Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 05:41 PM

275 posts, read 469,647 times

Advertisements

Tan legs - all you do is bash buffalo. Given your previous posts, you will find a negative for every positive that is going on in buffalo so im not going to waste my time answering your questions since you wont acknowlwdge any of the positives that are going on in the area. Im not saying the area is perfect. Its not. No area is. My point was that if you are not there or have not visited the area in awhile, you have not experienced the change that is going on there. You are a really negative person. Its kinda sad. Golden hair - try buffalo brothers in fort worth. The owner is from buffalo and has all the buffalo foods there including pizza like what we are used to and molson canadian on draft. Its also decked out with everything buffalonian. Its a cool place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 09:58 AM

729 posts, read 532,180 times
Given the bashing of Buffalo on this forum, I wanted to post something positive about Buffalo. So I posted something positive about Buffalo: pizza. Unfortunately, I could not recall anything else positive about my earlier years living and growing up in Buffalo. So there is the solution to all of Buffalo's problems: pizza. Something positive.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:27 AM

908 posts, read 1,118,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHair View Post
Given the bashing of Buffalo on this forum, I wanted to post something positive about Buffalo. So I posted something positive about Buffalo: pizza. Unfortunately, I could not recall anything else positive about my earlier years living and growing up in Buffalo. So there is the solution to all of Buffalo's problems: pizza. Something positive.
Here's something else positive: The state government is WNY's largest employer. So that's good for something.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:43 AM

255 posts, read 235,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
Here's something else positive: The state government is WNY's largest employer. So that's good for something.
Also the US federal government is WNY's 2nd largest employer

Old 07-09-2016, 10:29 AM

93,234 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Actually, state and/or federal government is the biggest employee or is one of the biggest employers in a lot of growing metros. Many growing areas are actually state capital cities as well.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Actually, state and/or federal government is the biggest employee or is one of the biggest employers in a lot of growing metros. Many growing areas are actually state capital cities as well.
Yep, unfortunately that's a logically fallacy in terms of dismissing the issue.

Also, Buffalo is far from a state capital.

The larger gov. on all levels as an employer (outside of a capital), the strong correlation to the frailty of a city or metro.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:21 AM

729 posts, read 532,180 times
But the pizza is fantastic! Ergo...Buffalo is on the rise and recovering!!

Old 07-09-2016, 11:47 AM

93,234 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
Yep, unfortunately that's a logically fallacy in terms of dismissing the issue.

Also, Buffalo is far from a state capital.

The larger gov. on all levels as an employer (outside of a capital), the strong correlation to the frailty of a city or metro.
Many are also military communities and my point is that many growing areas also have a high percentage of government employment.

I wish I could find something more up to date, but this is a somewhat recent list of metro government: http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourna...eavily-on.html

Old 07-09-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Many are also military communities and my point is that many growing areas also have a high percentage of government employment.

I wish I could find something more up to date, but this is a somewhat recent list of metro government: http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourna...eavily-on.html
Logical fallacy again. "Guilt by association" fallacy. Or in this, growth by association. Nope.

Quickly going through that list, the majority (probably supermajority) of the cities are not growing and are generally not healthy.

Getting back to the topic before it derails again, Buffalo's number 1 employer is the state government. That is not good. The city is not a capital and it has no military community.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:35 PM

969 posts, read 2,072,170 times
Stats are subject to so much interpretation and often interpreted to perfectly support your own personal argument. I interpret this as indicating Buffalo's private industry is dominantly small biz. Small biz is better, more stable. I win yet again Michael. But you win a box of tissues on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area