Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2020, 10:27 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
My taiwanese friends do not criticize China much.
Probably because they know how much of a wumao you are.

Or they do criticise China, just not in English.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:37 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Deported from where? I am an EU-citizen, I have the right to reside anywhere in the EU.

No you don't have any rights. You're reason there is anti-globalization. The UK did not want you and they left. You want an authoritarian government where everyone should obey.

Quote:
I am just way beyond the narrow mindset of the nationalist/patriotic mob.

You're right. You want to be big brother and you want everyone to love you just like the PRC. Well, you should overthrown just like Oceania.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:08 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It looks even more suspicious now that the Pentagon and the CIA are denying the report. Known facts contradict the report or cast suspicion of the role in the epidemic played by those leaking the report.

link

If the ABC report was accurate and no one else was really aware of the impending breakout of the disease, it looks like US intelligence played a role in it, whether it validates the claim by some Chinese that US military medical officers were involved in seeding the epidemic during the World Army Games.
Hm, hard to say as there are so many interests and nobody can be trusted anymore. People are making up news just like that, others are manipulating and distorting news, it's a mess.

The source of your link for instance is know for its strong Republican positions.

Someone should try to track the travel routes, stays, and the state of health of the American participants at the Wuhan military games. Maybe some of them were at the US research institute that develops bio weapons and makes experiments with bats and coronaviruses as well, just like the one in Wuhan.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
No you don't have any rights. You're reason there is anti-globalization. The UK did not want you and they left. You want an authoritarian government where everyone should obey.

You're right. You want to be big brother and you want everyone to love you just like the PRC. Well, you should overthrown just like Oceania.
You are simply wrong, proving once again your lack of knowledge. I do have the right to reside anywhere in the EU. The UK did want me, they offered me a job, actually, and I worked there for some time.
EU citizens are free to move anywhere within the EU, it is one of the pillars of the EU. Just like Americans are free to move to any state they want to.

I don't know what the second part even means. Are you drunk when you write here?

Old 04-10-2020, 09:28 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Hm, hard to say as there are so many interests and nobody can be trusted anymore. People are making up news just like that, others are manipulating and distorting news, it's a mess.

The source of your link for instance is know for its strong Republican positions.

Someone should try to track the travel routes, stays, and the state of health of the American participants at the Wuhan military games. Maybe some of them were at the US research institute that develops bio weapons and makes experiments with bats and coronaviruses as well, just like the one in Wuhan.
One cannot trust a single source. If you combine sources, they will provide contradictions. The original ABC report was really more focused on what the White House knew and when, rather than blaming China. This story fills in some of the inconsistencies as well as the denials by the government bodies. It's not unnamed sources giving denials.

Old 04-10-2020, 09:32 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
I have seen the word "wumao" come up several times on the forum lately. The first time I saw it i thought it was a typo. What exactly is a wumao?

Old 04-10-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I have seen the word "wumao" come up several times on the forum lately. The first time I saw it i thought it was a typo. What exactly is a wumao?
Kind of an attempted insult of people who do not participate in China-bashing or even defend China.

Old 04-10-2020, 03:18 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
"wu mao" literally means 50 cents in currency. Refers to internet commentators who are paid to post pro-Chinese goverment comments in internet forums by Chinese government authorities to shape, influence or manipulate public opinion.

In short, it's a pejorative to describe someone who has pro-Chinese government sentiments or ultra Chinese nationalist views.

Old 04-10-2020, 03:46 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:

How about a bit of common sense? The virus is not a bio-weapon. It was neither engineered in China nor the US. The US and China are each other’s largest trading partner. If one were to try and damage the other economically, it would directly affect the other. Plus, if I’m not mistaken, it’s already proven that the virus is naturally occurring.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:03 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
How about a bit of common sense? The virus is not a bio-weapon. It was neither engineered in China nor the US. The US and China are each other’s largest trading partner. If one were to try and damage the other economically, it would directly affect the other. Plus, if I’m not mistaken, it’s already proven that the virus is naturally occurring.
Yeah this is the guy that tries every trick in the book to try to divert from China's responsibility, including going back 200 years in history to say "but...but...the US did a bad trade deal 200 years ago".
Ignore him, he's simply up to his old tricks at misdirection. Seriously - put him on ignore. He offers nothing to this topic.

But, no I don't buy any of the conspiracy theories. Some Chinese hillbilly ate a diseased bat, simple as that. Then China did their usual thing of suppressing the seriousness of the event. We know that, that's what they do. Solution - get rid of the wet markets. But you are right however, no country can survive without the other. I am one of those people stuck in the middle - working for a European company with a global reach, with Chinese coworkers and colleagues. China and the US actually have more in common than different, because it's all about business in the end for both countries. Lots of people don't understand the links both countries have - be it expats (tens of thousands of Americans work in China), supply chains, factories, support structures. One just needs to know where the interest of China are and how they work. Once you understand that, no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia