Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:24 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,450,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The only Californians who praise Texas are ex-Texans living in California or Republicans who hate California because they don't fit in. See, you can't have it both ways. A person falls in love with California and wants what is best for probably the most treasured state in the nation as far as natural beauty and boundiful harvests of food. But in order to keep California the beautiful gem that it is requires sacrifice and for most Californians that is fine. So we have the most restrictions on polluters in industry and automobiles; that means some companies would rather make more money in a state where there are not limitations on air quality and safeguards for employees. Naturally those companies are only interested in self profit and resent having to be stewards of the environment. So a state like Texas calls them to come to the South where pollution is ignored and employees are not allowed to have unions or protections. The difference in values is quite pronounced and Republicans prefer a place where they don't have to contribute to the betterment of the community because that means having to give something out of their own pocket. And who really cares anyway in a state like Texas where natural beauty is scarce and Bibleland hypocrites are more focused on the real important things like seeing what gay people do in bed. Did you know that the Texas governor and state Republicans are trying to repeal federal law allowing gay sex?

Sorry but Texas is crude and ignorant and if that kind of language offends you then perhaps you should post in the fashion and food forums of C-D

The only thing that offends is people taking about things in generalizations. You've made a lot of them in this post as well as previous posts. Generalizations never give a person credibility.

You have not taught me one thing about Republicans...I think exactly the same way about them. I am not a Republican. There are unions in Texas but the majority of workers in the blue collar field would not want a union...because we are treated well. I had better work benefits in Houston Texas then what I have in California where they want to take 1.67% of my gross monthly income to be a part of a Union that does nothing but steal. I am certain now that Brown is back the dues will go up even more.

The federal govt. in Texas will never pass that law! Too many liberals in the big cities...don't get too freaked out about it. Believe me no one cares as much as you like to think they do what gays are doing in bed....we already know. I personally don't care what anyone is doing in bed as long as it is consensual and does not involve children or animals

You are crude and ignorant not Texas. Texas may come up with so strange things now and then but so does California which makes California ignorant to most other states not just Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 07:35 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You are crude and ignorant not Texas. Texas may come up with so strange things now and then but so does California which makes California ignorant to most other states not just Texas.
While I agree with you wholeheartedly, you do realize that you're casting pearls before the swine, don't you!

Old 11-19-2010, 07:38 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I am tired of the extremism on both sides. It seems like on CD, views are exaggerated. We should look at facts logically instead of emotionally.

I second this!

Old 11-19-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
while i agree with you wholeheartedly, you do realize that you're casting pearls before the swine, don't you!

Old 11-19-2010, 07:40 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times
Quote:
The only thing that offends is people taking about things in generalizations. You've made a lot of them in this post as well as previous posts. Generalizations never give a person credibility.

You have not taught me one thing about Republicans...I think exactly the same way about them. I am not a Republican. There are unions in Texas but the majority of workers in the blue collar field would not want a union...because we are treated well. I had better work benefits in Houston Texas then what I have in California where they want to take 1.67% of my gross monthly income to be a part of a Union that does nothing but steal. I am certain now that Brown is back the dues will go up even more.

The federal govt. in Texas will never pass that law! Too many liberals in the big cities...don't get too freaked out about it. Believe me no one cares as much as you like to think they do what gays are doing in bed....we already know. I personally don't care what anyone is doing in bed as long as it is consensual and does not involve children or animals

Spoken by a true Texan secretly embarrassed by your home state yet living in California and impulsively defensive. I have written nothing but the truth about Texas and it's sad captivity by Republican repression. Some day the large cities in Texas and its growing Latino population will take out the GOP and bring Texas into the 21st century. Until then, Texas will remain a joke.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Spoken by a true Texan secretly embarrassed by your home state yet living in California and impulsively defensive. I have written nothing but the truth about Texas and it's sad captivity by Republican repression. Some day the large cities in Texas and its growing Latino population will take out the GOP and bring Texas into the 21st century. Until then, Texas will remain a joke.
Actually only in your eyes.

Where did you read that I am secretly embarrassed by my home state? I am not in any way shape or from embarrassed by Texas. I LOVE HOUSTON TEXAS. I chose to live here for many reasons. I actually thought that I would find kind open minded people just as what I have back in my home State. I have mostly met those types...but only on this forum have I run into the extremists like you and your cronies.

And in most other states eyes California has been a joke for a long time and you keep digging yourself into the bottomless pit.

The growing latino population has only kept Houston weighed down just like it is doing to California. When the latino population contributes to our states vs. taking from them then you can claim that...but I can't see that happening...It has not yet and does not seem like it will anytime soon as your State slowly sinks from it.

Speaking for my hometown of Houston, TX
NASA is not a joke
The Texas Medical Center is not a joke
Our Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and other disciplines are not a joke.
Our Energy Sector is not a joke
The Texas Ship Channel is not a joke
Houston's Mayor is not a joke
Our Cost of Living is not a joke
Our no state personal income tax is not a joke
Our international city is not a joke
Our world class cuisines are not a joke
Our Museum District is not a joke
Our Theater District is not a joke
The city of Houston or Dallas is not a joke
The fine people of Texas are not a joke...they are some of the kindest, down to earth, give you the shirt off of their back kind of people you will ever meet.

Don't know what you twisted in you mind on what you read but let me make no mistake in you mind....I LOVE TEXAS!

Old 11-19-2010, 08:27 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times
Quote:
Actually only in your eyes.

Where did you read that I am secretly embarrassed by my home state? I am not in any way shape or from embarrassed by Texas. I LOVE HOUSTON TEXAS. I chose to live here for many reasons. I actually thought that I would find kind open minded people just as what I have back in my home State. I have mostly met those types...but only on this forum have I run into the extremists like you and your cronies.

And in most other states eyes California has been a joke for a long time and you keep digging yourself into the bottomless pit.

The growing latino population has only kept Houston weighed down just like it is doing to California. When the latino population contributes to our states vs. taking from them then you can claim that...but I can't see that happening...It has not yet and does not seem like it will anytime soon as your State slowly sinks from it.

Speaking for my hometown of Houston, TX
NASA is not a joke
The Texas Medical Center is not a joke
Our Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and other disciplines are not a joke.
Our Energy Sector is not a joke
The Texas Ship Channel is not a joke
Houston's Mayor is not a joke
Our Cost of Living is not a joke
Our no state personal income tax is not a joke
Our international city is not a joke
Our world class cuisines are not a joke
Our Museum District is not a joke
Our Theater District is not a joke
The city of Houston or Dallas is not a joke
The fine people of Texas are not a joke...they are some of the kindest, down to earth, give you the shirt off of their back kind of people you will ever meet.

Don't know what you twisted in you mind on what you read but let me make no mistake in you mind....I LOVE TEXAS!
Do you honestly think you are impressing any Californians with your homer list about Houston? Clearly your heart and ego is in Texas. It must seem like being an alien in the Bay Area unless, of-course, you make every attempt to conceal your accent and political persuasion. Y'all

Old 11-19-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Do you honestly think you are impressing any Californians with your homer list about Houston? Clearly your heart and ego is in Texas. It must seem like being an alien in the Bay Area unless, of-course, you make every attempt to conceal your accent and political persuasion. Y'all

Wow if you only knew how stupid you are in the assumptions you just rambled on about. I do not have a Texas accent I never did...many native Houstonians don't but since you think you know what your taking about when it comes to Texas or Texans makes you a laughing stock indeed. I don't say ya'll....not all Texans do

Hummm trying to impress was not the intent...only impressing upon you that Texas is not a joke and those where a few examples. Actually some are very impressive but how would you know...you have proven over and over you know very little about Texas.

I have no ego in Texas. I have no ego...I prefer self-esteem over ego...ego is shallow. My heart is where my home is, and where my family and friends are and yes that is Houston, TX. My new home is California and I love it! Just not people with your mind set...and thankfully I have never met any except on this forum...interesting I enjoy my life here. I am laughing about the alien in the Bay Area....I have made more friends then you can count. I don't conceal anything about who I am or where I came from or what I believe. I have many admirers. One thing about Texans we are genuine and people like that. We make friends everywhere we go. Decent people like friendly souls no matter where they come from. No one likes a fake or a narrow minded hater like yourself. Carry on with your weak attempt to bash me and Texas. It is pretty entertaining to listen to your lack of knowledge and assuming it all

Would you like to sit down face to face and really learn how wrong and assuming you are?

Last edited by TVC15; 11-19-2010 at 11:23 PM..

Old 11-20-2010, 01:25 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,052 times
Just put californio on ignore. It is a loud mouth internet troll bot, and in no way represents anything Californian. Probably still lives in its mom's basement to boot.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:42 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,320,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I dont dislike Texas in the least, I just think the issue of jobs and companies moving from California to Texas needs to be clarified as much as possible because the media fawns over 'rankings' of business friendliness put out by special interests controlled by businesses in the first place.

Once we peel away at the layers of rhetoric, we see that California is NOT really hemorraging a significant amount of jobs or corporate relocations to TX and the stats prove that.

For the first 8 months of 2010, they had a net gain of a measly 61 businesses from CA. Many of those were only CA companies building a office or facility there-NOT totally moving their entire operations there.

Its a huge smoke and mirrors campaign that MUST be squashed.

Now, does that excuse California for NOT making itself more enticing for businesses to remain here? NO.
Well put.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California