Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2019, 03:33 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS1993 View Post
Either way the Democrats are in trouble as their best bet is on a guy who is most likely going through the early stages of dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
Andrew Yang is only 44 and doesn’t show any signs of dementia or Alzheimers, so don’t know where you get that perspective. Maybe you are projecting because Cheeto Face is deranged? Thing is: he’s (Trump) been demented/deranged his entire life.

Old 12-11-2019, 04:28 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,754,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Oh wow. Kamala Harris is out? How could this happen in the Democrat primary?

- Multiracial
- Female
- Long history of "progressive" politics at the state level.

Stances on the issues:
- Wanted national rent control.
- Wanted to possibly increase federal taxes to pay for "reparations for Slavery".
- "Free" College funded by the federal government.
- Wanted to eliminate the electoral college.
- Ban all fracking.
- Tax businesses for climate change based on their "carbon footprint".
- Proposed taxing meat production as a way to "fight climate change" and reduce consumption of red meat.
- Ban all semi-automatic weapons (rifles or pistols).
- Supported abortion up to birth.
- Wanted to eliminate Section 1325 out of Federal law decriminalizing illegal entry into the country.

Man, I don't know why a plurality of Democrats didn't want to vote for such an honest champion of the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fjA0K2EeE

Oh well, I'm sure Joe Biden will do much better in 2020, or maybe Native American Candidate 'Lizabeth Warren will change things for the better.
She was in over her head and had a poor campaign staff. In California she didn't have to do the hard work because the Democrats dominate the state and she was designated the golden child. Nationally, it's a whole different ball game. In the end her "meteoric" rise caught up with her. Analysis paralysis. Nothing more and nothing less.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:19 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
I'm sad to lose Kamala Harris in this race, but she did need to be more solid on issues. I really hope she doesn't accept a bid for VP. That seems to kill future runs for president. I do hope to see her run again in the future. I love her tough attitude. She could go toe to toe with Putin and the like and look strong to the world.

I don't like Biden. I don't like his son's business on a board being paid ridiculous sums of a known corrupt Ukrain company. And I really don't like hearing that it was legal coming out of the same mouths that condemn Trumps many bankruptcies and him not paying his contractors, etc. They're both legal. Are they ethical? So, really, how is one better than the other?

A friend of mine just the other day who was saying I should vote for Biden if he's the nominee just to beat Trump - that I feel like if I do that, I'll be contributing to the overall eroding of our standards. She got angry with me saying times are different right now, we need to vote anti-Trump no matter who the DNC gives us as a nominee. She even said that all politicians do things like that, so it didn't matter.

Well, it does matter to me. I'm sick of voting "anti" everything. I can't stand my Democratic congresswoman either, but voted for her again because no other democrat ran against her who I would have rather voted for, and it was the end of the world if we didn't vote "anti" republican so "we" could get the house back.

And it's not just Hunter's "legal" "job" on a corrupt foreign board for no apparent good reason, it's how he treats voters - like the guy in a town hall recently where the voter asked legit questions swing voters are thinking about - like Hunter's "job," and Biden's age. Biden yelled at the guy like a bully - exactly Trump behavior. I was around to watch the Anita Hill hearings, too, and other things I didn't like about Biden. Plus, he can't seem to remember his own policies. Ugh. Just don't like him.

I almost feel like I'd rather have Trump for 4 more years, to send a message to the DNC they aren't listening to what we want and get back to voting my real mind as far as voting for a candidate I really want, than be part of a party who puts idiots and bullies and candidates with weird connections to corrupt foreign companies in front of me, trying to convince me I should vote for a lesser evil. I mean, isn't that what we hate about Trump?

I'm going to go back to voting my real mind. If I don't have a decent option, I just won't vote. I may just not vote for any presidential candidate this next election, depending on who they put on the ballot.

I could vote for Elizabeth Warren. I think she's our best option that's left. I like her as a person and her hard work and her smarts. She just doesn't have that strong presence that Kamala has. Bernie is just such a grumpy curmudgeon and seems too unbending. Andrew Yang seems like a nice guy but not experienced enough to be the leader of the free world.

I would have loved to vote for Castro. Was sorry to see him gone, too. Cory Booker would be okay. Kamala inspired me. None of the others really do - as far as being presidential material.

Old 12-11-2019, 06:03 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,761,220 times
I can't wait to see the landslide that is going to occur in this next election. The Demo's sunk their own ship with this whole absurd divisive invented impeachment tactic. They just couldn't stand the fact he beat their precious corrupt Hillary. If there ever was an investigation into her antics let alone both Biden's it would be ground breaking. But of course the Demo's did their level best to dissuade that occurring. If we knew the half of it with those characters, anything Trump did would seem like small potatoes. But it is truly remarkable how well the propaganda machine works on behalf of the Demos. The Nazi's Goebbles set the stage for how it's done and they took a few pages from his book to be sure. Our media is more than worthless for truth but most suck it right up. Ole George Soros continues to write his fat checks to support it all. Nice........

Old 12-11-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
... Andrew Yang seems like a nice guy but not experienced enough to be the leader of the free world.
Now I know you don’t think Trump is “experienced enough to be the leader of the free world” either ... let alone mentally stable and safe, competent, and ethical. So, unlikely as it may be that Yang wins the nomination, I hope you’ll consider the relative gamble and vote accordingly.

Yang is, as you observe, a “nice guy”. So there’s ethical basis for his being more suited than Trump. But Yang’s also smart. Really intelligent. Smart enough to surround himself with competent experience ... unlike Trump who promised to pick “the very best people” who ALL turned out to be either crooks, liars and cheats and nutjobs like himself - or they didn’t last long in their jobs.

Not all Yang’s positions are yet fully thought through and refined. But the guy is seriously on the right tracks like no other candidate.

Old 12-11-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I can't wait to see the landslide that is going to occur in this next election. The Demo's sunk their own ship with this whole absurd divisive invented impeachment tactic. They just couldn't stand the fact he beat their precious corrupt Hillary. If there ever was an investigation into her antics let alone both Biden's it would be ground breaking. But of course the Demo's did their level best to dissuade that occurring. If we knew the half of it with those characters, anything Trump did would seem like small potatoes. But it is truly remarkable how well the propaganda machine works on behalf of the Demos. The Nazi's Goebbles set the stage for how it's done and they took a few pages from his book to be sure. Our media is more than worthless for truth but most suck it right up. Ole George Soros continues to write his fat checks to support it all. Nice........
What a bogus screed. Every point.

The impeachment isn’t “invented”. It’s corroborated deeply. You think the Bidens are corrupt and should be investigated? Absolutely fine. Do it. And if anything turns up to support your theory, throw the book at ‘em.

Now, that said, regardless, the question at hand isn’t whether others are corrupt or a danger to the nation. The question is whether Trump’s actions are. If a thousand in government are corrupt - it doesn’t change the question of any one of them ... including Trump. ... And Trump is at the helm right now. His is THE most dangerous position. Investigate everyone. Throw them all in jail if they’ve broken the laws or American trusts.

Start at the top.

“ how well the propaganda machine works on behalf of the Demos.” ??? If the “propaganda machine” works so well for the “Demo’s”, why / how is Trump in the White House? What a completely absurd thing to say.

Old 12-11-2019, 07:26 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I'm sad to lose Kamala Harris in this race, but she did need to be more solid on issues. I really hope she doesn't accept a bid for VP. That seems to kill future runs for president. I do hope to see her run again in the future. I love her tough attitude. She could go toe to toe with Putin and the like and look strong to the world.

I don't like Biden. I don't like his son's business on a board being paid ridiculous sums of a known corrupt Ukrain company. And I really don't like hearing that it was legal coming out of the same mouths that condemn Trumps many bankruptcies and him not paying his contractors, etc. They're both legal. Are they ethical? So, really, how is one better than the other?

A friend of mine just the other day who was saying I should vote for Biden if he's the nominee just to beat Trump - that I feel like if I do that, I'll be contributing to the overall eroding of our standards. She got angry with me saying times are different right now, we need to vote anti-Trump no matter who the DNC gives us as a nominee. She even said that all politicians do things like that, so it didn't matter.

Well, it does matter to me. I'm sick of voting "anti" everything. I can't stand my Democratic congresswoman either, but voted for her again because no other democrat ran against her who I would have rather voted for, and it was the end of the world if we didn't vote "anti" republican so "we" could get the house back.

And it's not just Hunter's "legal" "job" on a corrupt foreign board for no apparent good reason, it's how he treats voters - like the guy in a town hall recently where the voter asked legit questions swing voters are thinking about - like Hunter's "job," and Biden's age. Biden yelled at the guy like a bully - exactly Trump behavior. I was around to watch the Anita Hill hearings, too, and other things I didn't like about Biden. Plus, he can't seem to remember his own policies. Ugh. Just don't like him.

I almost feel like I'd rather have Trump for 4 more years, to send a message to the DNC they aren't listening to what we want and get back to voting my real mind as far as voting for a candidate I really want, than be part of a party who puts idiots and bullies and candidates with weird connections to corrupt foreign companies in front of me, trying to convince me I should vote for a lesser evil. I mean, isn't that what we hate about Trump?

I'm going to go back to voting my real mind. If I don't have a decent option, I just won't vote. I may just not vote for any presidential candidate this next election, depending on who they put on the ballot.

I could vote for Elizabeth Warren. I think she's our best option that's left. I like her as a person and her hard work and her smarts. She just doesn't have that strong presence that Kamala has. Bernie is just such a grumpy curmudgeon and seems too unbending. Andrew Yang seems like a nice guy but not experienced enough to be the leader of the free world.

I would have loved to vote for Castro. Was sorry to see him gone, too. Cory Booker would be okay. Kamala inspired me. None of the others really do - as far as being presidential material.
Come on over to the red side we’re nice. We won’t yell or berate you if you want to vote blue we’re used to it in.Ca.

Old 12-11-2019, 07:35 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
My labradoodle would be a better president than Trump, I will vote for and support whichever Democrat gets the nomination, the worst of them is 1000 times more ethical than Trump

Old 12-11-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
My labradoodle would be a better president than Trump, I will vote for and support whichever Democrat gets the nomination, the worst of them is 1000 times more ethical than Trump
I’m in for a labradoodle POTUS at this point. Second the nomination ...

Old 12-11-2019, 08:07 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Andrew Yang is only 44 and doesn’t show any signs of dementia or Alzheimers, so don’t know where you get that perspective. Maybe you are projecting because Cheeto Face is deranged? Thing is: he’s (Trump) been demented/deranged his entire life.

I've been watching Yang's videos on youtube. He is without a doubt a very, very intelligent and interesting man. Comes off as honest also. I can foresee that, because of these superior attributes, him being totally shunned by the DNC. They'd rather promote candidates that are too extreme so he'll get little or no support from the powers that be. The mainstream media will probably ignore him too. Sad really. I'm seeing a lot of moderate Democrats and quite a few Republicans that are considering voting for him. He'll have to take his campaign to folks at a grassroots level to get anywhere.

His best interview on youtube was with Ben Shapiro. It's two very intelligent men calmly and respectfully discussing policies. It's a long interview so if you can't watch it, you should read the comments. Liberals and conservatives praising him equally. Many Republican comments indicate he could get bipartisan support for president. Anyway, here's the video. Hope some of you will watch...it's enlightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DHuRTvzMFw&t=35s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies