Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 07:35 PM

7,125 posts, read 12,661,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Thanks and good to be back with friends in healing. I've upped my Vit C to 3K daily and just ordered a bottle of zinc/copper combo from Solaray..I've been off zinc for a while and my old bottles are too old so waiting for the new supply. Don't forget the D3 too.

Heard an "expert" on this virus on NPR a while ago and he said the 4 important steps are firstly:

SLEEP
LOW STRESS
EXERCISE
GOOD NUTRITION

The the supplements as we use them.
Good to see you back Jamin...!

Agree, C and Zinc...and don't forget Vit. D.--so many of us are short on this--most especially in the winter when we're not out in the sun.

We need adequate D for a strong immune system.

I like Vit. E, too, for the good fats..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 07:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
I trust a doctor to tell me what is wrong and give some help in the healing process the rest is on me

Old 03-17-2020, 10:01 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,128,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I trust a doctor to tell me what is wrong and give some help in the healing process the rest is on me
I’ve known a couple of people who have done a Dr visit, found out what was wrong, then went to the vitamin store and bought herbs or vitamins to help clear up whatever they had. A naturopath visit would be easier, because that office would tell them what to buy. Anyway, whatever works best.

Old 04-17-2020, 04:14 PM

233 posts, read 155,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macyny View Post
"My friend, a retired Holistic dentist who never worked on me, told me that she knew of no patients who had a stroke that did not also have other serious dental issues...."

Well my mother died of a stoke at age 78. She had dentures since she was 40.
I think your Holistic dentist is obviously wrong.

Well you can think that if you want to, but she could have had an undiagnosed condition in her jaw

but you don't want to believe, then don't ! But it was true for me !

Old 04-18-2020, 03:48 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Well, for better of worse, I have had to find my own way to better health...........Doctors usually yawn, sneeeeeer and roll their eyes at me.

Old 04-18-2020, 08:30 PM

11,443 posts, read 625,479 times
And they do not have our best interest at heart! (Most anyway)

Old 04-18-2020, 08:33 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
I wouldn’t say I have lost any faith in western medicine, but since I got sick maybe a dozen years ago and the antibiotics gave me hives *all* over my body, I tend to avoid the doctor unless it’s really bad.

Old 04-18-2020, 10:53 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
And they do not have our best interest at heart! (Most anyway)
I have not found that to be true. The vast majority get a kick out of making people feel better, perhaps even saving their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I wouldn’t say I have lost any faith in western medicine, but since I got sick maybe a dozen years ago and the antibiotics gave me hives *all* over my body, I tend to avoid the doctor unless it’s really bad.
Why lose confidence in a doctor because you had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic?

Old 04-18-2020, 11:04 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I have not found that to be true. The vast majority get a kick out of making people feel better, perhaps even saving their lives.

Why lose confidence in a doctor because you had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic?
Just kind of a realization that unless it gets really out of my control, a doctor can make merely uncomfortable turn to semi-awful. But I’m a bit more biased against drugs, I suppose, than doctors or the rest of medicine as a whole. Mostly try to keep my immune system up and be comfortable when I get any minor illnesses.

If I break a bone or get a head injury, you bet I’m letting a hospital take care of that.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:18 PM

301 posts, read 164,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Do you think/feel you have a better understanding of your body and its heath than a doctor? Do you turn to alternative, herbs, diet, nutrition or supplements before seeking out a doctor's visit? If you doctor yourself, how has that worked out?
Yes, I do not do doctors anymore. They are quacks IMHO.
Doctors get a kick back for prescribing Pharmaceuticals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine