Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times

Advertisements

1. They used analysis from the British air accident agency (AAIB) and the Immarsat satellite company. They concluded that in the last known position of the plane, it would be in a position where it would not have enough fuel to reach land

2. Insurance companies can't pay the families of the dead until there is a declaration of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanon13 View Post
What is the Malaysian government's evidence that Flight 370 ended in the Indian Ocean and "all lives are lost?"

They have no evidence. They have no bodies. They have no debris, no flight recorders, no sightings and no radar signatures that would put the aircraft in the Indian Ocean.

Learn more: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 now clearly a government cover-up: All evidence contradicts official story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 07:41 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanon13 View Post
What is the Malaysian government's evidence that Flight 370 ended in the Indian Ocean and "all lives are lost?"

They have no evidence. They have no bodies. They have no debris, no flight recorders, no sightings and no radar signatures that would put the aircraft in the Indian Ocean.

Learn more: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 now clearly a government cover-up: All evidence contradicts official story

It sounds like they have a pretty conclusive evidence of the path and last known position of the aircraft or at least all its systems from the satellite data. Path was toward the middle of nowhere, Indian Ocean. Last known was thousands of miles from land over the Indian Ocean with no fuel left to go anywhere else by a margin in the multiples. Not physical evidence, but pretty conclusive. I suspect they will find the physical evidence quite soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I love how an "aviation expert" on CNN this morning started with, "Well I think we shouldn't be speculating and speculation is bad however here's what I think happened..."
Coming form any news organization that speculates 23 hours a day around the one our a day of actual facts they have, this would be funny. But from the network that brought us the black hole theory this is hilariously, uproariously funny.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:58 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Coming form any news organization that speculates 23 hours a day around the one our a day of actual facts they have, this would be funny. But from the network that brought us the black hole theory this is hilariously, uproariously funny.
The best part was the CNN host "Oh, I totally agree! We should not speculate. But please go on!"

Old 03-27-2014, 08:18 AM

3,531 posts, read 3,733,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
The best part was the CNN host "Oh, I totally agree! We should not speculate. But please go on!"
What did he actually say?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:23 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
The thing getting on my nerves, they will ask the expert a question, I will be interested in his answer but then they interrupt him and ask someone another question.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:44 AM

217 posts, read 326,000 times
I'm beginning to think it was shot down because the person piloting the plane was heading (or flying over) somewhere he shouldn't have been. By who, who knows. But the longer the debris has to spread itself out, the better it is for whoever shot it down.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:03 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I kinda feel they will find some evidence in the next few days or so. With that many planes, ships, and satellites looking for it something has got to turn up.

Don

Old 03-27-2014, 09:29 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That is just ridiculous that the entire flight is not recorded. That needs to change.
No kidding. Perhaps the problem there isn't the technology, for sure it exists but rather pilots unions and privacy concerns.

From the privacy perspective, if that is the case (I don't know) there is some valid concern there since very few airliners crash and often it is the flight data records that solve the mystery of the crash, not what the pilots said.

We don't have voice recorders on buses and they crash far more frequently and sometimes there is great loss of life too.

To get around privacy concerns it should be possible to auto erase the recordings if the flight is uneventful. This tragedy is horrible but thankfully it doesn't happen that frequently.

I guess the disconcerting thing is that while we are surrounded by technology that seems to be able to track, record and report on almost anything we do, that airliners have so little really comes out in these situations. The technology exists, why it isn't being used is a question that always seems to have an answer in money. Considering the millions upon millions spent so far and the millions that will be spent in recovery when the plane is found, the insurance payouts, the damage awards and civil or criminal penalties, adding some technology to mitigate even some of those costs in the future would seem cheap in comparison.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:41 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,209,035 times
Any articles that talk about what ships are in the same area the debris have been located? I am only finding articles about search planes. Surely, ships have made it to the area by now.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
It's a time rip...im telling you!!
from the internet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation