Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2019, 09:07 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
“People ignorant of my opinions”? What does that mean?

I don’t post a lot of opinions, max. I post facts and logic.

And I pretty much have never suggested other people should live on boats.
It can be way less expensive, if a person knows how to go about it and is attracted to the odd lifestyle. But it would never work for 99.5% of the population.

So wtf are you talking about? Do you know?
Mutt, Like that one time you tried to pass off a report about Mexican immigrants returning for a decline illegals. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 09:51 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Mutt, Like that one time you tried to pass off a report about Mexican immigrants returning for a decline illegals. Lol
Max, I didn’t try to “pass off” anything. I gave examples of where the decline in illegals shows. You simply can’t grasp simple factual information that conflicts with your Trump-tweet-feed mentality.

The number of illegals from countries other than Mexico has increased somewhat in recent years ... but the number of Mexicans has decreased more than the increase from other nations. This results in a net lower illegal population than anytime since 2004. Read that again. Slowly. Carefully. Maybe it will sink in. Here’s some stats based reporting to help you:
Quote:
5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S.
BY JENS MANUEL KROGSTAD, JEFFREY S. PASSEL AND D’VERA COHN
The number of unauthorized immigrants living in the United States has dropped to the level it was in 2004, and Mexicans are no longer a majority of this population. This decline is due mainly to a large drop in the number of new unauthorized immigrants, especially Mexicans, coming into the country. The origin countries of unauthorized immigrants also shifted during that time, with the number from Mexico declining and the number rising from Central America and Asia, according to the latest Pew Research Center estimates.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...on-in-the-u-s/
Now then, that cleared up (for about the third time) ... wtf does that have to do with your earlier post that I asked you to clarify? Now you have 3 posts that make no connection to ... well ... anything I posted in this thread.

Par for you, I guess?

Old 08-17-2019, 10:20 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Especially when they've only got negative opinions to post. If you're so happy where you are now, why not post to those forums? Or is it a case of sour grapes? Why keep slamming a place or others because they remain there, or want to move there? Also tired of the anti liberalism and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist). Just wondered. I post here because we're relocating to the area and want more information before we make the big move. I often post to other forums in states I'd once considered but rarely to my home state.
Why are you attempting to control other people? We can post whatever we want on whatever forum we wish to. And you have the right to not read it or leave the Forum. The sheer nerve is quite staggering.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:48 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
As long as ignorance runs rampant I’ll be here to help educate those who want to escape the swirling toilet of ideologies. Attendance is, of course, not mandatory, so you are free to continue running around in circles with your head in a hole if that’s your preference.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:28 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,440,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Honestly, if I moved out of CA I would not post here. I would regard my past life in CA as history and not relevant to my life. But some people have unresolved issues. With that said, slow dodge does offer good content

“Unresolved issues”, lol. No. Many of us miss our home state. Some people need to remind themselves of the definition of a “forum”.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:55 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Especially when they've only got negative opinions to post. If you're so happy where you are now, why not post to those forums? Or is it a case of sour grapes? Why keep slamming a place or others because they remain there, or want to move there? Also tired of the anti liberalism and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist). Just wondered. I post here because we're relocating to the area and want more information before we make the big move. I often post to other forums in states I'd once considered but rarely to my home state.
We have a second home in Silicon Valley. Of course neither home ownership nor California residency is a requirement for posting here. Nor is it obligatory to write only sunshine-and-lollipops comments about any particular place.

Centrists don't usually have controlling tendencies or seek to silence those whose speech offends them.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:29 PM

1,336 posts, read 928,323 times
Quote:
As long as ignorance runs rampant I’ll be here to help educate those who want to escape the swirling toilet of ideologies. Attendance is, of course, not mandatory, so you are free to continue running around in circles with your head in a hole if that’s your preference.
A wise man once said: lie to others if you must, but never lie to yourself.
'Mutt, you are ideological, you just can't face the man in the mirror, yet.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:42 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Max, I didn’t try to “pass off” anything. I gave examples of where the decline in illegals shows. You simply can’t grasp simple factual information that conflicts with your Trump-tweet-feed mentality.

The number of illegals from countries other than Mexico has increased somewhat in recent years ... but the number of Mexicans has decreased more than the increase from other nations. This results in a net lower illegal population than anytime since 2004. Read that again. Slowly. Carefully. Maybe it will sink in. Here’s some stats based reporting to help you:

Now then, that cleared up (for about the third time) ... wtf does that have to do with your earlier post that I asked you to clarify? Now you have 3 posts that make no connection to ... well ... anything I posted in this thread.

Par for you, I guess?
Your words not mine

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...l#post55632995

Old 08-18-2019, 01:33 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
And once again, you are making non-sequiturial references ... and not making any sense.

Follow your links back to the original comment you made. You claimed that:

1. The middle class is leaving California and not the “poors”

2. Californians “welcome and protect illegal aliens (uneducated unskilled poor people)”

Your words, max.

I linked you to data showing

1. the poor are abandoning California

2. Illegal population is declining

Now you are claiming, again, as you did back then, that nothing I responded with addressed your (false) statements. I responded precisely. On topic. On target. With data. Your declarations were false.

Now, for the fourth time: what’s any of that got to do with this thread?

This thread is about former Californians lurking on this forum to post negatives.

So far you have tried, for some unknown reason, to make it about me. And in your effort you have made the following baffling claims which have nothing to do with the topic and all of which are untrue or completely unexplained mysteries:

1. People are ignorant of my opinions (wtf does that mean and why is it relevant?)

2. I tell people they should live on boats (but I don’t say that and you can’t quote otherwise)

3. I tried to “pass off a report about Mexicans immigrants declining as an example of reduced illegal immigration”. Which is true. Illegal Mexicans are declining. So is overall illegal immigration numbers as a result. I explained it. I linked data. I didn’t “try to pass off” anything.

4. Now you are claiming you never said what is preserved on the forum for anyone to read ... and that “my words” don’t address what they clearly do.

And once again, wtf does any of this have to do with this thread?

Old 08-18-2019, 02:07 PM

1,336 posts, read 928,323 times
'wtf' contains the 'f' word, and so I think all such posts should be removed.

Moderator? Tsk, tsk, 'Mutt. You really need to debate in civil and polite terms.
It's generally more effective. Generally.
Unless you subscribe the Trump school of debate, which it almost seems like you do.
Well, that won an election, so maybe you have your reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California