Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2019, 01:55 AM

25 posts, read 12,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I forgot to clarify. CNN was down.
That's because it was televised on ABC. After the debate, the other cable stations had their analysis. MY guess is all the other networks were down during the debate.

Old 09-22-2019, 08:23 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
When he says: our campaign isn’t right, or left, it’s forward” ... he sets himself apart from every other candidate of both major parties. When he doesn’t trash capitalism, but says: “human-centered capitalism” is the way forward, he sets himself apart from the far left without alienating them. When he points out that automation is reducing jobs and payscale, not illegals, he sets himself apart from the right but leaves them a demon to blame.

Etc.

I didn’t like his giveaway campaign stunt. But he just hauled in almost ½ million voters to his data base with that move that is costing his campaign $1.2 mil. For contrast: Tom Steyer has recently spent 4x that on Facebook ads to gain 125,000 names, ¼ the haul for 4x the cost.

When Yang wears his MATH hat (Make America Think Harder), he puts his money where his mouth is.

Smart strategist.

We’ll see how well he fleshes out more details. I suspect this guy’s in for the long haul. After what they did to Bernie in 2016, the DNC high mucky-mucks are going to have a harder time squelching Yang if he keeps gaining.
I dunno about Yang, I initially supported him and donated to his campaign, then he came out with some really dump policies: "decriminalize heroin but not cocaine because cocaine is different?" I'm sorry but that doesn't show that this guy is a very deep thinker, he claims that's what Portugal did but it isn't they decriminalized all drugs. He wants to “ask colleges to forgive in part or in whole the debts of those who do not graduate,” The problem is that schools don't hold student loan debt so they have zero ability to discharge it.

I don't want a President who doesn't do some fact checking before talking, we have one now, so I moved my support to Amy Klobuchar but it looks like she won't be in the running much longer so I will support whoever the nominee is.

Old 09-22-2019, 08:25 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Speaking of Kamala and Yang, as of yesterday the latest California poll shows Yang has leapfrogged Harris and is now polling twice as high, at 7%, in California as his average across all other states. Meanwhile Bernie is tied neck and neck with Biden in our Golden State. Warren close behind. Then Yang (!)
For you far right folks, here’s another confirmation link from Breitbart:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rs-ties-biden/
I knew Kamala would have a tough time in California, the people of California know her too well.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:43 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I dunno about Yang, I initially supported him and donated to his campaign, then he came out with some really dump policies: "decriminalize heroin but not cocaine because cocaine is different?" I'm sorry but that doesn't show that this guy is a very deep thinker, he claims that's what Portugal did but it isn't they decriminalized all drugs. He wants to “ask colleges to forgive in part or in whole the debts of those who do not graduate,” The problem is that schools don't hold student loan debt so they have zero ability to discharge it.

I don't want a President who doesn't do some fact checking before talking, we have one now, so I moved my support to Amy Klobuchar but it looks like she won't be in the running much longer so I will support whoever the nominee is.
Yang needs some work. He’s new at this. But he has my serious interest so far. His intentions and intuitions seem excellent. A cadre of experienced advisors will be meaningful to a guy like this ... as contrasted to Trump’s boast of how he would surround himself with “the best people” ... which he certainly hasn’t, and in the cases where he has had competent and sometimes even excellent experience brought on board, he ignores and then sh*ts on them ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I knew Kamala would have a tough time in California, the people of California know her too well.
Apparently a number of the lower tiered candidates are not showing well in their home states. Never a good sign.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:51 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
You guys have fun debating over who the best candidate will be now because whoever it is will lose. I’m not a fan of Trump personally but as long as the economy is strong and unemployment is down he’s unbeatable. Outside of the west coast people don’t care about paying off loans, free health care, illegals getting the red carpet treatment. Did you notice there was not one question about the economy in the debates? Speaks for itself. Next time Trump has a rally check out the audience. Face it you guys got Trump for another 5 years.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:27 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I thought Yang is an idiot from day one. No fooling me, but I want higher bribery, how about $100k for a couple. I might go for him.

Old 09-23-2019, 12:26 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
You guys have fun debating over who the best candidate will be now because whoever it is will lose. I’m not a fan of Trump personally but as long as the economy is strong and unemployment is down he’s unbeatable. Outside of the west coast people don’t care about paying off loans, free health care, illegals getting the red carpet treatment. Did you notice there was not one question about the economy in the debates? Speaks for itself. Next time Trump has a rally check out the audience. Face it you guys got Trump for another 5 years.

If the economy is strong....

Why did the Feds lower the interest rate?

And why are Trump calling for even more rate decrease?

Old 09-25-2019, 07:57 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

Because Europe is officially in a recession. Negative interest rate. It’s going to affect USA.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:05 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:

Makes it easier to buy a house or car as interest rates there drop s well. Not so good for saving interest though.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:15 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:

Perhaps because Trump is excellent at business and can see what will help prevent a recession in the future. Face it Trump is always 3 steps ahead of everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies