Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 07:13 AM

107,137 posts, read 109,467,196 times

Advertisements

not my retirement product , that is for sure , but this is not the place for a crypto discussion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 07:54 AM

6,699 posts, read 6,087,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Just incredible that you completely missed what the topic title is. Do you know what WFH means? Is that the basic issue?
What difference does it make if the person works from home or works from home overseas? The difference is the regulatory body that taxes employers from doing so. Do you know what VPN means?

Old 06-04-2021, 08:22 AM

2,474 posts, read 1,245,965 times
My weekends are mine to do want I want now. Laundry done, shopping done, errands done, chores done. All because of the absent commute. Doctors appointments no need to take a whole day, or half day No more walking to the subway, standing for 40minutes on a good day if the "MTA is going my way". Walking to the office. Now I walk for my enjoyment and exercise. No more crappy snacks from a vending machine. Shelling out money every other week for someone's I don't care about's B-day.

Feel bad for my dry cleaner, haven't seen in in over a year

Old 06-04-2021, 09:29 AM

19,105 posts, read 12,789,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
My weekends are mine to do want I want now. Laundry done, shopping done, errands done, chores done. All because of the absent commute. Doctors appointments no need to take a whole day, or half day No more walking to the subway, standing for 40minutes on a good day if the "MTA is going my way". Walking to the office. Now I walk for my enjoyment and exercise. No more crappy snacks from a vending machine. Shelling out money every other week for someone's I don't care about's B-day.

In a capitalist system the market always wins. If your employer can stay in business and an only attract remote workers, then you will get to keep your nice situation. If they can't make ends meet, you'll either be asked to come back in or find employment elsewhere

Old 06-04-2021, 11:02 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,310,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post

If feel you on this. And making excuses for why you don't want to attend coworkers' social gathering to listen to them talk about work.

I don't have the option to work from home. I definitely see the benefits!

Old 06-04-2021, 11:02 AM

15,883 posts, read 14,560,521 times
I think this is going to be a big issue that will drive companies to pull workers back into the office. WFH is going to be a big hit to productivity.

As I've said a few times, WFH, and remote working in general, was an option well before Covid. Companies were allowing it, but not loving it. Covid forced the point. They apparently can't just snap the workers back into the offices all at once, but over time, I think there'll be pressure to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I was at Central Park and I saw so many work from home people trying to do their work while also entertaining their kids and talking to friends .

For the most part companies are finding workers are less efficient not more when left to the honor system and the ability to do personal stuff at home while supposedly working .

It is no wonder many employees like it

Old 06-04-2021, 11:09 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,310,741 times
Continuing work from home will highlight the truly productive and differentiate them from the lazy slackers who excelled at pretending to be productive.

A disciplined, highly motivated WFH employee who doesn't have to interact with clients to accomplish tasks and conducts all their work infront of a computer has no reason to be in an office.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:30 AM

My sons a partner in a big national law firm with one thousand attorneys. ….billable hours have fallen a lot once they had work from home ebven though the work load has been greater than before .

Over the next few months the entire firm will be migrating back to the office by the end of the summer .

His wife’s company , a famous hedge fund already brought all back.

The company I do part time training for has all 320 employees back in the office

Old 06-04-2021, 11:36 AM

5,901 posts, read 3,023,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Continuing work from home will highlight the truly productive and differentiate them from the lazy slackers who excelled at pretending to be productive.

A disciplined, highly motivated WFH employee who doesn't have to interact with clients to accomplish tasks and conducts all their work infront of a computer has no reason to be in an office.
Thank you!!! This exactly.

Not everyone is a salesman or brick layer. There are a lot of people working behind the curtains. Lot of those can work from home.

Its a win win for everyone. Companies save money on office space, traffic, mass transit will be less crowded.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:52 AM

Many companies are now realizing those back office workers are not nearly as productive left to their own at home.
So some companies find wfh more productive and other companies less
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business