Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 08:37 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,548,762 times

Advertisements

Tough movie review! I think.

Quote:
Rewriting a script by "Planet of the Apes" rebooters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, Little Mo Connolly and Trevorrow have done further as they may. however that their sensibility is gift solely round the edges tells you everything you would like to understand regarding however the strain of tent-pole filmmaking create any reasonably real originality devilishly tough.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:47 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,639,442 times
From a conversation thread about Donald Trump running for president:

Trump will announce what........that he's an idiot? shows how much you know....he is actually quit intelligent, especially when it comes to addition and subtraction. He doesn't need anyone...he's rich all by himself, so he won't be in bed with the corporations or special interest groups....period! I believe a lot of people are intimidated by him and jealous b/c he knows how to work the system...is he shrud, of course he is...but a whole lot more intelligent then Jebb Bush.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:38 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Ooh, I'll take an eclair please.
Good choice, since it qualifies as foreign.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:25 PM

19,139 posts, read 25,356,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
From a conversation thread about Donald Trump running for president:

Trump will announce what........that he's an idiot? shows how much you know....he is actually quit intelligent, especially when it comes to addition and subtraction. He doesn't need anyone...he's rich all by himself, so he won't be in bed with the corporations or special interest groups....period! I believe a lot of people are intimidated by him and jealous b/c he knows how to work the system...is he shrud, of course he is...but a whole lot more intelligent then Jebb Bush.
In addition to the tortured English usage, the person who posted that gem is incorrect about Mr. Trump being "rich all by himself".

In reality, he inherited tens of millions of dollars from his father--who was truly a self-made man.
Little Trump declared bankruptcy multiple times after inheriting--and squandering on ill-conceived schemes--much of the seed money that he gained when his father died.

In my book, he is not exactly the financial genius that he portrays himself to be, but at least he will provide a wealth of fodder for comedians for the next year or so.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:39 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,548,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
In addition to the tortured English usage, the person who posted that gem is incorrect about Mr. Trump being "rich all by himself".

In reality, he inherited tens of millions of dollars from his father--who was truly a self-made man.
Little Trump declared bankruptcy multiple times after inheriting--and squandering on ill-conceived schemes--much of the seed money that he gained when his father died.

In my book, he is not exactly the financial genius that he portrays himself to be, but at least he will provide a wealth of fodder for comedians for the next year or so.

... And his hair is shrud, dude!

Old 06-16-2015, 07:49 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,888,293 times
Quote:
...In my book, he is not exactly the financial genius that he portrays himself to be...
Yeah - what's $9 Billion in assets these days.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:05 AM

Quote:

Oh, yeah.....there's a whole juicy thread over in the Politics section on Mr.Trump, fully staffed with Trump lovers (or perhaps Lovers of Trump is better?) who think he has all the answers and can turn the country around. You should check it out!

Old 06-17-2015, 12:13 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,080,080 times
I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read this a moment ago in the Relationships forum. I surely would have spit all over my monitor!

We would have a stale mate.

Here's another. Same thread, different poster.

live with them at least a year before you propose...pleaee..single men...don't become castrated/neutered unichs

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:30 PM

Another one from the 'Donald Trump for President' thread:

My point is, Trump may not be your down to earth average likeable Sunday go to meeting guy....but when it comes to him cutting to the chaise, in the least expensive way, he will do so. As far as him charism with Foreign policies....I'm so glad someone finally has the nerve to say no to them.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:41 PM

19,139 posts, read 25,356,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
My point is, Trump may not be your down to earth average likeable Sunday go to meeting guy....but when it comes to him cutting to the chaise, in the least expensive way, he will do so. As far as him charism with Foreign policies....I'm so glad someone finally has the nerve to say no to them.
As I recline in my chaise longue (No, it's not "chaise lounge" ), I just have to ask...What does "charism with foreign policies" refer to?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.