Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:22 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,547,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I had always heard that if you want to take some off-the-wall to court, go to California and you'd probably win...

I cannot believe a state with all those people has such a deficit,... 4.4 billion in raised taxes!!! Would think with all moving into the state, they would be making more and have a surplus to work with...I wonder if they have audits on expenses being charged back to the state that aren't "necessary".....that could be interesting....
The actual deficit is almost 3 times that amount and getting worse. The plan is to cut an equal amount from the budget. The problem is they won't collect as much as they're planning most people will spend less or not visit California because of the high taxes.

No wonder Notrees comes here. He probably feels miserable about it and want us to join him in his misery. I almost feel sorry for him, ..., not!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:28 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Yikes...just yikes.

Of course I've been lurking, Barkely, don't we all...it's a train wreck, though I haven't read the whole mess and most likely won't.

And here I've been accused of criminal activity...sweet! I'll tell you what, Starlite, you'll never know whether I've got a P.O. Box in SE or whether I've had one for 25 years; whether I got the pfd or whether I didn't bother---because those things are none of your business. Why you seem to be so obsessed with my personal life is beyond me; you need to get over it. Your propensity to make wild accusations and then act as the person owes you some sort of explanation is a bore, by the way. No one here owes you a thing, particular information about their personal lives, so get off it, because you're coming off like the sick stalking freak that you very likely are.

As far as McCain supporters acting more gracious that Obama ones...can't say I've seen that in real life or anywhere else, and something tells me it would be quite different if the outcome of the election had been otherwise. But that's all just conjecture. All I can say is that I wish I would have been there when a young man in Portland was roused from his schoolwork by the sounds of people celebrating in the streets and couldn't believe what he was seeing and hearing (because he had never seen this happen after a presidential election before).

I told him...son, it's going on all over the country, so get out onto the streets and celebrate with them, and be a part of history being made.

Back to semi-lurking now; carry on.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:20 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Met, lovely to hear from you again! Don't be put off by the thuggery of any herd. We have bigger fish to fry (like the convicted felon and the Neiman Marcus freeloader).

Just today I found out that an old buddy is now on the engineering school faculty at the University of Alaska at Fairbanks. That gives me a good excuse to cut a trip to Alaska next summer.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:09 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Met, lovely to hear from you again! Don't be put off by the thuggery of any herd. We have bigger fish to fry (like the convicted felon and the Neiman Marcus freeloader).

Just today I found out that an old buddy is now on the engineering school faculty at the University of Alaska at Fairbanks. That gives me a good excuse to cut a trip to Alaska next summer.
You are almost funny - "You" have bigger fish to fry in AK,when your state is in shambles with deficits and propositions...shame! Why do you care so much about Alaska's politics now, any self-righteous Californian should be focusing on the problems there wouldn't you think??? oh...forgot....

Wasn't the freeloading supposedly done on the GOP's dime? you should be glad, rejoicing, as that money could have been maybe better spent elsewhere..like campaigning against Obama..., or maybe McCain was allowed to be the GOP sacrificial lamb when full well knowing after the Bush regime and the last 8 years, the odds were going to be tough for a republican to win this election, just as a democrat after Clinton's run....

Maybe Palin will run in Stevens' slot and then she'll be in Washington after all.... Makes the heart warm and tingly with that thought doesn't it???

Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yikes...just yikes.

Of course I've been lurking, Barkely, don't we all...it's a train wreck, though I haven't read the whole mess and most likely won't.
I wouldn't bother. People seem to be drawing on their inner resolve to beat back the trolls though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
And here I've been accused of criminal activity...sweet! I'll tell you what, Starlite, you'll never know whether I've got a P.O. Box in SE or whether I've had one for 25 years; whether I got the pfd or whether I didn't bother---because those things are none of your business.
Why have a P.O. Box? Can't your mom forward your mail to you?

Old 11-06-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Maybe Palin will run in Stevens' slot and then she'll be in Washington after all.... Makes the heart warm and tingly with that thought doesn't it???
That would be political suicide for her to place herself or her husband temporarily in Steven's slot should he resign. That's what Murkowski did and was one of the things that brought him down. Running for the position would be another matter.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:50 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
That would be political suicide for her to place herself or her husband temporarily in Steven's slot should he resign. That's what Murkowski did and was one of the things that brought him down. Running for the position would be another matter.
That's what I meant AKCK - thanks for clarifying I don't think she would place hubby regardless (), all good women need a house-husband

Old 11-06-2008, 06:08 PM

25 posts, read 90,266 times
Default Beautiful Alaska

Ms. Palin is simply not qualified to be vice president. In fact, people who know tell me she had her greedy little hands full as mayor. And while on the subject of hands full do you think she purchased any nifty lingerie for her trysts with Brad Hanson, or not?.... The word is that Mr. Mc Cain is rueing the day he invited Ms. Palin onto his ticket. Her 'unworldliness' was bad enough, but her unbridled compulsion to go underneath Mr. Mc Cain for her own benefit should be alarming to all you wonderful folks in Alaska ! As well, just because Sen. Stevens 'brought home the bacon' over the years as some have posted the fact remains that given his position he's expected to be even cleaner than the average American, .... and he abused that position. People like Adolph Hitler brought home the pork as well. Come on Alaskans, you have the world spotlight on you finally. Don't fumble the ball ! Keep voting corrupt and ineffective politicians out of office ! --- 'Together we stand, divided we fall' .... Admiringly, PG

Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgvicar View Post
Ms. Palin is simply not qualified to be vice president. In fact, people who know tell me she had her greedy little hands full as mayor. And while on the subject of hands full do you think she purchased any nifty lingerie for her trysts with Brad Hanson, or not?.... The word is that Mr. Mc Cain is rueing the day he invited Ms. Palin onto his ticket. Her 'unworldliness' was bad enough, but her unbridled compulsion to go underneath Mr. Mc Cain for her own benefit should be alarming to all you wonderful folks in Alaska ! As well, just because Sen. Stevens 'brought home the bacon' over the years as some have posted the fact remains that given his position he's expected to be even cleaner than the average American, .... and he abused that position. People like Adolph Hitler brought home the pork as well. Come on Alaskans, you have the world spotlight on you finally. Don't fumble the ball ! Keep voting corrupt and ineffective politicians out of office ! --- 'Together we stand, divided we fall' .... Admiringly, PG
You know, if people brought anything of substance here, I might alter my views on the matter. So far all that has been brought are petty little "he said she said," or "I know someone who knows _______...," fill in the blank. I find it impressive that people who live outside, know so much more than the people who live here. Do you really think that we are that gullible to believe you?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
That's what I meant AKCK - thanks for clarifying I don't think she would place hubby regardless (), all good women need a house-husband
I thought you might have meant that, but I wanted to clarify so others wouldn't get teh wrong idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska