Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 08:29 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
It will be at the pumps, and sooner than you think. You must sell oil products.

Get to understand what diesel electric propulsion is.
Just because you wish for something to happen or you find a YouTube video of some washed up Silicon Valley has-been saying something will happen, doesn’t mean it will happen, you do understand this right?
That’s the difference between reality and the internet.

I notice you can’t back anything up with anything links. Oil running out just in time to reverse global warming would be a ridiculous coincidence and would require no international commitments and you wouldn’t feel the need to be an evangelist on a forum. That’s why nobody takes you seriously.....and you get burned again.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Is America on Mars? The fuel will be expensive and a vehicle that costs to service with few parts available. And in a country with rapid chargers everywhere and you can even charge at home. It is a no-brainer you will have to go EV.
Which means you’re wasting your time here. Did you single handedly convince everybody to buy a smartphone 10 years ago? That was all you?

Old 06-08-2018, 08:48 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,064,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No brain is accurate but maybe not in the context you've stated it.
Look at the vids and link I gave. I am sure you have not. It is happening all around you and you cannot see it. You will be dragged kicking an screaming into an EV. Or if in a city just ditch the car and use Ubers.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:52 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,064,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Just because you wish for something to happen
I don't wish for anything to happen. I am pointing out the trends all point to that YOU will be driving a EV sooner than your Luddite tendencies think. Smart Phones were taken up because of functionality and cost, as is the case with EVs.

The evidence has been given. You have given no evidence whatsoever that the EV revolution is not happening. You must make money from selling oil.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Look at the vids on the first post. Evidence enough. Also look at the vids and links I have given.

With disruptive technologies, the rate at first is flat then the tipping point comes. Then sales rocket. Look at the graph for colour TV sales. As Seba says, the graph is never linear, as you are projecting.

Tong Seba and the The Economist both say the tipping point is this or next year.

EVs need no servicing with only about 20 moving parts. Total cost of ownership is what matters. EVs will outlive fossil fuel engined cars by a wide margin. After 12-14 years maybe a battery set change, however by then technology and mass production will have brought the costs of batteries right down with greater density of electricity storage.
Go buy a new Nissan Leaf, then sell it two years later for 1/3rd or the price, then tell us your total cost of ownership.
Again Americans don’t buy cars based on ownership cost. That’s why we’re rocking F-150s instead of Smart Cars. You should know that seeing it more than I have and all lol

Old 06-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I don't wish for anything to happen. I am pointing out the trends all point to that YOU will be driving a EV sooner than your Luddite tendencies think.

The evidence has been given. You must make money from selling oil.
I have a 401k and it most likely has an oil stock in it, but otherwise that’s not why I’m blowing holes in your logic left and right.
I’m not doing it to promote oil usage, I’m doing it for fun, because I can’t believe people like you really exist, and you desperately need a dose of reality.
I still don’t understand your evangelism if you think this will happen anyway. If you actually believed this nonsense, you should be emailing your politicians to end all EV subsidies now as they’re apparently a waste of money since people won’t have a choice anyway. Go ahead, and send them the Tony Seba links lol.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:05 AM

45,386 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Look at the vids and link I gave. I am sure you have not. It is happening all around you and you cannot see it. You will be dragged kicking an screaming into an EV. Or if in a city just ditch the car and use Ubers.
I have, they're idiotic. You do realize that right now, futures price notwithstanding, that there is a worldwide oil glut? That US producers can ramp up production tomorrow and the US is self sufficient in oil?

Until range is increased and prices come down, the US market is constrained for much EV penetration outside some urban areas.

And just because your apartment complex has 4 (wasn't it that many?) charging stations doesn't mean that all do or apartment owners, or local governments, are knocking each other over to install them.

I can guarantee that if the installation wasn't heavily subsidized few governments would put them in. That's the political reality here.

Oh, that friend I mentioned? He is probably going to the conference with me instead of driving his EV. The hassle of charging it at the destination, a major tourist destination that's expecting 200000 people this weekend are too much to deal with.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Do you see a common thread with your links? Same moron, same message. Intelligent people form opinions and seek truth from multiple sources. You might as well post links to Heaven’s Gate monologues. https://youtu.be/m74KOFZYOWM

Old 06-08-2018, 11:31 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Oh, that friend I mentioned? He is probably going to the conference with me instead of driving his EV. The hassle of charging it at the destination, a major tourist destination that's expecting 200000 people this weekend are too much to deal with.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Old 06-08-2018, 12:12 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
When you run out of juice in your electric vehicles in the winter, hers a way to recharge your battery if your can’t find a charging station.

The tipping point towards EVs is about a year or two-21feda48-aff7-4276-b0bd-07c4145c5092.jpeg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.