annoyed by rude, super loud, interrupitive talkers who constantly feel the need to add to that by using speaker phone at all times!
Well, I did have a chance to quick-read it, and it was v. funny, so thx. for the comic relief! (Actually, maybe it was a good idea to've deleted that, b/c you're right, I s'pose the specifics could potentially hurt s.one else. That was thoughtful.)

Old 03-31-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I had to laugh b/c the same thing goes on at my work.....people eating other people's food out of the fridge. I understand if you're hungry, but at least ask first! They even talked about putting cameras in the break room.

The thing that bugs me the most are co-workers who are always running back to higher authority to make themselves look better. (at least trying) They blow it out of proportion when they do it also. "Did you see such and such mess up, they really caused a big problem.....blah,blah,blah" If you saw something happen, it would've been easier to go to your co-worker and say hey, I noticed you did this, just be careful next time. They stir things up in the office and it makes you feel like you're constantly walking on egg shells. Chill out!!!
My mom used to always tell me growing up that people like that always get their comeuppance someday. So, until they do chill out, it'll come back and bite 'em in the .... not that we're over here cheering or anything....

Old 03-31-2008, 09:32 PM

355 posts, read 2,403,139 times
I agree with the other poster---breathe!! My co-workers get on my nerves!

And talk about their personal lives!! My biggest pet peeve! I don't care about your divorce, your kids, what you're doing after work--leave it out of the workplace! Too much personal drama, I have enough of my own. I hate being surrounded by people who air their dirty laundry & don't seem to care that other people around them could care less! It's called your personal life for a reason & it doesn't belong at work.

Ugh, I hate the office environment!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:49 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving-to-AZ View Post

Ugh, I hate the office environment!!!
It's not only the office environment, it's the same way everywhere from factories to Wal-Mart.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:49 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
What I hate is when I am trying to enjoy my meal and read the paper or watch TV in the break room,others are talking really loud,laughing at nonsense and and all gathered up in a circle elbow to elbows watching each other eat,lunch break is my time to take it easy and not hear people being annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment