Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2020, 07:56 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times

Advertisements

This is what the November outbreak was about. The unnamed sources disinformation report intentionally obscured the fact that this was going on and led people to think it was the coronavirus.

bubonic plague outbreak

Old 04-11-2020, 10:35 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,167,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah this is the guy that tries every trick in the book to try to divert from China's responsibility, including going back 200 years in history to say "but...but...the US did a bad trade deal 200 years ago".
Ignore him, he's simply up to his old tricks at misdirection. Seriously - put him on ignore. He offers nothing to this topic.

But, no I don't buy any of the conspiracy theories. Some Chinese hillbilly ate a diseased bat, simple as that. Then China did their usual thing of suppressing the seriousness of the event. We know that, that's what they do. Solution - get rid of the wet markets. But you are right however, no country can survive without the other. I am one of those people stuck in the middle - working for a European company with a global reach, with Chinese coworkers and colleagues. China and the US actually have more in common than different, because it's all about business in the end for both countries. Lots of people don't understand the links both countries have - be it expats (tens of thousands of Americans work in China), supply chains, factories, support structures. One just needs to know where the interest of China are and how they work. Once you understand that, no problem.
To be exact, the experts don't think patient zero is the person who ate the bat but the butcher who killed and cooked the bat. None of the virus likely survived on the plate or soup that made it to the guy who ordered the dish. It was also probably not a bat that was eaten but a pangolin. The virus can also live on pangolins.

Last edited by mkwensky; 04-11-2020 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: make correction

Old 04-11-2020, 10:36 AM

To the posters who are located in China, is this really happening?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/afri...l#post57813130

Do most Chinese believe the virus originated in Wuhan or do they subscribe to some conspiracy?

Old 04-11-2020, 02:58 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
Lmao, on Reddit I got banned instantly because I posted "China is awsome" under news about alleged/supposed cover up of covid cases in China.

"Free speech" in America is the biggest joke only american can be delusional to repeat.

Old 04-11-2020, 04:14 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
To be exact, the experts don't think patient zero is the person who ate the bat but the butcher who killed and cooked the bat. None of the virus likely survived on the plate or soup that made it to the guy who ordered the dish. It was also probably not a bat that was eaten but a pangolin. The virus can also live on pangolins.
OK, fair call. Thanks.

Quote:
To the posters who are located in China, is this really happening?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/afri...l#post57813130

Do most Chinese believe the virus originated in Wuhan or do they subscribe to some conspiracy?
There are a few expats (westerners that live in China) that post here and gave a very fair accounting of the situation. I think if you go to some of the previous pages you can see a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
"Free speech" in America is the biggest joke only american can be delusional to repeat.
Reddit, like CityData, is a private company. Free speech also applies to companies - as the government is not going to tell them what to allow or not on it's applications. What you are suggesting is actually the opposite of free speech - the government telling a business what to allow or not. You probably got flagged from your location or previous threads as a troll - I can imagine why.

Last edited by Dd714; 04-11-2020 at 04:23 PM..

Old 04-11-2020, 05:04 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:
Lmao, on Reddit I got banned instantly because I posted "China is awsome" under news about alleged/supposed cover up of covid cases in China.

Without proper context, it’s hard to assess what got you banned. What sub-Reddit you were on? Keep in mind that each has its own rules. Some are tailored towards actual discussions and discredit low quality posts.

As Dd714 mentioned, Reddit is a private business. When using it, you are subject to its rules and those of the specific sub-Reddit in question, not some national jurisdiction.

Old 04-11-2020, 05:53 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Without proper context, it’s hard to assess what got you banned. What sub-Reddit you were on? Keep in mind that each has its own rules. Some are tailored towards actual discussions and discredit low quality posts.

As Dd714 mentioned, Reddit is a private business. When using it, you are subject to its rules and those of the specific sub-Reddit in question, not some national jurisdiction.

True, but the context remains. There is an obvious anti-chinese rhetoric in America recently so the bans won't surprise me, in one poll the majority believe China should pay reperations:

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/china-reparations/

Old 04-11-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

There are a few expats (westerners that live in China) that post here and gave a very fair accounting of the situation. I think if you go to some of the previous pages you can see a few.
I don't think anyone's said anything about Africans yet. I especially want to get the opinions of Bettafish and other China supporters on this. The thread I posted are based mostly on youtube videos which I mostly don't take seriously but I read from other sources that Africans living in Guanzhou face serious discrimination in recent years.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:08 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:

1. Private companies or specifically, subreddits or FB pages, retain the right to moderate or censor posts on their platform for a variety of reasons. It's not like there is a US govt employee who is sitting there censoring your posts real-time; CD is an American page as well but they don't seem to be censoring you or other China boosters, are they?

2. The ability to read a room is a valuable skill. If you were responding to a video that was pushing anti-China conspiracy theories, then maybe it was on a subreddit that has an anti-China slant. If so, then there's a good chance that they would consider you to be an instigator or trolling and thus delete your post and/or ban you.

3. You already know this. Don't be obtuse.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:12 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone's said anything about Africans yet. I especially want to get the opinions of Bettafish and other China supporters on this. The thread I posted are based mostly on youtube videos which I mostly don't take seriously but I read from other sources that Africans living in Guanzhou face serious discrimination in recent years.
It's absolutely terrible. I know a few dozen people who have been directly affected by it. My shop was one of a few who organized donations to people on the streets. A few of my African-American friends have been affected similarly. They are blocking all foreigners from entering somd malls and other public spaces. One of my friends got manhandled out of a clothing export market he's done business in for years. Ive been keeping my head down and staying inside mostly but I tried to get some ibuprofen the other day and was told they cant sell to foreigners because "[we foreigners] use it to mask our virus symptoms."

Last edited by 415_s2k; 04-11-2020 at 10:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia