Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:34 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
So it seems that you might like Buffalo more than most people based on that post.

Or you are just an apologist and know that it's bad.
No, I'm just not a negative nellie who comes here just to slam a city that I couldn't make it in. I'm sure I'm not the city's greatest advocate but I find it quite small to linger around a website to kill the morale of anyone that wants to see the good in thier home town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 07:39 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,333,345 times
That's the problem, I want to see good, but our leadership won't have it.

And I could make it here. I choose to make it elsewhere like many before me, and surely many after me.

Face it, how is it hard to make it in Buffalo unless you are successful, and get your money stolen by the criminals in city hall and Albany? If you are unable to make it in Buffalo it is because you were successful enough for the government to decide to punish you, and you will choose to be successful elsewhere.

If Buffalo was run like a business they would take the rich out and wine and dine them to convince them to stay in WNY, instead they treat the rich like crooks, hence businesses flocking away.

I don't hate Buffalo any more than any other city. I think that the people here are the nicest, that it is the perfect sized city, and that it is fairly nice in the downtown core. I hate our inept tax and spend government

Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
These cities get a bad reputation because the general public are morons that buy into stereotypes and hearsay.
Either that or they like having, like, jobs.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:04 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,349,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Either that or they like having, like, jobs.
It depends what profession you are in. Could we use more? Definitely...but if you're in the right profession, and Buffalo will pay you, heck why not move to the Queen City of the Great Lakes.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:19 PM

Because I already live in the King City of the Great Lakes. Where there's jobs for every profession.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Because I already live in the King City of the Great Lakes. Where there's jobs for every profession.
Ahh, very well put. Enjoy Chicago - it's a great city with a lot to do and plenty of jobs! My city? No. I like opportunity. You like jobs. Hah (sarcasm)! I'm an entrepreneur - an urban developer. You are right in the fact that we don't have many jobs, but it is my goal to reverse that and make Buffalo the Global Trade Gateway to the world. Remember - Buffalo came first then Chicago. It was always competition between these two cities...largest rail centers in the world flipped titles between cities. Who really had the first skyscraper in the world - Buffalo or Chicago. There were many competitive reasonings between these two great American cities, today Buffalo has indeed declined, while Chicago is booming. I like seeing Buffalo's comeback - I'm participating in it. We are gaining more percent jobs currently than many areas of the country. We in Buffalo have so much, as I myself am blessed to be able to live here. Buffalo is a great sized city that is currently (finally) sustaining substantial growth. Aside from the corrupt government, high taxes, and lack of jobs, Buffalo is really turning the corner - and really is starting on all three of those things I listed as well.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:54 PM

If Buffalo really is turning a corner, then I'm glad to hear it. But that's hard to square with the continuing population decline not just of Buffalo proper but the entire metropolitan area. It's possible the Census estimates are wrong though. I suppose we'll find out for sure after the 2010 census.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
If Buffalo really is turning a corner, then I'm glad to hear it. But that's hard to square with the continuing population decline not just of Buffalo proper but the entire metropolitan area. It's possible the Census estimates are wrong though. I suppose we'll find out for sure after the 2010 census.
Yes, indeed, I'm looking forward to the 2010 census. Hey, you're one post away from 12,000! Wow, way to go!

Old 04-18-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Yes, indeed, I'm looking forward to the 2010 census. Hey, you're one post away from 12,000! Wow, way to go!
Holy crap. I need a life.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Holy crap. I need a life.
Hahaha, it's funny though - personally I've been on many forums, but typically I eventually get tired of posting over and over... Yet on the City-Data Forum, there must be something on it that keeps users around.

12,000 posts is certainly a milestone. Keep at it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area