Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 10:26 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Self driving cars don't have to be perfect, they just have to be better than a human driver, which is not hard.
thinking about this Larry Caldwell, you are right, and you make a lot of sense....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
i don't think it's ever been considered nice.
well I don't think it's nice the past two mornings, that women have been riding my butt on the way to work...

if you don't consider it nice, then, perhaps you could consider the harm you might cause yourself, if someone doesn't warn you to back off...human beings, think that things are always going to stay the same, and yet, in a blink of an eye, your whole life could change drastically.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:39 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
...saying the law is the law while they go 5 over and clog the left lane in clear violation of keep right except to pass.

No wonder there are so many of these threads.

In many areas there's simply too high a traffic density to keep going back between left and right lane every 5 seconds. If there's nobody behind you AND nobody in front of you, I don't see the issue of staying in the left lane for a bit instead of having to move left and right every minute. It comes down to common sense...

If the interstate is congested and there's several people in front of you and you're in the left lane, too bad for the person who wants to go 20 over.. they'll just have to wait like everyone else.... or drive like Chicago drivers... weave back and forth making split second lane changes with hardly any clearance without a blinker.. somewhere between going 5 under like a grandma and having to go 15 over, weaving all over the place to get there a minute faster, is a bit of common sense....

But hey, life would be boring without variety, right?

Old 03-23-2016, 04:04 PM

418 posts, read 1,090,279 times
I check my brakes with every oil change.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I'm a woman and I know what brake checking is, also what body checking is.

Honestly, I used to feel like that when I was on a country road, but I finally got to the point where I'd just pull over and let the idiots pass. Why should I have to worry about someone practically camped on my bumper and get to work or get home all stressed out? Let them hit the deer and total their car. Besides, we had cops camped out all along the road. Let the I'm-in-a-hurry dudes flush 'em out.
yes, that is what I started doing....this particular road I speak of, hardly ever see cops....and actually I wonder if they even bother pulling people over for tail gating any longer, b/c so many people do tail gate?

Old 03-28-2016, 12:58 PM

780 posts, read 2,925,964 times
Not a clue on "break checking".

Fully understand "brake checking".

Old 03-28-2016, 10:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeZoo View Post
I hope you are kidding. You sound like a menace and could be imprisoned if you do that sort of thing. That maneuver often ends up in vehicular homicide.

No need to make it personal.

Heck, the hyperlink(TOS violation), suggest I just pull my pistols and get it over with.
I like to be a little sporting about it.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:20 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, that is what I started doing....this particular road I speak of, hardly ever see cops....and actually I wonder if they even bother pulling people over for tail gating any longer, b/c so many people do tail gate?

Its the new thing..........they all think they are more important than you are and they should be in Front of you, how dare you get somewhere before they do.......

Old 03-28-2016, 10:22 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
i don't think it's ever been considered nice.
neither is riding someones a$$

Old 03-29-2016, 10:23 PM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well I don't think it's nice the past two mornings, that women have been riding my butt on the way to work...

if you don't consider it nice, then, perhaps you could consider the harm you might cause yourself, if someone doesn't warn you to back off...human beings, think that things are always going to stay the same, and yet, in a blink of an eye, your whole life could change drastically.
No one has to warn me to back off. I'm already back. There are other ways to deal with it, though.

I brake checked someone--sort of--a number of years ago. The guy kept getting very close, riding my bumper for a while, then dropping back 5 or 6 car lengths. After he'd done this half a dozen times, I tapped my brakes twice when he started to advance, slowing a bit, to let him know that I was onto his game and that I didn't like it.

I was on a for lane divided, right lane, with cars as far as I could see. I wasn't cruising in the left lane blocking traffic; he was just being a jerk. The idiot was driving an Isuzu box truck. I don't like seeing a wall of truck in my rear view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive