Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2021, 05:39 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,225,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Not even close - I have actual experience pulling a trailer with an X and see no where near that hit. They are calculating, not testing and making some assumptions. I normally tow across several mountain passes that makes the usage much higher and still see usage of about 2x of normal on the passes but on flat ground, use is about 30% higher than normal without trailer. You do charge more but closer to twice as often, no where near 3x in real world situation with an actual trailer.

Try getting some experience. Again, just because it is not for you does not mean it is not capable.
Your experience doesn't line up with reality. So I don't believe you.

Old 02-01-2021, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 478 times
A Formula E and F1 fusion would make people believe more in electric cars. Although the electric auto racing is not so fast, competitiveness makes up for it and the adds a lot to the overall experience.

In case you like electric car racing and Formula E stuff, take a look at [url]https://www.oneallsports.com/[/url].

Old 02-01-2021, 07:35 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Your experience doesn't line up with reality. So I don't believe you.

You've got that confused. No one actually believes you. You don't own an EV and probably have no experience towing with one whereas there are several people in this forum who have done so. Even in just the last couple days of posts in this thread you had multiple people posting third party tests and accounts of their experiences towing.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 02-01-2021 at 08:31 AM..

Old 02-03-2021, 07:39 AM

6,560 posts, read 7,143,122 times
An interesting article about reality of what is happening now. Why would a company produce or invest in the future of something that will be a giant money loser in the near future? My 71 year old father who’s a car guy is looking at maybe getting an EV as next/last car. Porsche has a EV Macan coming for sale very soon, he’ll be looking at it, along with the new Taycan base which is $79k. He can easily afford any Taycan, but doesn’t want to spend that amount for a 4S/Turbo/S. Might wait for the lease returns.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/g...210636353.html

Last edited by wamer27; 02-03-2021 at 07:48 AM..

Old 02-03-2021, 08:06 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
It's possible that in 20 yrs, there will be heavy consolidation with dealership networks. Dealerships that relied on service dept will fold more as EVs will increase reliability and reduce the amount of service needed. Any EV has less than 1/2 the amount of parts that ICE cars have. I'm sure some of the big luxury makes are gonna design some planned obsolescence parts like sensors that fail but Tesla designed the car to require the least amount of maintenance possible to increase adoption of EV.

I don't miss having oil or coolant leaks or never-ending oil changes.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:40 AM

6,560 posts, read 7,143,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's possible that in 20 yrs, there will be heavy consolidation with dealership networks. Dealerships that relied on service dept will fold more as EVs will increase reliability and reduce the amount of service needed. Any EV has less than 1/2 the amount of parts that ICE cars have. I'm sure some of the big luxury makes are gonna design some planned obsolescence parts like sensors that fail but Tesla designed the car to require the least amount of maintenance possible to increase adoption of EV.

I don't miss having oil or coolant leaks or never-ending oil changes.
There’s a newer Tesla dealer next to Porsche dealer I use, there’s quite a few employee cars parked there all the time and things going on all the time and it’s not just sales. Dealers need to adapt to their current businesses or go out of business.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You've got that confused.
You are attempting to gaslight.
Quote:
No one actually believes you.
so you speak for everybody in the planet?
Quote:
You don't own an EV and probably have no experience towing with one whereas there are several people in this forum who have done so.
No amount of experience renders the laws of physics void, sorry.
Quote:
Even in just the last couple days of posts in this thread you had multiple people posting third party tests and accounts of their experiences towing.
The third party test I watched disagrees with your view.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
You are attempting to gaslight. so you speak for everybody in the planet?
No amount of experience renders the laws of physics void, sorry.

The third party test I watched disagrees with your view.

Absolutely am speaking for everyone on the planet. You have no idea what you're talking about and it doesn't seem like you even understand the Engineering Explained video you posted to since you're citing that as evidence for claims that the person never made.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Absolutely am speaking for everyone on the planet.
I'm s someone in the planet and you aren't speaking for me.
Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about and it doesn't seem like you even understand the Engineering Explained video you posted to since you're citing that as evidence for claims that the person never made.
Lol try your gaslighting technique on somebody a little more gullible.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I'm s someone in the planet and you aren't speaking for me. Lol try your gaslighting technique on somebody a little more gullible.
Don't need any particular technique--you clearly don't know what you're talking about and that's just it. You've never towed with a Model X before and yet you would say things like:

Quote:
No it has like a 60 mi range when it's doing 5,000 lb.
That's not supported by three different links to three different youtube videos: one posted by me, one posted by southernaturelover who isn't exactly the most fervent EV fanatic, and one posted by yourself. The last one is a headscratcher because it's either you posted without watching the video or you truly are that confused--are you somehow gaslighting yourself? Stop huffing! You're killing brain cells with that!

Also, I should mention all three of these videos were posted about an older iteration of the vehicle whereas the post I wrote was about a new Model X.

And really, how am I gaslighting you when you're telling people who actually have these vehicles and have towed them and use these vehicles daily that they aren't seeing what they're seeing? This is you who seemingly have no experience doing this with electric vehicles and who can't even wade through a pretty clearly explained youtube video to realize it's not saying what you think it's saying, are the one telling people they haven't experienced what they've experienced? Oh buddy, maybe you don't know what gaslighting means either

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 02-03-2021 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive